Søren K Jensen
Affiliation: Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences
- Effects of butter from mountain-pasture grazing cows on risk markers of the metabolic syndrome compared with conventional Danish butter: a randomized controlled studyLouise B Werner
Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports, Faculty of Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg 1958, Denmark
Lipids Health Dis 12:99. 2013..This may be due to a higher content of bioactive components, such as phytanic acid, a PPAR-agonist derived from chlorophyll. However, the effects of such products on human health have been poorly investigated...
- Effect of dairy fat on plasma phytanic acid in healthy volunteers - a randomized controlled studyLouise B Werner
Department of Human Nutrition, Faculty of Life, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg 1958, Denmark
Lipids Health Dis 10:95. 2011....
- Bioavailability of alpha-tocopherol stereoisomers in rats depends on dietary doses of all-rac- or RRR-alpha-tocopheryl acetateSøren K Jensen
Department of Animal Health, Welfare and Nutrition, Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Research Centre Foulum, Tjele, Denmark
Br J Nutr 95:477-87. 2006..In adipose tissue, concentrations of the three synthetic 2R isomers remained constant, whereas there was a steep increase in the content of RRR-alpha-tocopherol...
- Dietary antibiotic growth promoters enhance the bioavailability of alpha-tocopheryl acetate in broilers by altering lipid absorptionAne Knarreborg
Department of Animal Nutrition and Physiology, Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Research Centre Foulum, DK 8830 Tjele, Denmark
J Nutr 134:1487-92. 2004..In conclusion, proper digestion of lipid-soluble compounds is highly dependent on an adequate concentration of bile salts in the small intestine to provide proper lipid emulsification and activation of lipolytic enzymes...
- Pancreatic lipase activity as influenced by unconjugated bile acids and pH, measured in vitro and in vivoAne Knarreborg
Department of Animal Nutrition and Physiology, Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Research Centre Foulum, 8830 Tjele, Denmark
J Nutr Biochem 14:259-65. 2003..This study emphasizes the important influence of unconjugated bile acids on lipase activity at physiological pH-values...
- Lactating sows and suckling piglets preferentially incorporate RRR- over all-rac-alpha-tocopherol into milk, plasma and tissuesCharlotte Lauridsen
Department of Animal Nutrition and Physiology, Research Centre Foulum, DK 8830 Tjele, Denmark
J Nutr 132:1258-64. 2002....
- Chicken model for studying dietary antioxidants reveals that apple (Cox's Orange)/broccoli (Brassica oleracea L. var. italica) stabilizes erythrocytes and reduces oxidation of insoluble muscle proteins and lipids in cooked liverJette F Young
Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Animal Product Quality, Research Centre Foulum, Tjele, Denmark
J Agric Food Chem 50:5058-62. 2002..However, neither low antioxidant diet nor vegetable supplements affected selected antioxidative enzymes or oxidative stability of lipids in heat-treated muscle tissue...
- Supplementing dairy steers and organically managed dairy cows with synthetic vitamin D3 is unnecessary at pasture during exposure to summer sunlightLone Hymøller
Department of Animal Health, Welfare and Nutrition, Aarhus University, Blichers alle 20, Box 50, DK 8830 Tjele, Denmark
J Dairy Res 76:372-8. 2009..The results also show that cows or steers fed supplemental D3 according to Swedish recommendation throughout the year are not able to maintain their summer value of 25OHD3 during winter...
- Quantitative determination of bile salt hydrolase activity in bacteria isolated from the small intestine of chickensAne Knarreborg
Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Animal Nutrition and Physiology, Research Centre Foulum, DK 8830 Tjele, Denmark
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:6425-8. 2002..The isolates differed in BSH activity with respect to the state of growth and preculturing with and without taurochenodeoxycholate. The highest levels of BSH activity were found with Enterococcus faecium and Clostridium perfringens...