Affiliation: Charles University
Country: Czech Republic
- The development of academic family medicine in central and eastern Europe since 1990Anna Krztoń-Królewiecka
Department of Family Medicine, Chair of Internal Medicine and Gerontology, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow, Poland
BMC Fam Pract 14:37. 2013..This study assesses the level of academic development of the discipline characterised by education and research in central and eastern European (CEE) countries...
- Family medicine in post-communist Europe needs a boost. Exploring the position of family medicine in healthcare systems of Central and Eastern Europe and RussiaMarek Oleszczyk
Department of Family Medicine, Chair of Internal Medicine and Gerontology, Jagiellonian University Medical College in Krakow, Krakow, Poland
BMC Fam Pract 13:15. 2012..The aim of this paper is to systematically assess the position of family medicine in these countries, using the same methodology within all the countries...
- The management of common gastrointestinal disorders in general practice A survey by the European Society for Primary Care Gastroenterology (ESPCG) in six European countriesB Seifert
Department of General Practice, Charles University, Prague, First Faculty of Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
Dig Liver Dis 40:659-66. 2008..Gastrointestinal (GI) disorders account for 10% of all consultations in primary care. Little is known about the management of GI disorders by general practitioners (GP) across different European countries...
- Perspectives of family medicine in Central and Eastern EuropeBohumil Seifert
Department of General Practice, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague, Albertov 7, 120 00 Praha 2, Czech Republic
Fam Pract 25:113-8. 2008..For the purpose of this paper, additional information about the situation was gathered from literature reviews, country visits and personal interviews...
- The role of primary care in colorectal cancer screening: experience from Czech RepublicB Seifert
The Institute of General Practice, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 55:74-80. 2008..Implications of the population based screening for primary care should be considered and further studied...
- [Evaluation of gastroenterology procedures by general practitioners in the Czech Republic--contribution to interdisciplinary cooperation]B Seifert
Ustav vseobecného lékarství 1 LF UK, Praha
Cas Lek Cesk 144:424-8; discussion 429-30. 2005....
- [General medicine as an academic discipline]B Seifert
Ustav vseobecného lékarství 1 LF UK, Praha
Cas Lek Cesk 142:691-3; discussion 694. 2003..It would require further developing of its academic basis. Society will be then awarded with higher quality of medical care offered by general practitioners...
- The diagnosis of IBS in primary care: consensus development using nominal group techniqueGreg Rubin
Centre for Primary and Community Care, University of Sunderland, Sunderland, UK
Fam Pract 23:687-92. 2006..The criteria used to identify and diagnose irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in primary care are unclear, even though most patients are managed entirely in this setting...
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy or not, and in whom?A Pali S Hungin
School for Health, University of Durham, Wolfson Research Institute, Queen s Campus, Stockton on Tees, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:527-8. 2007..Management guidelines, based essentially on maximizing the yield from endoscopy, may define the direction of travel but do not sit comfortably in the consultation setting...
- Epidemiology of Helicobacter pylori infection in the Czech RepublicJan Bures
2nd Department of Medicine, Charles University in Praha, Faculty of Medicine at Hradec Kralove, University Teaching Hospital, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Helicobacter 11:56-65. 2006..pylori infection prevalence in a representative sample of the Czech population. The second objective was to describe difference of H. pylori prevalence between different social groups of children and adults...
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease redefined: Implications for primary careRoger Jones
King s College London, UK
Eur J Gen Pract 13:214-5. 2007
- [Contribution to a discussion on general medicine and medical schools]Bohumil Seifert
Cas Lek Cesk 144:65. 2005