Affiliation: University of Zagreb
- Self-image, war psychotrauma and refugee status in adolescentsI Begovac
Department of Psychological Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Kispaticeva 12, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 13:381-8. 2004..Practical measures of joined sexually preventive/therapeutic activities are proposed, as well as educational and preventive/therapeutic psychotrauma models...
- Comparison of self-reported and parent-reported emotional and behavioral problems in adolescents from CroatiaIvan Begovac
Department for Psychological Medicine, University Hospital Center Zagreb, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 28:393-401. 2004..Consistent with other studies, Croatian sample confirmed a larger number of serious behavioral and emotional problems reported by adolescents. Adolescents were confirmed as the most reliable informants on their problems...
- Longitudinal studies of IQ stability in children with childhood autism - literature surveyIvan Begovac
Clinic for Psychological Medicine, School of Medicine Zagreb, Clinical Hospital Center Zagreb, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Psychiatr Danub 21:310-9. 2009..In this paper we present a survey of the literature dealing with IQ stability in children with childhood autism (CA) over the last ten years. Nowadays there is no clear evidence on this topic...
- The loss of criteria for mental retardation and regression of symptoms of childhood autism during a five-year follow-up--a case reportIvan Begovac
Department of Psychological Medicine, Zagreb University Hospital Center, Croatia
Acta Clin Croat 48:445-50. 2009..Childhood autism and mental retardation should not be viewed as static conditions. Early and intensive therapy is recommended. Some children that make good progress can attend regular school...
- Self-image and refugee status in adolescents from Bosnia and Herzegovina and CroatiaIvan Begovac
Department for Psychological Medicine, University Hospital Center Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 27:135-45. 2003..Younger male refugees had the most scales with significantly higher raw scores in S-I, four in total. S-I can give us useful insight into different dimensions of personality of refugees...
- The Child Behavior Checklist, Teacher Report Form and Youth Self Report problem scales in a normative sample of Croatian children and adolescents aged 7-18Vlasta Rudan
Clinic for Psychological Medicine, University Hospital Center, Zagreb, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 29:17-26. 2005..01). This study standardized the questionnaires for our specific socio-cultural circle, which satisfy complex psychopathology study criteria. Problem scales results in our sample suggest similarity to previous European researches...
- Delinquency in incarcerated male adolescents is associated with single parenthood, exposure to more violence at home and in the community, and poorer self-imageStanislava Erdelja
Ivan Begovac, Department of Psychological Medicine, School of Medicine, University Zagreb, Clinical Hospital Center, Kispaticeva 12, HR 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Croat Med J 54:460-8. 2013..To assess the relationships between delinquency and demographic and family variables, academic performance, war stressors, home/community, school, and media violence exposure, self-image, and psychopathology...
- Dreams of deceased children and countertransference in the group psychotherapy of bereaved mothers: clinical illustrationBranka Begovac
Department of Psychiatry, Clinical Hospital Center, Zagreb, Croatia
Death Stud 36:723-41. 2012..The therapist and the group as a whole contained various emotions, allowing the group members to return to the normal mourning processes from the parallel encouragement of group development and interpersonal relationships...
- [Delusional disorder of the paranoid type and unruptured intracerebral aneurysm--is there an association?]Branka Begovac
University Department of Psychiatry, Zagreb University Hospital Center, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Croatia
Acta Med Croatica 62:61-4. 2008..As to our knowledge, there is no published paper relating delusional disorder, paranoid type (DD-PT) and UIA, which can have important clinical implication...