Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Charles University
Country: Czech Republic
- High genotypic diversity of Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains isolated from patients with cystic fibrosis in the Czech RepublicSarka Vosahlikova
Department of Paediatrics, 2nd Medical School, Charles University in Prague, Uvalu 84, 15006 Prague 5, Czech Republic
Res Microbiol 158:324-9. 2007..The absence of highly epidemic P. aeruginosa strains may result from infection control measures taken upon recognition of the epidemic B. cenocepacia...
- Reference percentiles for FEV(1) and BMI in European children and adults with cystic fibrosisPierre Yves Boelle
AP HP, Hôpital Trousseau Pediatric Pulmonary Department, Hopital St Antoine Public Health Department, Paris, France
Orphanet J Rare Dis 7:64. 2012..Here, we used a large database of European CF patients to compute CF specific reference equations for FEV(1) and BMI, derived CF-specific percentile charts and compared these European data to their nearest international equivalents...
- Use of colony-based bacterial strain typing for tracking the fate of Lactobacillus strains during human consumptionEshwar Mahenthiralingam
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales CF103TL, UK
BMC Microbiol 9:251. 2009..We examined the cultivable diversity of LAB in the human gut before and after feeding with two Lactobacillus strains, and also tracked the fate of these two administered strains using a RAPD technique...
- Burkholderia cenocepacia in cystic fibrosis: epidemiology and molecular mechanisms of virulenceP Drevinek
Paediatric Department, 2nd Medical School, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Clin Microbiol Infect 16:821-30. 2010....
- Direct culture-independent Strain typing of Burkholderia cepacia complex in sputum samples from patients with cystic fibrosisPavel Drevinek
Department of Pediatrics, 2nd Medical School, Charles University, V Uvalu 84, 150 06 Prague, Czech Republic
J Clin Microbiol 48:1888-91. 2010..The redesigned nested-PCR MLST format was successfully used to accurately identify strains in 23 sputum samples, of which 8 were culture negative...
- Oxidative stress of Burkholderia cenocepacia induces insertion sequence-mediated genomic rearrangements that interfere with macrorestriction-based genotypingPavel Drevinek
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 48:34-40. 2010..cenocepacia. These IS movements may alter the PFGE fingerprints of isolates that are clonal by other typing methods...
- Gene expression changes linked to antimicrobial resistance, oxidative stress, iron depletion and retained motility are observed when Burkholderia cenocepacia grows in cystic fibrosis sputumPavel Drevinek
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
BMC Infect Dis 8:121. 2008..Their large genome (> 7000 genes) and multiple pathways encoding the same putative functions make virulence factor identification difficult in these bacteria...
- Direct PCR detection of Burkholderia cepacia complex and identification of its genomovars by using sputum as source of DNAPavel Drevinek
2nd Department of Pediatrics, 2nd Medical School of Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
J Clin Microbiol 40:3485-8. 2002..The product of the first PCR round is also used to identify the genomovar of the pathogen. The protocol achieves high sensitivity and specificity with simple interpretation of genomovar status...
- HLA class II genetic association of type 1 diabetes mellitus in Czech childrenO Cinek
2nd Department of Pediatrics, 2nd Medical School of Charles University, Prague Motol, Czech Republic
Pediatr Diabetes 2:98-102. 2001..Since none of the remaining DRB1*04 subtypes was associated with type 1 DM, our study may present another piece of evidence that the DRB1*0401 and DRB1*0404 alleles do not modify type 1 diabetes risk generally in European populations...
- HLA-DQ polymorphisms modify the risk of thyroid autoimmunity in children with type 1 diabetes mellitusZ Sumnik
2nd Department of Pediatrics, 2nd Medical School, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 16:851-8. 2003..PATIENTS AND METLHODS: Screening for TAI was performed in 285 children with DM1 by measuring autoantibodies against thyroid peroxidase (anti-TPO) and thyroglobulin (anti-Tg). HLA-DQA1 and -DQB1 were genotyped using PCR-SSP...
- Widespread clone of Burkholderia cenocepacia in cystic fibrosis patients in the Czech RepublicPavel Drevinek
Paediatric Department, Charles University 2nd Medical School, Prague, Czech Republic
J Med Microbiol 54:655-9. 2005..cepacia epidemic strain marker, PCR negativity for the cable pilin subunit gene and close genetic relatedness to the epidemic strain of RAPD 01 type previously identified in Canada...
- Higher maternal age at delivery, and lower birth orders are associated with increased risk of childhood type 1 diabetes mellitusZ Sumnik
Department of Paediatrics, 2nd Medical School, Charles University, V Uvalu 84, Prague 5, The Czech Republic
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 112:294-7. 2004..We detected no independent effect of maternal education, either. Our study provides further evidence that the risk of Type 1 diabetes in the offspring increases with higher maternal age at delivery and lower birth order...
- Multilocus sequence typing breathes life into a microbial metagenomeEshwar Mahenthiralingam
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 1:e17. 2006....
- Longitudinal observation of enterovirus and adenovirus in stool samples from Norwegian infants with the highest genetic risk of type 1 diabetesO Cinek
Motol University Hospital, Charles University Prague, V Uvalu 85, CZ 150 06 Praha 5, The Czech Republic
J Clin Virol 35:33-40. 2006..Data on occurrence and course of the infections in infancy are therefore important for designing effective approaches towards study of the association...
- [Type I diabetes mellitus and associated autoimmune diseases in the first-degree relatives of diabetic children: questionnaire based study]H Malcova
Pediatrická klinika 2 LF UK a FNM, Praha
Cas Lek Cesk 143:625-9. 2004..The shared genetic background may play a role in the disease pathogenesis. The aim of our study was to assess the prevalence of T1DM and other autoimmune disorders in the first-degree relatives of diabetic children...
- [Association of insulin gene variants with type 1 diabetes mellitus in Czech population]O Cinek
Pediatrická klinika 2 LF UK a FNM, Praha
Cas Lek Cesk 143:318-22. 2004..The objective of the study was to quantify the association of insulin gene variants with type 1 diabetes mellitus (TIDM) in the Czech population...
- Diversity of the parB and repA genes of the Burkholderia cepacia complex and their utility for rapid identification of Burkholderia cenocepaciaPavel Drevinek
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, CF10 3TL, UK
BMC Microbiol 8:44. 2008....
- DNA profiling of Stenotrophomonas maltophilia by PCR targeted to its species-specific repetitive palindromic sequencesJ Nunvar
Department of Genetics and Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Lett Appl Microbiol 54:59-66. 2012....
- The CTLA4 +49 A/G dimorphism is not associated with type 1 diabetes in Czech childrenO Cinek
2nd Department of Paediatrics, 2nd Medical School, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Eur J Immunogenet 29:219-22. 2002..This may be another piece of evidence against the +49 A/G transition as the aetiological polymorphism within the CTLA4 gene...
- Absence of breast-feeding is associated with the risk of type 1 diabetes: a case-control study in a population with rapidly increasing incidenceHana Malcova
Department of Paediatrics, Motol University Hospital, Charles University, V Uvalu 84, 150 06 rague 5, Czech Republic
Eur J Pediatr 165:114-9. 2006..Short breast-feeding period and short attendance to day care is associated with the risk of T1DM in Czech children...
- Elucidating global epidemiology of Burkholderia multivorans in cases of cystic fibrosis by multilocus sequence typingAdam Baldwin
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 46:290-5. 2008..multivorans...
- Environmental Burkholderia cepacia complex isolates in human infectionsAdam Baldwin
Warwick University, Coventry, Wales, United Kingdom
Emerg Infect Dis 13:458-61. 2007..This finding links the natural environment with the emergence of many Bcc infections...
- Genomovar distribution of the Burkholderia cepacia complex differs significantly between Czech and Slovak patients with cystic fibrosisPavel Drevinek
J Med Microbiol 52:603-4. 2003
- Identification of putative noncoding RNA genes in the Burkholderia cenocepacia J2315 genomeTom Coenye
Laboratorium voor Microbiologie, Universiteit Gent, Gent, Belgium
FEMS Microbiol Lett 276:83-92. 2007..The presence of a large number of ncRNA genes in this organism may help to explain its complexity, phenotypic variability and ability to survive in a remarkably wide range of environments...