Michael R Lassen
Affiliation: Copenhagen University Hospital
- The efficacy and safety of apixaban, an oral, direct factor Xa inhibitor, as thromboprophylaxis in patients following total knee replacementM R Lassen
Department of Orthopaedics and Clinical Trial Unit, Nordsjaellands Hospital Hoersholm, University of Copenhagen, Usseroed Kongevej 102, Hoersholm, Denmark
J Thromb Haemost 5:2368-75. 2007..Heparins and warfarin are currently used as venous thromboembolism (VTE) prophylaxis in surgery. Inhibition of factor (F) Xa provides a specific mechanism of anticoagulation and the potential for an improved benefit-risk profile...
- Emergence of new oral antithrombotics: a critical appraisal of their clinical potentialMichael Rud Lassen
Department of Orthopaedics and Clinical Trial Unit, Nordsjaellands Hospital Hørsholm, University of Copenhagen, Usserød Kongevej 102, Hørsholm, Denmark
Vasc Health Risk Manag 4:1373-86. 2008..In addition, the impact that the introduction of such agents into clinical practice would have is discussed from the patient perspective...
- SR123781A: a new once-daily synthetic oligosaccharide anticoagulant for thromboprophylaxis after total hip replacement surgery: the DRIVE (Dose Ranging Study in Elective Total Hip Replacement Surgery) studyMichael R Lassen
Hørsholm Hospital, Hørsholm, Denmark
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:1498-504. 2008..This study assessed the dose response of SR123781A for the prevention of venous thromboembolism (VTE) in patients undergoing total hip replacement (THR) surgery...
- Rivaroxaban versus enoxaparin for thromboprophylaxis after total knee arthroplastyMichael R Lassen
Nordsjaellands Hospital, Hørsholm, Denmark
N Engl J Med 358:2776-86. 2008..We investigated the efficacy of rivaroxaban, an orally active direct factor Xa inhibitor, in preventing venous thrombosis after total knee arthroplasty...
- AVE5026, a new hemisynthetic ultra-low-molecular-weight heparin for the prevention of venous thromboembolism in patients after total knee replacement surgery--TREK: a dose-ranging studyM R Lassen
Hørsholm Hospital, Spine Clinic, Hørsholm, Denmark
J Thromb Haemost 7:566-72. 2009..AVE5026 is in clinical development for venous thromboembolism (VTE) prevention, a frequent complication after total knee replacement (TKR) surgery...
- Apixaban versus enoxaparin for thromboprophylaxis after hip replacementMichael Rud Lassen
Department of Orthopedics, Spine Clinic, and Clinical Trial Unit, Hørsholm Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Hørsholm, Denmark
N Engl J Med 363:2487-98. 2010..Orally active, specific factor Xa inhibitors such as apixaban may provide effective thromboprophylaxis with a lower risk of bleeding and improved ease of use...
- Recent developments in the use of oral anticoagulantsMichael R Lassen
Hørsholm Hospital, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Usserød Kongevej 102, DK 2970, Hørsholm, Denmark
Expert Opin Pharmacother 10:1769-81. 2009..Additionally, these drugs show potential for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation, treatment of venous thromboembolism and prevention of secondary events in acute coronary syndrome...
- Apixaban versus enoxaparin for thromboprophylaxis after knee replacement (ADVANCE-2): a randomised double-blind trialMichael Rud Lassen
Department of Orthopaedics, Spine Clinic, Clinical Trial Unit, Hørsholm Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Hørsholm, Denmark
Lancet 375:807-15. 2010..Apixaban, an orally active factor Xa inhibitor, might be as effective, have lower bleeding risk, and be easier to use than is enoxaparin. We assessed efficacy and safety of these drugs after elective total knee replacement...
- Use of the low-molecular-weight heparin reviparin to prevent deep-vein thrombosis after leg injury requiring immobilizationMichael R Lassen
Department of Orthopedics, Hillerød Hospital, Hillerød, Denmark
N Engl J Med 347:726-30. 2002..Deep-vein thrombosis is a well-recognized complication after trauma to the legs and subsequent immobilization, but there are no generally accepted approaches to preventing this complication...
- Rivaroxaban for Thromboprophylaxis After Fracture-Related Orthopedic Surgery in Routine Clinical PracticeMichael R Lassen
Clinical Trial Unit, Center of Rheumatology and Spine Diseases, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Glostrup, Denmark
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 22:138-46. 2016..This analysis evaluated the effectiveness and safety of rivaroxaban after fracture-related orthopedic surgery in routine care compared with other pharmacological thromboprophylaxis (standard of care [SOC])...
- Urinary Prothrombin Fragment 1+2 in relation to Development of Non-Symptomatic and Symptomatic Venous Thromboembolic Events following Total Knee ReplacementLars C Borris
Department of Orthopaedics, Arhus University Hospital, Nørrebrogade 44, 8000 Arhus C, Denmark
Thrombosis 2011:150750. 2011..Measurement of uF1+2 could provide a simple, non-invasive clinical test to identify patients at risk of VTE...