- Methods to Increase the Sensitivity of High Resolution Melting Single Nucleotide Polymorphism Genotyping in Malaria
Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology, Harvard University Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health
J Vis Exp . 2015
..This manuscript describes modifications to high resolution melting technology that further increase its sensitivity to identify polygenomic infections in patient samples. ..
- Pre-amplification methods for tracking low-grade Plasmodium falciparum populations during scaled-up interventions in Southern Zambia
Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Malar J 13:89. 2014
..This current study demonstrates application of pre-amplification methods for successful detection and genotyping of residual Plasmodium falciparum infections during a dramatic malarial decline...
- Changes in drug sensitivity and anti-malarial drug resistance mutations over time among Plasmodium falciparum parasites in Senegal
Daria Van Tyne
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston 02115, USA
Malar J 12:441. 2013
..Simple assays to monitor parasite drug response in direct patient samples (ex vivo) can detect drug resistance before it becomes clinically apparent, and can inform changes in treatment policy to prevent the spread of resistance...
- Rapid, field-deployable method for genotyping and discovery of single-nucleotide polymorphisms associated with drug resistance in Plasmodium falciparum
Broad Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:2976-86. 2012
- A general SNP-based molecular barcode for Plasmodium falciparum identification and tracking
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Malar J 7:223. 2008
- Genetic surveillance detects both clonal and epidemic transmission of malaria following enhanced intervention in Senegal
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e60780. 2013
..Our results imply that genetic surveillance can be used to evaluate the effectiveness of disease control strategies and assist a rational global malaria eradication campaign...
- Distribution pattern of Plasmodium falciparum chloroquine transporter (pfcrt) gene haplotypes in Sri Lanka 1996-2006
Jenny J Zhang
Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 85:811-4. 2011
..004) over time. Among 24 samples from 2004 to 2006, we observed only the SVMNT haplotype. This finding indicates selection for the SVMNT haplotype over time and its possible fixation in the population...
- Hybrid selection for sequencing pathogen genomes from clinical samples
Genome Sequencing and Analysis Program, Broad Institute, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Genome Biol 12:R73. 2011
..This approach will enable efficient genome sequencing of pathogens from clinical samples, as well as sequencing of endosymbiotic organisms such as Wolbachia that live inside diverse metazoan phyla...
- Genome-wide SNP genotyping highlights the role of natural selection in Plasmodium falciparum population divergence
Daniel E Neafsey
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, 7 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Genome Biol 9:R171. 2008
..To that end, we have developed a high throughput single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) genotyping platform for P. falciparum...