Affiliation: Copenhagen University Hospital
- Endoscopic surgery of inverted papillomas under image guidance--a prospective study of 42 consecutive cases at a Danish university clinicChristian Von Buchwald
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Rigshospitalet, University Hospital of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 132:602-7. 2005..To evaluate the feasibility of endoscopic surgery with image guidance in the treatment of inverted papillomas...
- Risks of malignancy in inverted papilloma of the nose and paranasal sinusesChristian Von Buchwald
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Rigshospitalet and Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 15:95-8. 2007..This article reviews some of the recent publications addressing the association of inverted papilloma with malignancy...
- Human papilloma virus and p53 expression in carcinomas associated with sinonasal papillomas: a Danish Epidemiological study 1980-1998C Buchwald
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Laryngoscope 111:1104-10. 2001..To determine a putative role and relation between human papilloma virus (HPV) and p53 in the etiology of sinonasal carcinomas associated with papillomas...
- [Functional endoscopic sinus surgery]Christian Von Buchwald
H S Rigshospitalet, Øre naese halskirurgisk Klinik
Ugeskr Laeger 166:810-1. 2004
- Sentinel node biopsy: the technique and the feasibility in head and neck cancerChristian Von Buchwald
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 64:268-74. 2002..However, the existing reports enrole observational studies, thus randomised trials should be considered to gain maximum valid data to prove that sentinel node biopsy has an effect on parameters such as loco-regional control and survival...
- An aggressive and invasive growth of juvenile papillomas involving the total respiratory tractB L Petersen
Department of Pathology, Rigshospitalet, Denmark
J Laryngol Otol 112:1101-4. 1998..In the most recent biopsies a verrucous carcinoma has been diagnosed. Expression of p53 was noted to increase in papillomas with time. All samples have been shown to harbour HPV 11, but no other HPV types...
- Juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibromas in Denmark 1981-2003: diagnosis, incidence, and treatmentH Glad
Department of Otolaryngology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen
Acta Otolaryngol 127:292-9. 2007..Preoperative embolization is a safe procedure that diminishes the peroperative blood loss and the need for blood transfusion. The endoscopic approach was used with good results in JNA stage I and II (Chandler)...
- Extensive endoscopic image-guided sinus surgery decreases BPI-ANCA in patients with cystic fibrosisK Aanaes
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Scand J Immunol 76:573-9. 2012..The results shown herein are in favour of applying EIGSS in selected patients with CF and for using BPI-ANCA as a surrogate marker for guiding further therapeutic interventions...
- The role of miRNAs in human papilloma virus (HPV)-associated cancers: bridging between HPV-related head and neck cancer and cervical cancerC B Lajer
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery and Audiology, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Br J Cancer 106:1526-34. 2012..To explore the influence of HPV in HNSCC, we made a comparative miRNA profile of HPV-positive (HPV+) and HPV-negative (HPV-) HNSCC against CSCC...
- Database developed to record and evaluate computer aided endonasal surgery resultsA Larsen
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Otolaryngol Suppl 543:162-4. 2000..Results for conventional FESS are entered in the same database for comparison. The aim of this study is to present a standardized Danish database...
- An extensive maxillary pneumosinus dilatansH J Juhl
Department of Otorhinology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Rhinology 39:236-8. 2001..CT and MRI showed that the lesion involved the orbit, cheek and nasal cavity. A reopening to the affected maxillary sinus as a FESS procedure was performed with success...
- Sinonasal schwannoma--a clinicopathological analysis of five rare casesK H Mey
Department of Oto Rhino Laryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Rhinology 44:46-52. 2006..On the basis of our review early detection and complete surgical removal is recommended...
- [Treatment of recurrent epistaxis with endoscopic electrocoagulation of the sphenopalatine artery]J L Rasmussen
Ugeskr Laeger 163:4404-6. 2001..CONCLUSION: This method is recommended for the treatment of persistent posterior epistaxis, when functional endoscopic techniques are mastered. Early treatment reduces morbidity and cuts down the stay in hospital...
- Epstein-Barr positive T-cell lymphoma in the ocular regionL D Sjö
Eye Pathology Institute, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Ophthalmol 16:181-5. 2006..To present two cases of rapidly growing tumors in the ocular adnexa. Both tumors were Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) positive peripheral T-cell lymphoma...