Affiliation: Center of Molecular Immunology
- Therapeutic approaches to target cancer stem cellsArlhee Diaz
Department of Systems Biology, Center of Molecular Immunology, 216 Street, PO Box 16040, Atabey, Havana 11600, Cuba
Cancers (Basel) 3:3331-52. 2011..We discuss the relevance of identifying better molecular markers to develop drug screening strategies that selectively target CSC. ..
- Functional expression of human-epidermal-growth-factor receptor in a melanoma cell lineArlhee Diaz
Department of Experimental Immunotherapy, Center of Molecular Immunology, Havana, Cuba
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 48:21-7. 2007..Thus we have developed a system to express a functional EGFR in order to evaluate the potential contribution of EGFR expression in melanoma biology and its resulting relevance as a target for immunointerventions in nonepithelial tumours...
- Biological activity in vitro of anti-epidermal growth factor receptor monoclonal antibodies with different affinitiesArlhee Diaz Miqueli
Center of Molecular Immunology, Havana, Cuba
Hybridoma (Larchmt) 26:423-31. 2007..Our findings also confirm previous evidences that blocking EGFR in A431 cells by means of antibodies significantly changes tumor cell biology by promoting apoptosis while decreasing tumor cell proliferation...
- Radiosensitisation of U87MG brain tumours by anti-epidermal growth factor receptor monoclonal antibodiesA Diaz Miqueli
Department of Experimental Immunotherapy, Centre of Molecular Immunology, PO Box 16040, 214 Street, Havana 11600, Cuba
Br J Cancer 100:950-8. 2009..In addition, we first showed the ability of mAb specifics against EGFR to target radioresistant glioma CSC, supporting the potential use in patients...
- Interferon-alpha conditioned sensitivity to an anti-epidermal growth factor receptor monoclonal antibody in a human lung cancer cell line with intermediate expression of the receptorArlhee Diaz
Department of Experimental Immunotherapy, Centre of Molecular Immunology, Havana, Cuba
J Interferon Cytokine Res 29:433-40. 2009..In conclusion, this study may provide insights about the rational use of EGFR inhibitors into the immunopharmacological management of targeted therapies including the IFN-alpha for lung cancer...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor modulates the tumorigenic potential of melanomaArlhee Diaz
Department of Experimental Immunotherapy, Center of Molecular Immunology, P O Box 16040, Havana 11600, Cuba
Front Biosci (Landmark Ed) 14:159-66. 2009..Moreover, the potential EGFR expression during the melanoma outgrowth that would be downregulated by interacting with the host immune system during the tumor evolution is not excluded and which may be dissected in this model...