Boye Schnack Nielsen
Affiliation: Finsen Laboratory
- A precise and efficient stereological method for determining murine lung metastasis volumesB S Nielsen
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Pathol 158:1997-2003. 2001..5%, to the total variance within the group of mice. In conclusion, we have developed an efficient and unbiased method to determine the metastasis burden in mouse lungs...
- Collagenase-3 expression in breast myofibroblasts as a molecular marker of transition of ductal carcinoma in situ lesions to invasive ductal carcinomasB S Nielsen
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Cancer Res 61:7091-100. 2001..On the basis of these data, we propose that MMP-13 may play an essential role during transition of DCIS lesions to invasive ductal carcinomas...
- Urokinase plasminogen activator is localized in stromal cells in ductal breast cancerB S Nielsen
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen
Lab Invest 81:1485-501. 2001..We conclude that uPA immunoreactivity is almost exclusively associated with stromal cells, which thus play a major role in generation of proteolytic activity in ductal breast cancer...
- Urokinase receptor-associated protein (uPARAP) is expressed in connection with malignant as well as benign lesions of the human breast and occurs in specific populations of stromal cellsBoye Schnack Nielsen
Finsen Laboratory, Copenhagen, Denmark
Int J Cancer 98:656-64. 2002..We suggest that uPARAP is involved in the clearance of the uPA:uPAR complex as well as other possible ligands during benign and malignant tissue remodeling...
- Stromal cells associated with early invasive foci in human mammary ductal carcinoma in situ coexpress urokinase and urokinase receptorBoye S Nielsen
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, Strandboulevarden 49, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Int J Cancer 120:2086-95. 2007..We conclude that periductal macrophages and myofibroblasts are strongly involved in the initial steps of breast cancer invasion by focally upregulating the expression of the plasminogen activation system and MMP-13...