Affiliation: Copenhagen University Hospital
- Prophylactic efficacy of lithium administered every second day: a WHO multicentre studyP Plenge
Department of Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Bipolar Disord 1:109-16. 1999..To study the prophylactic efficacy of lithium administered every second day to patients with bipolar disorder or recurrent unipolar depressive disorder...
- Pindolol and the acceleration of the antidepressant responsePer Plenge
Laboratory of Neuropsychiatry, Righospitalet 6102, DK 2100, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Affect Disord 75:285-9. 2003..Some studies, most using paroxetine, show an acceleration of the antidepressant response, whereas studies with other SSRIs find no marked latency reduction...
- Effects of white spirits on rat brain 5-HT receptor functions and synaptic remodelingH R Lam
Institute of Food Safety and Toxicology, Danish Veterinary and Food Administration, DK 2860 Søborg, Copenhagen, Denmark
Neurotoxicol Teratol 23:603-8. 2001..The affected 5-HT receptor expression and synaptic plasticity marker proteins indicate that inhalation exposure to high concentrations of white spirit may be neurotoxic to rats, especially the aromatic white spirit type...
- Platelet serotonin transporters and the transporter gene in control subjects, unipolar patients and bipolar patientsE Mellerup
Department of Psychiatry, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Psychiatr Scand 103:229-33. 2001....
- Allosteric effects of R- and S-citalopram on the human 5-HT transporter: evidence for distinct high- and low-affinity binding sitesPer Plenge
Laboratory of Neuropsychiatry, Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Rigshospitalet 6102, Blegdamsvej, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Pharmacol 567:1-9. 2007..2: The allosteric effects of R-citalopram on the dissociation of [(3)H]-imipramine from hSERT indicate that R-citalopram introduces a conformational change in hSERT...
- High- and low-affinity binding of S-citalopram to the human serotonin transporter mutated at 20 putatively important amino acid positionsPer Plenge
Department of Pharmacology, Laboratory of Neuropsychiatry, Rigshospitalet 6102, 9 Blegdamsvej, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Neurosci Lett 383:203-8. 2005..g., Q562A). It is concluded that the allosteric binding site is independent of the high-affinity-binding site; it may therefore represent a new drug target...
- Characterization of an allosteric citalopram-binding site at the serotonin transporterFenghua Chen
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Biological Psychiatry, Aarhus Psychiatric University Hospital, Risskov, Denmark
J Neurochem 92:21-8. 2005..A species-scanning mutagenesis study comparing human and bovine SERT revealed that Met180, Tyr495 and Ser513 are important residues in mediating the allosteric effect, as well as contributing to high-affinity binding at the primary site...
- The serotonin transporter and 5HT2A receptor in rat brain after localized lesionsHenrik Dam
Department of Psychiatry, H S Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Neurol Res 29:717-22. 2007..The purpose of the present study was to examine whether serotonin transporter density or 5HT2A serotonin receptor density is changed in specific brain areas following anterior or posterior lesions in the two hemispheres...
- Serotonin, locomotion, exploration, and place recall in the ratJesper Mogensen
Department of Psychology, University of Copenhagen, Amager, Njalsgade 88, DK 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 75:381-95. 2003..At 14 days postsurgery, the 5,7-DHT-treated animals demonstrated an impaired habituation of the exploratory behaviour...
- Characterization of epibatidine binding to medial habenula: potential role in analgesiaPer Plenge
Laboratory of Neuropsychiatry, University Hospital, Rigshospitalet 6102, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 302:759-65. 2002..This leads us to suggest that the medial habenular epibatidine binding site might be a valuable target for the development of non-opiate analgesics...
- Binding characteristics of the 5-HT2A receptor antagonists altanserin and MDL 100907Heidi Kristiansen
Neurobiology Research Unit, University Hospital Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Synapse 58:249-57. 2005..Overall, the binding of [(18)F]altanserin and [(3)H]MDL 100907 to the 5-HT(2A) receptor was very comparable, showing selective high affinity binding in the subnanomolar range...
- Associative and nonassociative learning after chronic imipramine in ratsJesper Mogensen
Department of Psychology, University of Copenhagen, Amager, Njalsgade 88, DK 2300, Copenhagen S, Denmark
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 76:197-212. 2003....