Affiliation: Aarhus University Hospital
- Superior accuracy of model-based radiostereometric analysis for measurement of polyethylene wear: A phantom studyM Stilling
Aarhus University Hospital, Department of Orthopaedics, Tage Hansens Gade 2, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Bone Joint Res 1:180-91. 2012..The accuracy and precision of two new methods of model-based radiostereometric analysis (RSA) were hypothesised to be superior to a plain radiograph method in the assessment of polyethylene (PE) wear...
- Inferior survival of hydroxyapatite versus titanium-coated cups at 15 yearsMaiken Stilling
Department of Orthopaedics, Aarhus University Hospital, Tage Hansens Gade 2, Building 10A, 8000, Aarhus C, Denmark
Clin Orthop Relat Res 467:2872-9. 2009..These findings apply to first-generation modular cups and may not apply to other cup designs and new HA-coating technologies...
- Superior fixation of pegged trabecular metal over screw-fixed pegged porous titanium fiber mesh: a randomized clinical RSA study on cementless tibial componentsMaiken Stilling
Department of Orthopedics, School of Public Health, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Acta Orthop 82:177-86. 2011..We hypothesized that there would be improved fixation of high-porosity trabecular metal (TM) tibial components compared to low-porosity titanium pegged porous fiber-metal (Ti) polyethylene metal backings...
- The final follow-up plain radiograph is sufficient for clinical evaluation of polyethylene wear in total hip arthroplasty. A study of validity and reliabilityMaiken Stilling
Department of Orthopedics, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Acta Orthop 81:570-8. 2010..We evaluated the agreement between PE wear measured with PolyWare software, which uses plain radiographs, and by model-based RSA, which uses stereo radiographs...
- Scaphoid kinematics before and after scaphotrapeziotrapezoidal ligament section. Assessment by radiostereometric analysis and computed tomography in a cadaver studyM Stilling
Orthopaedic Research Unit, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
J Hand Surg Eur Vol 35:637-45. 2010....
- Analysis of polyethylene wear in plain radiographsMaiken Stilling
Department of Orthopaedics, Aarhus University Hospital, Holstebro, Denmark
Acta Orthop 80:675-82. 2009..We compared the repeatability and concurrent validity of linear PE wear on plain radiographs using the same software but a different number of radiographs...
- Knee flexion influences periprosthetic BMD measurement in the tibia. Suggestions for a reproducible clinical scan protocolMaiken Stilling
Department of Orthopaedics, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Acta Orthop 81:463-70. 2010..We investigated the sensitivity of bone mineral density (BMD) measurements to knee flexion in a phantom study and in patients. We suggest a protocol for clinical use...
- Clinical comparison of polyethylene wear with zirconia or cobalt-chromium femoral headsMaiken Stilling
Department of Orthopaedics, Aarhus University Hospital, Tage Hansens Gade 2, Aarhus C, Aarhus, Denmark
Clin Orthop Relat Res 467:2644-50. 2009..The explanation for the clinical similarity of wear, despite the theoretical advantages of ceramic heads, needs further investigation...
- Superior 11-year survival but higher polyethylene wear of hydroxyapatite-coated Mallory-Head cupsMartin Gottliebsen
Department of Orthopaedics, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Hip Int 22:35-40. 2012..After 11.1 years of follow-up non-HA coated cups had a higher revision rate. Increased PE wear with HA-coated cups did not have a negative influence on the revision rate, but may result in a need for revision surgery over time...
- The Copeland resurfacing humeral head implant does not restore humeral head anatomy. A retrospective studyInger Mechlenburg
Department of Orthopaedics, Aarhus University Hospital, Tage Hansens Gade 2, Aarhus C, Denmark
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 133:615-9. 2013....
- No association between serum metal ions and implant fixation in large-head metal-on-metal total hip arthroplastyMette Holm Hjorth
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Acta Orthop 85:355-62. 2014..However, it is not known whether implant fixation is affected by metal wear debris...
- Preparation of the femoral bone cavity in cementless stems: broaching versus compactionMette H Hjorth
A Department of Orthopaedics, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus
Acta Orthop 87:575-582. 2016..Furthermore, 2 periprosthetic fractures occurred using the compaction technique, so we cannot recommend compaction for insertion of the cementless Bi-Metric stem...
- No association between pseudotumors, high serum metal-ion levels and metal hypersensitivity in large-head metal-on-metal total hip arthroplasty at 5-7-year follow-upMette Holm Hjorth
Department of Orthopaedics, Aarhus University Hospital, Tage Hansens Gade 2, 8000, Aarhus C, Denmark
Skeletal Radiol 45:115-25. 2016....
- Is cup positioning challenged in hips previously treated with periacetabular osteotomy?Charlotte Hartig-Andreasen
Orthopaedic Research Unit, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
J Arthroplasty 29:763-8. 2014..Persisting acetabular dysplasia following PAO may lead surgeons to place the acetabular component in excessive cup abduction, and this tendency should be recognized at the time of the PAO...
- Evaluation of periprosthetic bone mineral density and postoperative migration of humeral head resurfacing implants: two-year results of a randomized controlled clinical trialInger Mechlenburg
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospital of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark Electronic address
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 23:1427-36. 2014..A.P. (DePuy Int, Warsaw, IN, USA) humeral head resurfacing implants (HHRIs)...
- Metal release and metal allergy after total hip replacement with resurfacing versus conventional hybrid prosthesisKlas Gustafson
Department of Orthopaedics, Aarhus University Hospital
Acta Orthop 85:348-54. 2014..We hypothesized that higher amounts of wear particles result in increased release of metal ions and ultimately lead to an increased incidence of metal allergy...
- Increased post-operative ischemia in the femoral head found by microdialysis by the posterior surgical approach: a randomized clinical trial comparing surgical approaches in hip resurfacing arthroplastyNina Dyrberg Lorenzen
Orthopaedic Research Unit, Aarhus University Hospital, Tage Hansens Gade 2, Building 10A, office 33, 8000, Aarhus C, Denmark
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 133:1735-45. 2013..We investigated the effect of the surgical approach on the blood flow and metabolism in the femoral head and neck in HRA by Laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) and microdialysis...
- [Pseudotumour in metal-on-metal hip arthroplasty]Mette Holm Hjorth
Ortopædkirurgisk Afdeling, Aarhus Universitetshospital, Tage Hansens Gade 2, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 175:735-6. 2013..The prodromal symptom of pseudotumour is persistent inguinal pain, but lesions may also be silent. All patients with MoM hip arthroplasties should be monitored according to the national recommendations...
- Equally good fixation of cemented and uncemented cups in total trapeziometacarpal joint prostheses. A randomized clinical RSA study with 2-year follow-upTorben Baek Hansen
Department of Orthopaedics, Section of Hand Surgery, and Orthopaedic Research Unit, Holstebro Regional Hospital, Holstebro, Denmark
Acta Orthop 84:98-105. 2013..We compared the early implant migration of cemented trapezium cups to that of uncemented screw cups...
- Preparation of the Femoral Bone Cavity for Cementless Stems: Broaching vs Compaction. A Five-Year Randomized Radiostereometric Analysis and Dual Energy X-Ray Absorption StudyMette H Hjorth
Department of Orthopaedics, THG, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
J Arthroplasty . 2016..Short-term experimental and animal studies have confirmed superior fixation of cementless implants inserted with compaction compared to broaching of the cancellous bone...
- [Hip dysplasia]Inger Mechlenburg
Ortopædkirurgisk Forskning, Aarhus Universitetshospital, Tage Hansens Gade 2, 8000 Aarhus C
Ugeskr Laeger 176:1382-6. 2014..There is no documentation that post-operative movement restrictions prevent dislocation of hip after total hip arthroplasty. ..
- Marker-based or model-based RSA for evaluation of hip resurfacing arthroplasty? A clinical validation and 5-year follow-upNina Dyrberg Lorenzen
Orthopaedic Research Unit, Aarhus University Hospital, Tage Hansens Gade 2, Building 10A, office 33, 8000, Aarhus, Denmark
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 133:1613-21. 2013..RSA can be performed as a marker- or model-based analysis. So far, CAD and RE model-based RSA have not been validated for use in hip resurfacing arthroplasty (HRA)...
- Precision of novel radiological methods in relation to resurfacing humeral head implants: assessment by radiostereometric analysis, DXA, and geometrical analysisMaiken Stilling
Department of Orthopaedics, Aarhus University Hospital, Tage Hansens Gade 2, Building 10 A, Office 13, 8000, Aarhus, Denmark
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 132:1521-30. 2012....
- Dynamic RSA for the evaluation of inducible micromotion of Oxford UKA during step-up and step-down motionKristian Horsager
a Department of Orthopedics, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Acta Orthop . 2017..RLLs and a high posterior slope increased the magnitude of inducible micromotions. This suggests that dynamic RSA is a valuable clinical tool for the evaluation of functional implant fixation...