Affiliation: Charles University
Country: Czech Republic
- Pediatric asthma: how significant it is for the whole life?Petr Pohunek
Prague, Czech Republic
Paediatr Respir Rev 7:S68-9. 2006..To prevent long term remodeling of the airways and improve prognosis, early diagnosis and treatment are necessary. More precise markers that would help to detect asthma and predict its prognosis are urgently needed...
- Dose-related efficacy and safety of formoterol (Oxis) Turbuhaler compared with salmeterol Diskhaler in children with asthmaPetr Pohunek
Paediatric Pulmonology, 2nd Paediatric Department, University Hospital Motol, V Uvalu 84, CZ 15006 Prague 5, Czech Republic
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 15:32-9. 2004..Formoterol > or =9 microg provided superior bronchodilator efficacy over 12 h compared with salmeterol Diskhaler 50 microg with no increase in systemic effects...
- Inflammation and airway remodelingPetr Pohunek
Division of Respiratory Diseases, 2nd Pediatric Department, University Hospital Motol, V Uvalu 84, 15006 Prague 5, Czech Republic
Pediatr Pulmonol Suppl 26:98-9. 2004
- Development, structure and function of the upper airwaysPetr Pohunek
2nd Paediatric Department, Division of Paediatric Pulmonology, University Hospital Motol, V Uvalu 84, 150 06 Praha 5, Czech Republic
Paediatr Respir Rev 5:2-8. 2004..For a profound understanding of the function of the upper airways, it is important to understand the main developmental events during both prenatal and postnatal periods...
- Budesonide and formoterol in a single inhaler controls asthma in adolescentsPetr Pohunek
Charles University Prague, 2nd School of Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
Int J Adolesc Med Health 16:91-105. 2004..It is anticipated that this will lead to improved adherence to therapy in this difficult-to-treat population...
- Budesonide/formoterol improves lung function compared with budesonide alone in children with asthmaPetr Pohunek
University Hospital Motol, Prague, Czech Republic
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 17:458-65. 2006..Adverse-event profiles were similar in all groups; there were no serious asthma-related adverse events in any treatment group...
- Can we treat airway remodeling?Petr Pohunek
Prague, Czech Republic
Paediatr Respir Rev 7:S108-9. 2006..New treatments should be directed not only against inflammation itself but also against these chronic changes...
- Direct PCR detection of Burkholderia cepacia complex and identification of its genomovars by using sputum as source of DNAPavel Drevinek
2nd Department of Pediatrics, 2nd Medical School of Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
J Clin Microbiol 40:3485-8. 2002..The product of the first PCR round is also used to identify the genomovar of the pathogen. The protocol achieves high sensitivity and specificity with simple interpretation of genomovar status...
- Widespread clone of Burkholderia cenocepacia in cystic fibrosis patients in the Czech RepublicPavel Drevinek
Paediatric Department, Charles University 2nd Medical School, Prague, Czech Republic
J Med Microbiol 54:655-9. 2005..cepacia epidemic strain marker, PCR negativity for the cable pilin subunit gene and close genetic relatedness to the epidemic strain of RAPD 01 type previously identified in Canada...
- High genotypic diversity of Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains isolated from patients with cystic fibrosis in the Czech RepublicSarka Vosahlikova
Department of Paediatrics, 2nd Medical School, Charles University in Prague, Uvalu 84, 15006 Prague 5, Czech Republic
Res Microbiol 158:324-9. 2007..The absence of highly epidemic P. aeruginosa strains may result from infection control measures taken upon recognition of the epidemic B. cenocepacia...
- Differential cytokine profile in children with cystic fibrosisJitka Brazova
Institute of Immunology, University Hospital Motol, Prague, Czech Republic
Clin Immunol 115:210-5. 2005..ANCA autoantibodies were found only in the "high responder" group. Th2 immune response predominance in a subset of CF patients is associated with chronic P. aeruginosa infection...
- Slide plasty of trachea and right main bronchus in a newbornJan Brazdil
Pediatric Cardiocentrum, Motol University Hospital, Motol University Hospital and 2nd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Ann Thorac Surg 85:1096-7. 2008..In our report, we describe a rare case of a 1-month-old newborn with concomitant stenosis of trachea and main bronchus and its successful treatment using slide plasty...
- Tolerability of indacaterol, a novel once-daily beta2-agonist, in patients with asthma: a randomized, placebo-controlled, 28-day safety studyWilliam H Yang
Allergy and Asthma Research Centre, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 99:555-61. 2007..Indacaterol is a novel, inhaled, once-daily beta2-agonist...
- The Inhaled Steroid Treatment As Regular Therapy in Early Asthma (START) study 5-year follow-up: effectiveness of early intervention with budesonide in mild persistent asthmaWilliam W Busse
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, J5 219 CSC, Box 2454, 600 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:1167-74. 2008....
- [Notes to the article Nekl R., Mockóva, A., Bierhanzlová, J., Kutilová J. "Meconium Ileus as a first symptom of cystic fibrosis in a newborn"]Petr Pohunek
Cas Lek Cesk 146:114. 2007
- Haplotype analysis of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene in asthmaLydie Izakovicova Holla
Department of Pathophysiology, Medical Faculty, Masaryk University Brno, Brno, Czech Republic
Hum Immunol 69:306-13. 2008..001, p(corr) < 0.05, odds ratio = 0.58, 95% confidence interval = 0.46-0.73). These findings suggest that endothelial NOS variants may be one of the factors participating in protection or susceptibility to asthma in our population...