Affiliation: Masaryk University
Country: Czech Republic
- [Autoimmune pancreatitis and IgG-positive sclerosing cholangitis]P Dite
Lékarská fakulta MU a FN Brno
Vnitr Lek 57:254-7. 2011....
- Autoimunne pancreatitisP Dite
Department of Hepatogastroenterology, University Hospital of Brno, Brno, Czech Republic
Minerva Gastroenterol Dietol 54:359-64. 2008..These findings suggest that the disease involves a general involvement of the digestive system, although the presence of such involvement has not been fully elucidated. Steroids are a main therapeutic option in AIP...
- Autoimmune pancreatitisPetr Dite
Department of Hepatogastroenterology, University Hospital, Jihlavska 20, 625 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 22:131-43. 2008..From a practical point of view, in an elderly male presenting with obstructive jaundice and pancreatic mass, autoimmune pancreatitis is one of the differential diagnoses to avoid unnecessary surgical therapy...
- [Incidence of pancreatic carcinoma in persons with chronic pancreatitis]P Dite
Interní hepatogastroenterologická klinika Lékarské fakulty MU a FN Brno, pracoviste Bohunice
Vnitr Lek 55:18-21. 2009..An option for the diagnosis of the "early glandular carcinoma" therefore resides in identification and systematic screening of patients with risk of pancreatic carcinoma...
- [Contribution to differential diagnosis of chronic abdominal pain]P Dite
Internl hepatogastroenterologická klinika Lékarské fakulty MU a FN Brno
Vnitr Lek 56:217-9. 2010..It is emphasised that abdominal pain should always be carefully investigated and analysed in order to prevent major mistakes and possible harm to our patients...
- [Immunoglobulin G4-associated cholangitis]P Dite
Interní hepatogastroenterologická klinika Lékarské fakulty MU a FN Brno
Vnitr Lek 56:824-6. 2010..Long-term evaluations of these patients are so far lacking and thus studies on larger patient samples are required...
- Incidence of pancreatic carcinoma in patients with chronic pancreatitisPetr Dite
Department of Internal Medicine Hepatogastroenterology, Univ Hospital and Med, Faculty Brno, Czech Republic
Hepatogastroenterology 57:957-60. 2010..One possible approach to diagnosing so called early adenocarcinoma, therefore, lies in the identification and systematic examination of individuals in risk for this condition...
- Trends of primary and subsequent cancers of the gastrointestinal tract in the Czech population, 1976-2005Petr Dite
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital, Brno, Czech Republic
Dig Dis 28:657-69. 2010..Up to October 2007, 78.2% males died and 21.8% survived primary GI cancers; for women, 76.6% of died and 23.4% survived. Of the subsequent GI cancers, 86.7% males died and 13.3% survived; for women, 85.7% died and 14.3% survived...
- Intestinal obstruction and perforation--the role of the gastroenterologistPetr Dite
Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Dig Dis 21:63-7. 2003....
- A prospective, randomized trial comparing endoscopic and surgical therapy for chronic pancreatitisP Dite
Dept of Medicine and Gastroenterology, University Hospital, Brno, Czech Republic
Endoscopy 35:553-8. 2003..A prospective, randomized study comparing surgery with endoscopy in patients with painful obstructive chronic pancreatitis was therefore conducted...
- Immunosuppressive treatment of Crohn's disease with fistulaeV Zboril
Dept of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology University, Hospital Bohunice, Jihlavska 20, CZ 639 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Bratisl Lek Listy 103:127-30. 2002..In their opinion, the therapy success is limited especially by early starting the treatment (11 cases of effective therapy) and choosing a resolute method that is, according to them, sequential immunosuppression. (Tab. 2, Ref. 32.)..
- [Chronic pancreatitis--etiological classifications and diagnostic criteria]P Dite
Interní gastroenterologická klinika Lékarské fakulty MU a FN Brno
Vnitr Lek 53:354-8. 2007..It seems that in the near future it will be necessary to change the definition of the illness as we know it today and change the existing algorithms for diagnosis and subsequent therapy...
- [Molecular diagnosis in pancreatic carcinoma]P Dite
Interní gastroenterologická klinika Lékarské fakulty MU a FN Brno, pracoviste Bohunice
Vnitr Lek 49:559-62. 2003....
- Amplification and overexpression of HER-2/neu in invasive ductal carcinomas of the pancreas and pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasms and the relationship to the expression of p21(WAF1/CIP1)M Hermanova
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University and Faculty Hospital Brno, 625 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 51:77-83. 2004..Therefore HER-2/neu represents a good target for therapy of pancreatic adenocarcinoma only in isolated cases...
- Incidence of chronic pancreatitis in the Czech RepublicP Dite
Internal Clinic Gastroenterology, University Hospital, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:749-50. 2001..In our study, the main aetiological factor was alcohol (65.4% of all cases, with consumption of alcohol of > 75.0 g/day)...
- Proliferative activity in pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasias of chronic pancreatitis resection specimens: detection of a high-risk lesionM Hermanova
Department of Pathology, Masaryk University, Faculty of Medicine, 625 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 51:400-4. 2004..Moreover, our findings support the currently accepted pancreatic progression model and Ki-67 immunohistochemistry might represent an efficient tool for an identification of a high-risk lesion...
- Autoimmune pancreatitis--recent advancesI Novotny
Internal Clinic III, University Hospital Brno, Jihlavska St 20, Brno, Czech Republic
Dig Dis 28:334-8. 2010..In the literature, there are no case-control studies that determine if AIP predisposes to pancreatic cancer. Undoubtedly, AIP is currently a hot topic in pancreatology...
- Relationship between K-ras mutation and the expression of p21WAF1/CIP1 and p53 in chronic pancreatitis and pancreatic adenocarcinomaM Hermanova
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University and Faculty Hospital Brno, Brno, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 50:319-25. 2003..The possible role of activating K-ras mutations in an induction of p21WAF1/CIP1 expression was not confirmed in this study...
- Bacterial infection and acute bleeding from upper gastrointestinal tract in patients with liver cirrhosisL Husova
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital Brno, Czech Republic
Hepatogastroenterology 52:1488-90. 2005..It is believed that bacterial infection may be the immediate cause of the bleeding and the latest meta-analyses show that bacterial infection is an independent predictive factor of the failure to stop bleeding...
- [Effect of administration of Escherichia coli Nissle (Mutaflor) on intestinal colonisation, endo-toxemia, liver function and minimal hepatic encephalopathy in patients with liver cirrhosis]J Lata
Interní gastroenterologická klinika Lékarské fakulty MU a FN Brno, pracoviste Bohunice
Vnitr Lek 52:215-9. 2006..07) and improvement of liver function assessed with the Child-Pugh classification on days 42 and 84 (p = 0.06). Probiotic preparations can therefore represent a significant contribution to this group therapy...
- Efficacy and safety of chronic hepatitis C treatment in hemophilic patientsP Husa
Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital Brno, Czech Republic
Hepatogastroenterology 52:1541-4. 2005..Chronic hepatitis C infection is very common among hemophiliacs in the developed World...
- Occurrence of metabolic osteopathy in patients with chronic pancreatitisH Dujsikova
Department of Internal Medicine and Hepatogastroenterology, University Hospital and Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Pancreatology 8:583-6. 2008..The aim of our research was to monitor the occurrence of metabolic osteopathies (osteopenia, osteoporosis and osteomalacia) in patients with chronic pancreatitis...
- Dynamic esophageal scintigraphy in patients with achalasiaJ Prasek
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University Brno, Czech Republic
Nucl Med Rev Cent East Eur 3:57-60. 2000..Dynamic esophageal scintigraphy has been proven as an efficient technique of diagnosis of esophageal dysmotility...
- Unusual Bochdalek hernia in puerperiumM Senkyrik
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital Brno, Jihlavska 20, 639 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Hepatogastroenterology 50:1449-51. 2003..They describe an effective surgical transabdominal laparoscopic treatment...
- Frequency of representative single nucleotide polymorphisms associated with inflammatory bowel disease in the Czech Republic and Slovak RepublicJ Hosek
Department of Nature Pharmaceuticals, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno, Brno, Czech Republic
Folia Biol (Praha) 54:88-96. 2008..We confirmed that both CD and UC are polygenic diseases with a genedosage effect. This observation strengthens the opinion that genetic factors play a more important role in CD than in UC...
- Celecoxib for the prevention of colorectal adenomatous polypsNadir Arber
Integrated Cancer Prevention Center, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
N Engl J Med 355:885-95. 2006..Overexpression of cyclooxygenase 2 (COX-2) has been associated with colorectal adenomatous polyps and cancer, prompting researchers to propose its inhibition as a chemopreventive intervention...