Affiliation: University of Rijeka
- Drug usage by outpatients in Croatia during an 8-year period: Influence of changes in pricing policyDinko Vitezic
University of Rijeka Medical School, Rijeka, Croatia
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 50:483-9. 2012..The aim of our study was to investigate the changes in drug usage and financial expenditure according to legal changes in Croatia during the period 2001 - 2008, especially considering pricing policy...
- Centralized national ethical review of clinical trials in CroatiaDinko Vitezic
University of Rijeka School of Medicine, Brace Branchetta 20, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
Croat Med J 50:111-6. 2009..To present the Croatian system of ethical review of clinical trials and assessment outcomes of the applications reviewed by the Croatian Central Ethics Committee...
- NA+, K+-ATPase activity in the brain of the rats with kainic acid-induced seizures: influence of lamotrigineDinko Vitezic
University of Rijeka School of Medicine, Rijeka, Croatia
Psychiatr Danub 20:269-76. 2008..Further, this study was also designed to investigate the influence of the LTG pre-treatment on the mentioned hippocampal and cortex changes...
- Characteristics of blood-pressure control in treated hypertensive patients in CroatiaDinko Vitezic
University of Rijeka Medical School and University Hospital Centre Rijeka, Brace Branchetta 20, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
Blood Press Suppl 2:33-41. 2005..The relationship between demographic and cardiovascular risk factors with poor BP control should be taken into account when treating patients...
- Temporal and regional changes of superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase activities in rats exposed to focal cerebral ischemiaJasenka Mršić-Pelčić
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Rijeka, Rijeka, Croatia
Cell Biochem Funct 30:597-603. 2012..Statistically significant activation of GSH-Px was registered neither in the right nor in the left hippocampus of ischemic animals...
- The influence of MK-801 on the hippocampal free arachidonic acid level and Na+,K+-ATPase activity in global cerebral ischemia-exposed ratsJasenka Mršić-Pelčić
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Rijeka, Brace Branchetta 20 1, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 26:1319-26. 2002....
- Dilemma of antiepileptic drugs withdrawal in symptomatic epilepsyDubravka Sepić Grahovac
University of Rijeka, School of Medicine, Rijeka, Croatia
Coll Antropol 35:1291-4. 2011..He has been seizure free for 6 years. The represented case study deals with the risk-benefit analysis of the discontinuation of the prescribed antiepileptic treatment that has lasted for 23 years...
- Activation of ERK and JNK MAP kinases in optic nerves of rats exposed to global cerebral ischemiaJasenka Mršić-Pelčić
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Rijeka, Croatia
Psychiatr Danub 20:456-60. 2008..To determine the influence of global cerebral ischemia on the activation of extracellular-regulated kinases (ERK) and c-Jun N-terminal kinases (JNK) in optic nerves of rats exposed to different reperfusion periods...
- Hyperbaric oxygen treatment: the influence on the hippocampal superoxide dismutase and Na+,K+-ATPase activities in global cerebral ischemia-exposed ratsJasenka Mršić-Pelčić
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Rijeka, Brace Branchetta 20 I 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
Neurochem Int 44:585-94. 2004..Enhanced SOD activity and preserved Na(+),K(+)-ATPase activity within particular periods of reperfusion, could be indicators of a possible beneficial role of HBO treatment in severe brain ischemia...
- Psychopharmacotherapy and spiritualityDulijano Ljubicic
Psychiatry Clinic of KBC Rijeka, Cambijerijeva 17 7, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
Psychiatr Danub 19:216-21. 2007....
- Lithium treatments: single and multiple daily dosingDulijano Ljubicic
Department for Psychiatry, University Hospital Centre Rijeka, Cambierieva, Rijeka, Croatia
Can J Psychiatry 53:323-31. 2008..To review the feasibility and effectiveness of single daily dosing of lithium in patients with affective disorder and to discuss advantages and disadvantages of this schedule of administration...
- Medical and bioethical issues in a pregnant woman with epilepsy: case reportDubravka Sepić-Grahovac
School of Medicine, University of Rijeka, Rijeka, Croatia
Coll Antropol 34:311-3. 2010..It is also important to enhance the activities in pregnancy counselling for a woman with epilepsy which will result in a planned pregnancy as a prerequisite for a positive pregnancy outcome...