Christian Alcaraz Frederiksen
- The blood pressure-induced diameter response of retinal arterioles decreases with increasing diabetic maculopathyChristian Alcaraz Frederiksen
Department of Ophthalmology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 244:1255-61. 2006..The aim of the study was to compare the diameter response of retinal arterioles and retinal thickness in patients with different stages of diabetic maculopathy during an increase in the arterial blood pressure...
- Positive end-expiratory pressure influences echocardiographic measures of diastolic function: a randomized, crossover study in cardiac surgery patientsPeter Juhl-Olsen
Research Assistant, Medical Student, Professor, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark, and Department of Clinical Medicine, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark Research Nurse, Associate Professor, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Aarhus University Hospital
Anesthesiology 119:1078-86. 2013..This study aimed to evaluate the effects of positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP) and positioning on echocardiographic measures of diastolic function...
- Assessment of cardiac pathology by point-of-care ultrasonography performed by a novice examiner is comparable to the gold standardChristian Alcaraz Frederiksen
Department of Cardiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby, Denmark
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 21:87. 2013....
- Systolic heart function remains depressed for at least 30 days after on-pump cardiac surgeryPeter Juhl-Olsen
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby, Aarhus N, Denmark
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 15:395-9. 2012..Secondarily, we aimed to describe perioperative changes in strain of the inter-ventricular septum when compared with reference segments...
- Point-of-care ultrasonography changes patient management following open heart surgeryLærke Kamstrup Christiansen
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Scand Cardiovasc J 47:335-43. 2013..Point-of-care (POC) ultrasonography protocols constitute a noninvasive evaluation of the cardiopulmonary status. We hypothesized that POC ultrasonography could diagnose unknown PE and PLE...
- Endothelial perturbation: a link between non-dipping and retinopathy in type 2 diabetes?Søren Tang Knudsen
Medical Department M Diabetes and Endocrinology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
J Am Soc Hypertens 1:208-15. 2007..This finding suggests a possible mechanism linking non-dipping with microvascular complications in these subjects...
- Limited intervention improves technical skill in focus assessed transthoracic echocardiography among novice examinersChristian Alcaraz Frederiksen
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Aarhus University Hospital, Brendstrupgaardsvej 100, 8200 Aarhus, Denmark
BMC Med Educ 12:65. 2012....
- Echocardiographic Measures of Diastolic Function Are Preload Dependent during Triggered Positive Pressure Ventilation: A Controlled Crossover Study in Healthy SubjectsPeter Juhl-Olsen
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby, Brendstrupgaardsvej 100, 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark Institute of Clinical Medicine, Aarhus University, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Crit Care Res Pract 2012:703196. 2012..The susceptibility of E and e' to preload changes during PPV discourages their use in settings of volume shifts or during changes in ventilator settings. Conclusion. Positioning and PPV affect E and e'...
- Transthoracic echocardiography in the perioperative settingMartin Ruben Skou Jørgensen
aDepartment of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine bDepartment of Cardiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 29:46-54. 2016..This review will discuss the possible use of focused TTE in the perioperative setting and provides an update on present and future perspectives...
- Echocardiographic evaluation of systolic and diastolic function: a preoperative study of correlation with serum NT-proBNPChristian Alcaraz Frederiksen
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby, Denmark
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 26:197-203. 2012..The authors hypothesized that preoperative N-terminal probrain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) correlates well with longitudinal strain measurements and with Doppler measurements of diastolic function...