Affiliation: Aalborg Hospital
- Hormone use for menopausal symptoms and risk of breast cancer. A Danish cohort studyM Ewertz
Department of Oncology, Aalborg Hospital, Aarhus University, Hobrovej 18 22, PO Box 365, DK 9100 Aalborg, Denmark
Br J Cancer 92:1293-7. 2005..No material risk difference was observed among the various HRT-regimens. This population-based cohort study provides further confirmation that HRT increases the risk of developing breast cancer in women aged 50 years or more...
- Use of postmenopausal hormone replacement therapy and risk of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a Danish population-based cohort studyM Nørgaard
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Sdr Skovvej 15, Postbox 365, DK 9100 Aalborg, Denmark
Br J Cancer 94:1339-41. 2006..7 per 100,000 among HRT users and 24.2 per 100,000 among non-users, yielding an adjusted RR of 0.99 (95% CI: 0.71-1.39). Our data did not support an association between HRT use and risk of NHL...
- Risk of docetaxel-induced peripheral neuropathy among 1,725 Danish patients with early stage breast cancerL Eckhoff
Department of Oncology, Odense University Hospital, Sdr Boulevard 29, 5000, Odense, Denmark
Breast Cancer Res Treat 142:109-18. 2013..56; 95 % CI 0.38-0.81) in the EPN group. Patients developing PN after the first cycle are less likely to receive docetaxel at the planned dose intensity and usage of frozen gloves and socks may modify the risk...
- Influence of comorbidity on the effect of adjuvant treatment and age in patients with early-stage breast cancerL H Land
Department of Oncology, Odense University Hospital, Sdr Boulevard 29, Odense C 5000, Denmark
Br J Cancer 107:1901-7. 2012..The aim of this study was to examine the effect of breast cancer treatment on mortality, taking age at diagnosis and comorbidity into account...
- PIK3CA mutations, PTEN, and pHER2 expression and impact on outcome in HER2-positive early-stage breast cancer patients treated with adjuvant chemotherapy and trastuzumabJ D Jensen
Department of Oncology, Odense University Hospital, and Institute of Clinical Research, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Ann Oncol 23:2034-42. 2012....
- MRI and PET/CT of patients with bone metastases from breast carcinomaJ Grankvist
Department of Radiology, Aalborg Hospital, Hobrovej 18 22, 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
Eur J Radiol 81:e13-8. 2012..In conclusion, 3.0Tesla MRI with T1, STIR, and DWI is useful for the clinical evaluation of bone metastases from breast cancer and compares well to PET/CT...
- Breast cancer in Denmark. Incidence, risk factors, and characteristics of survivalM Ewertz
Danish Cancer Society, Division for Cancer Epidemiology, Copenhagen
Acta Oncol 32:595-615. 1993..There was no relation between survival and reproductive or hormonal factors, dietary variables, alcohol consumption, or smoking. However, a complex relationship may exist between survival and body mass index...
- Risk factors for breast cancer and their prognostic significanceM Ewertz
Danish Cancer Registry, Institute of Cancer Epidemiology under the Danish Cancer Society, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Oncol 27:733-7. 1988..Classical risk factors, such as high social status, nulliparity, early menarche and late natural menopause were confirmed, while no association was found between breast cancer and maternal age at first childbirth...
- Tamoxifen's protection against breast cancer recurrence is not reduced by concurrent use of the SSRI citalopramT L Lash
Department of Epidemiology, Boston University School of Public Health, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Br J Cancer 99:616-21. 2008..These results suggest that concurrent use of citalopram does not reduce tamoxifen's prevention of breast cancer recurrence...
- Comorbidity and survival of Danish breast cancer patients from 1995 to 2005D P Cronin-Fenton
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Ole Worms Alle 1150, Aarhus C 8000, Denmark
Br J Cancer 96:1462-8. 2007..Such poorer survival is an important public health concern and can be expected to worsen as the population ages...
- Does timing of adjuvant chemotherapy influence the prognosis after early breast cancer? Results of the Danish Breast Cancer Cooperative Group (DBCG)S Cold
Oncology Department R, Odense University Hospital, Sdr Boulevard 29, DK 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Br J Cancer 93:627-32. 2005..In conclusion, we have found no evidence for a survival benefit due to early initiation of adjuvant chemotherapy within the first 2-3 months after surgery...
- Time trends and regional differences in registration, stage distribution, surgical management and survival of breast cancer in DenmarkA R Jensena
Department of Experimental Clinical Oncology, Danish Cancer Society, Aarhus University Hospital, Norrebrogade 44, Building 5, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Eur J Cancer 39:1783-93. 2003..The DBCG database cannot be considered as representative of the Danish population of breast cancer patients...
- Alcohol, tobacco and breast cancer--collaborative reanalysis of individual data from 53 epidemiological studies, including 58,515 women with breast cancer and 95,067 women without the diseaseN Hamajima
Cancer Research UK Epidemiology Unit, Gibson Building, Radcliffe Infirmary, Woodstock Road, Oxford OX2 6HE, UK
Br J Cancer 87:1234-45. 2002....
- Risk factors for male breast cancer--a case-control study from ScandinaviaM Ewertz
Danish Cancer Society, Division for Cancer Epidemiology, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Oncol 40:467-71. 2001..Several patients died before contact. Thus, risk factors related to a more aggressive male breast cancer or related to high risk of dying (e.g. liver cirrhosis, heavy smoking) may have been missed...
- Risk of breast cancer in relation to social factors in DenmarkM Ewertz
Danish Cancer Society, Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Oncol 27:787-92. 1988..Women working in offices had an increased RR while no other occupation was significantly associated with breast cancer. Social or occupational factors did not explain the urban/rural difference in risk seen in this study...
- The association between risk of breast cancer and age at first pregnancy and parity in Maribo County, DenmarkA Mellemgaard
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Copenhagen
Acta Oncol 29:705-8. 1990..85 vs 1.20). In subgroups of women defined by parity the relative risk decreased with increasing number of pregnancies from about unity among women with 0-3 pregnancies to 0.7 among women with 6 or more pregnancies...