Milagros A Guerra Hernandez
Affiliation: Ciudad de La Habana
- Frailty, dependency and mortality predictors in a cohort of Cuban older adults, 2003-2011Juan de Jesús Llibre
Finlay Albarrán Faculty of Medical Sciences, Medical University of Havana, Cuba
MEDICC Rev 16:24-30. 2014..The study of frailty--a clinical syndrome associated with an increased risk of falls, disability, hospitalization, institutionalization and death--is important to improve clinical practice and population health indicators...
- Aging and dementia: Implications for Cuba's research community, public health and societyJuan de Jesus Llibre Rodriguez
Medical University of Havana, Cuba
MEDICC Rev 15:54-9. 2013....
- Dementia and other chronic diseases in older adults in Havana and Matanzas: the 10/66 study in CubaJuan de Jesús Llibre
Alzheimer Studies Center, Finlay Albarrán Medical Faculty of the Medical University of Havana, Cuba
MEDICC Rev 13:30-7. 2011..Few epidemiological studies exist of the prevalence and impact of dementia and selected chronic diseases in older adults in Latin America...
- Prevalence of Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease in a Havana Municipality: A Community-Based Study among Elderly ResidentsJuan de Jesús Llibre
Finlay Albarrán Medical School, Havana, Cuba
MEDICC Rev 11:29-35. 2009....
- Prevalence of stroke and associated risk factors in older adults in Havana City and Matanzas Provinces, Cuba (10/66 population-based study)Juan de Jesús Llibre
Department of Clinical Medicine, Finlay Albarrán Medical School, Medical University of Havana, Havana, Cuba
MEDICC Rev 12:20-6. 2010..The few epidemiological studies of stroke in Latin America generally report lower prevalence and different patterns than developed countries...
- The protocols for the 10/66 dementia research group population-based research programmeMartin Prince
King s College London, Health Service and Population Research Department, Section of Epidemiology, De Crespigny Park, London, UK
BMC Public Health 7:165. 2007..This paper describes the protocols for the 10/66 population-based and intervention studies that aim to redress this imbalance...
- The 10/66 Dementia Research Group's fully operationalised DSM-IV dementia computerized diagnostic algorithm, compared with the 10/66 dementia algorithm and a clinician diagnosis: a population validation studyMartin J Prince
Section of Epidemiology, Health Services Research, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF, UK
BMC Public Health 8:219. 2008..The 10/66 Dementia Research Group sought to do this using assessments from their one phase dementia diagnostic research interview, and to validate the resulting algorithm in a population-based study in Cuba...
- Equity in the delivery of community healthcare to older people: findings from 10/66 Dementia Research Group cross-sectional surveys in Latin America, China, India and NigeriaEmiliano Albanese
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Health Services and Population Research Department, London, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 11:153. 2011..To describe patterns of recent health service utilisation, and consequent out-of-pocket expenses among older people in countries with low and middle incomes, and to assess the equity with which services are accessed and delivered...
- The contribution of chronic diseases to the prevalence of dependence among older people in Latin America, China and India: a 10/66 Dementia Research Group population-based surveyRenata M Sousa
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Health Services and Population Research Department, Centre for Public Mental Health, De Crespigny Park, PO Box 60, SE5 8AF London, UK
BMC Geriatr 10:53. 2010..However dependence is much less studied although intrinsically linked to disability. We investigated the prevalence and correlates of dependence among older people from middle income countries...
- Interactions between genetic admixture, ethnic identity, APOE genotype and dementia prevalence in an admixed Cuban sample; a cross-sectional population survey and nested case-control studyBeatriz Marcheco Teruel
National Centre for Medical Genetics, Havana, Cuba
BMC Med Genet 12:43. 2011..In an admixed population of older Cubans we explored the effects of ethnic identity and genetic admixture on APOE genotype, its association with dementia, and dementia prevalence...