Affiliation: Copenhagen University Hospital
- Giant granules of neutrophils in Chediak-Higashi syndrome are derived from azurophil granules but not from specific and gelatinase granulesL Kjeldsen
Department of Hematology, The National University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Leukoc Biol 64:72-7. 1998..In conclusion, giant granules from CHS neutrophils originate from azurophil granules but not from the specific and gelatinase granules...
- Subcellular fractionation of human neutrophils on Percoll density gradientsL Kjeldsen
Granulocyte Research Laboratory, Department of Hematology, The Finsen Center, The National University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, 9 Blegdamsvej, 2100, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Immunol Methods 232:131-43. 1999....
- Human neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin and homologous proteins in rat and mouseL Kjeldsen
The Granulocyte Research Laboratory, Department of Hematology, The National University Hospital, L 4042, Rigshospitalet, 9 Blegdamsvej, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Biochim Biophys Acta 1482:272-83. 2000..This may indicate either a microbicidal activity of NGAL or a role in regulation of inflammation or cellular growth, putative functions yet to be demonstrated...
- Molecular cloning and expression of a cDNA encoding NGAL: a lipocalin expressed in human neutrophilsJ R Bundgaard
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Rigshospitalet, University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 202:1468-75. 1994..A faint signal was observed in fetal and adult human lung tissue. The molecular cloning of the NGAL cDNA allowed the recombinant production of NGAL in E. coli...
- SGP28, a novel matrix glycoprotein in specific granules of human neutrophils with similarity to a human testis-specific gene product and a rodent sperm-coating glycoproteinL Kjeldsen
Granulocyte Research Laboratory, Department of Hematology, The Finsen Center, Rigshospitalet, Denmark
FEBS Lett 380:246-50. 1996..Subcellular fractionation of human neutrophils indicated that the protein is localized in specific granules. The protein was named SGP28 (specific granule protein of 28 kDa)...
- Characterization of two ELISAs for NGAL, a newly described lipocalin in human neutrophilsL Kjeldsen
Department of Hematology, Finsen Center, National University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Immunol Methods 198:155-64. 1996..The antibodies and assays will be valuable tools in the future investigation of NGAL expression in inflammatory and malignant disorders and in the elucidation of the function of NGAL as a modulator of the inflammatory response...
- Isolation and primary structure of NGAL, a novel protein associated with human neutrophil gelatinaseL Kjeldsen
Departments of Hematology, University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Biol Chem 268:10425-32. 1993..It is thus a new member of the lipocalin family. The function of the 25-kDa protein, named neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL), remains to be determined...
- Serglycin proteoglycan in hematologic malignancies: a marker of acute myeloid leukemiaC U Niemann
Department of Hematology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Leukemia 21:2406-10. 2007..In contrast to myeloperoxidase, serglycin was found to be a selective marker for immature myeloid cells, distinguishing AML from Philadelphia chromosome-negative chronic myeloproliferative disorders...