Affiliation: Center of Molecular Immunology
- A mouse IgG1 monoclonal antibody specific for N-glycolyl GM3 ganglioside recognized breast and melanoma tumorsA Carr
Center of Molecular Immunology, Havana, Cuba
Hybridoma 19:241-7. 2000..Immunohistochemical studies in fresh tumor tissues showed that 14F7 MAb strongly recognized in antigen expressed in human breast and melanoma tumors...
- In vivo and in vitro anti-tumor effect of 14F7 monoclonal antibodyAdriana Carr
Center of Molecular Immunology, P O Box 16040, Havana 11600, Cuba
Hybrid Hybridomics 21:463-8. 2002..In vivo, the passive treatment with 14F7 MAb produced a strong anti-tumor activity, similar to the anti-tumoral response obtained with standard chemotherapy treatment...
- Immunotherapy of advanced breast cancer with a heterophilic ganglioside (NeuGcGM3) cancer vaccineAdriana Carr
Center of Molecular Immunology and National Institute of Oncology and Radiobiology, Havana, Cuba
J Clin Oncol 21:1015-21. 2003..A phase I clinical trial was performed to determine safety and immunogenicity of this vaccine...
- Clinical evidences of GM3 (NeuGc) ganglioside expression in human breast cancer using the 14F7 monoclonal antibody labelled with (99m)TcJuan P Oliva
Department of Nuclear Medicine, National Institute of Oncology and Radiobiology, Plaza, Havana, Cuba
Breast Cancer Res Treat 96:115-21. 2006..3 mg or 3 mg of the antibody, was uptaken by 60 and 33.3% of breast tumours, respectively. "In vivo" immune recognition of GM3(NeuGc) in breast tumours reinforces the value of this peculiar target for cancer immunotherapy...
- Heterophilic NeuGcGM3 ganglioside cancer vaccine in advanced melanoma patients: results of a Phase Ib/IIa studyMarta Osorio
Clinical Trials Unit, National Institute of Oncology and Radiobiology, Havana City, Cuba
Cancer Biol Ther 7:488-95. 2008..The prognostic value of autoimmunity and the possibilities of dissociating anti-tumor immunity from autoimmunity deserve further research...
- Anti-ganglioside antibody-induced tumor cell death by loss of membrane integrityLourdes Roque-Navarro
Antibody Engineering Department, Centre of Molecular Immunology, 216 Street and 15th Avenue, Atabey, Playa, Havana, 11600 Cuba
Mol Cancer Ther 7:2033-41. 2008..This novel mechanism of cell death lets us to support further therapeutic approaches using NGcGM3 as a molecular target for antibody-based cancer immunotherapy...