- Modulation of γ2-MSH hepatoprotection by antisense peptides and melanocortin subtype 3 and 4 receptor antagonistsPetra Turcić
Ruder Boskovic Institute, Bijenicka cesta 54, 10002 Zagreb, Croatia
Med Chem 11:286-95. 2015..In fact, when combined with γ2-MSH, it annulled its hepatoprotective effect. The results provide evidence for hepatoprotective and antiinflammatory effects of the γ2-MSH in the liver. ..
- A simple three-step method for design and affinity testing of new antisense peptides: an example of erythropoietinNikola Stambuk
Center for Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, Ruđer Bošković Institute, Bijenicka cesta 54, 10002 Zagreb, Croatia
Int J Mol Sci 15:9209-23. 2014..Selected antisense peptides with optimal affinity are potential lead compounds for the development of novel diagnostic substances, biopharmaceuticals and vaccines. ..
- Cytoprotective effects of β-melanocortin in the rat gastrointestinal tractMirna Bradamante
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, University Hospital Center Zagreb, Salata 4, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Molecules 17:11680-92. 2012..250 mg/kg. The results justify further research on β-MSH peptide and its derivates in the inflammatory gastrointestinal diseases, and point out the possibility of using β-MSH in studies of digestive system pharmacology...
- The role of independent test set in modeling of protein folding kineticsNikola Stambuk
NMR Center, Ruđer Bošković Institute, Bijenicka cesta 54, HR 10002, Zagreb, Croatia
Adv Exp Med Biol 696:279-84. 2011..Our results show that when the standardized PFD dataset is used to test a protein fold rate prediction method, the estimation of validity may differ significantly...
- Molecular Recognition Theory of the complementary (antisense) peptide interactionsNikola Stambuk
Rudjer Boskovic Institute, Bijenicka cesta 54, HR 10002, Zagreb, Croatia
Theory Biosci 123:265-75. 2005..Molecular Recognition Theory could be useful method to simplify experimental procedures, reduce the costs of the peptide synthesis, and improve peptide structure modelling...
- The influence of alpha-, beta-, and gamma-melanocyte stimulating hormone on acetaminophen induced liver lesions in male CBA miceVladimir Blagaic
University Hospital Sveti Duh, Sveti Duh 64, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Molecules 15:1232-41. 2010..It was found that alpha-, beta-, and gamma-MSH decrease intensity of lesions by both criteria in a dose-dependent manner...
- Interaction of α-melanocortin and its pentapeptide antisense LVKAT: effects on hepatoprotection in male CBA miceKarlo Houra
St Catherine s Hospital, Zabok, Croatia
Molecules 16:7331-43. 2011..Third, we showed that antisense peptide LVKAT abolished potent hepatoprotective effects of a-MSH in vivo...
- Effects of alpha-melanocortin enantiomers on acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity in CBA micePetra Turcić
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb, Domagojeva 2, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Molecules 14:5017-26. 2009..Furthermore, the antibody to the L-peptide did not recognize the D-structure. The results indicate that the opposite peptide configuration may be used to modulate its function and metabolism in vivo and in vitro...
- Effects of alpha-MSH on corneal epithelial lesions in ratsJosip Pavan
University of Zagreb, Dubrava University Hospital, Department of Ophthalmology, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 36:1407-11. 2012..Significant reduction of ocular irritation was also observed. Topical alpha-MSH medication could promote the healing of corneal wounds and reduce local inflammatory response without the major side effects of the corticosteroid therapy...
- Met-enkephalin effects on histamine-induced bronchoconstriction in guinea pigsDorian Tjesic-Drinkovic
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Center Zagreb, School of Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 29:689-92. 2005..Estimated ED50 dose was 0.235 mg/kg. Further studies are needed to define practical and therapeutical use of the presented observations in respiratory pharmacology...
- Effects of simvastatin on malondialdehyde level and esterase activity in plasma and tissue of normolipidemic ratsMarija Macan
Department of Pathology and Cytology, University Hospital Center Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia Department of Pharmacology, University of Zagreb School of Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia
Pharmacol Rep 67:907-13. 2015..We investigated the possible non-lipid effects of simvastatin (SIMV) on paraoxonase 1 (PON1) and butyrylcholinesterase (BuChE) activity, as well as on malondialdehyde (MDA) levels in normolipidemic rats...
- Effectiveness of latanoprost (Xalatan) monotherapy in newly discovered and previously medicamentously treated primary open angle glaucoma patientsJosip Pavan
Department of Ophthalmology, Clinical Hospital Dubrava, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 29:315-9. 2005..1 mmHg, with 95% confidence interval in range from -5.6 to -4.5), it is concluded that use of latanoprost is advisable when calculating better IOP control, few side-effects and reductions in costs of potential surgical procedures...
- Analysis of calcium, oxalate, and citrate interaction in idiopathic calcium urolithiasis in childrenDanko Milosevic
Children s University Hospital Salata, Medical Faculty University of Zagreb, Salata 4, 10 000, Zagreb, Croatia
J Chem Inf Comput Sci 43:1844-7. 2003..Decreased urinary citrate excretion in the presence of increased oxalate excretion may lead to stone formation...