Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Charles University
Country: Czech Republic
- Interleukin IL-18 gene promoter polymorphisms in adult patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus and latent autoimmune diabetes in adultsPeter Novota
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, The 3rd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Ruska 87, 10021 Prague 10, Czech Republic
Immunol Lett 96:247-51. 2005....
- NFkappaB and its inhibitor IkappaB in relation to type 2 diabetes and its microvascular and atherosclerotic complicationsMarianna Romzova
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, 3rd Medical Faculty of Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Hum Immunol 67:706-13. 2006..Negative findings relative to other inflammatory autoimmune diseases, such as SLE, suggest a specific relationship between NFkappaB and type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Autoimmune diabetes mellitus with adult onset and type 1 diabetes mellitus in children have different genetic predispositionsMarie Cerna
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Centrum for Diabetes, Metabolism and Nutrition Research of Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague, Ruska 87, 100 00, Praha 10, Czech Republic
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1110:140-50. 2007..01). We conclude that all subgroups of autoimmune diabetes have partly different immunogenetic predisposition...
- The HLA-Cw*06 allele and -1149 G/T polymorphism of extrapituitary promoter of PRL gene as a possible common genetic predisposing factors to psoriasis vulgaris and psoriatic arthritis in Czech populationAnna Cibulova
Department of General Biology and Genetics, Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague, Ruska 87, 10000 Prague 10, Czech Republic
Rheumatol Int 33:913-9. 2013..0013). The association between HLA-Cw*06 and PsA was low (P corrected = 0.0585) and restricted to PsA patients with early PsV onset (P corrected = 0.0195). We found no association of -1149 G/T PRL gene polymorphism with either PsV or PsA...
- Genetics of autoimmune diabetes mellitusMarie Cerna
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Ruska 87, Prague, Czech Republic
Wien Med Wochenschr 158:2-12. 2008..Compared to fast progressing adult-onset T1DM, slowly progressing adult-onset type 1 diabetes (LADA) might involve genes leading to a slow progressive beta-cells destruction...
- Polymorphisms in the vitamin D receptor gene and parathyroid hormone gene in the development and progression of diabetes mellitus and its chronic complications, diabetic nephropathy and non-diabetic renal diseaseMarcela Vedralová
Dept of General Biology and Genetics, 3rd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Kidney Blood Press Res 36:1-9. 2012....
- Pepsin digest of wheat gliadin fraction increases production of IL-1β via TLR4/MyD88/TRIF/MAPK/NF-κB signaling pathway and an NLRP3 inflammasome activationLenka Palova-Jelinkova
Institute of Microbiology, Department of Immunology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
PLoS ONE 8:e62426. 2013..Thus, innate immune pathways, such as TLR2/4/MyD88/TRIF/MAPK/NF-κB and an NLRP3 inflammasome activation are involved in wheat proteins signaling and may play an important role in the pathogenesis of CD...
- The intron 4 polymorphism in the calcium-sensing receptor gene in diabetes mellitus and its chronic complications, diabetic nephropathy and non-diabetic renal diseaseViera Zelezníková
Dept of General Biology and Genetics, Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic
Kidney Blood Press Res 39:399-407. 2014..The role of CaSR as one of the players in pathogenesis of chronic kidney disease (CKD) has been speculated...
- Differences in promoter DNA methylation and mRNA expression of individual alleles of the HLA class II DQA1 geneMarta Zajacova
Department of General Biology and Genetics, Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague, Ruska 87, 100 00 Prague, Czech Republic Electronic address
Immunol Lett 167:147-54. 2015..We aimed to analyze the DNA methylation of promoter sequences and the levels of expression of individual DQA1 gene alleles, interallelic variation of these two characteristics and the relationship between them...
- Gliadin peptides activate blood monocytes from patients with celiac diseaseJana Cinova
Institute of Microbiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
J Clin Immunol 27:201-9. 2007..Thus, gliadin activation of HLA-DQ2(+) monocytes leading to chemokine and proinflammatory cytokine production may contribute to the host innate immune response in celiac disease...