Affiliation: Copenhagen University Hospital
- Rationale and design of the participant, investigator, observer, and data-analyst-blinded randomized AGENDA trial on associations between gene-polymorphisms, endophenotypes for depression and antidepressive intervention: the effect of escitalopram versus Ulla Knorr
Department of Psychiatry, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Trials 10:66. 2009..The primary outcome measure is the change in plasma cortisol in the dexamethasone-corticotrophin releasing hormone test from baseline to the end of intervention...
- The effect of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in healthy subjects. A systematic reviewUlla Knorr
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital of Copenhagen, Rigshospitalet, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Nord J Psychiatry 64:153-63. 2010....
- Salivary cortisol in depressed patients versus control persons: a systematic review and meta-analysisUlla Knorr
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital of Copenhagen, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Psychoneuroendocrinology 35:1275-86. 2010..Based on the available studies there is not firm evidence for a difference of salivary cortisol in depressed patients and control persons and salivary cortisol is unable to discriminate between persons with and without depression...
- The effect of escitalopram versus placebo on perceived stress and salivary cortisol in healthy first-degree relatives of patients with depression-A randomised trialUlla Knorr
Psychiatric Centre Copenhagen, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark
Psychiatry Res 200:354-60. 2012..However, change in salivary cortisol was one out of multiple outcome measures. The results of the present trial do not refute salivary cortisol as a potential endophenotype for depression...
- Effect of chronic escitalopram versus placebo on personality traits in healthy first-degree relatives of patients with depression: a randomized trialUlla Knorr
Psychiatric Centre Copenhagen, Rigshospitalet, University Hospital of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 7:e31980. 2012..The present trial is the first to test the hypothesis that escitalopram may reduce neuroticism in healthy first-degree relatives of patients with major depressive disorder (MD)...
- Escitalopram and neuroendocrine response in healthy first-degree relatives to depressed patients--a randomized placebo-controlled trialUlla Knorr
Department of Psychiatry Copenhagen, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 6:e21224. 2011....
- Cognitive deficits in the remitted state of unipolar depressive disorderBo Jacob Hasselbalch
Psychiatric Centre Copenhagen, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Neuropsychology 26:642-51. 2012..Patients with unipolar depressive disorder may present with cognitive deficits in the remitted state, and the aim of the present study was to investigate whether cognitive deficits within specific cognitive domains are present...
- No evidence for an anti-inflammatory effect of escitalopram intervention in healthy individuals with a family history of depressionEva Haastrup
Department of Clinical Immunology, Blood Bank, National University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Neuroimmunol 243:69-72. 2012..Our data does thus not support the hypothesis of a global anti-inflammatory effect of escitalopram on cytokines in healthy subjects...
- Differences in psychomotor activity in patients suffering from unipolar and bipolar affective disorder in the remitted or mild/moderate depressive stateMaria Faurholt-Jepsen
The Copenhagen Affective Disorder Clinic, Psychiatric Centre Copenhagen, Rigshospitalet, Denmark
J Affect Disord 141:457-63. 2012..Studies measuring differences in psychomotor activity between unipolar and bipolar disorder show divergent results and none have used a combined heart rate and movement monitor for measuring activity during free-living conditions...
- Cognitive impairment in the remitted state of unipolar depressive disorder: a systematic reviewBo Jacob Hasselbalch
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital of Copenhagen, Rigshospitalet, Denmark
J Affect Disord 134:20-31. 2011..It is unclear whether cognitive impairment is prevalent in the remitted state of unipolar disorder...
- The BDNF Val66Met polymorphism: relation to familiar risk of affective disorder, BDNF levels and salivary cortisolMaj Vinberg
Department of Psychiatry, Rigshospitalet, University Hospital of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Psychoneuroendocrinology 34:1380-9. 2009..The aim of the present study was to investigate whether the BDNF Val66Met polymorphism is associated with a familiar risk of affective disorder and whether these genotypes affect whole blood BDNF level and salivary cortisol...
- Volume of the adrenal and pituitary glands in depressionLars Vedel Kessing
Department of Psychiatry, University of Copenhagen, Rigshospitalet, Denmark
Psychoneuroendocrinology 36:19-27. 2011....