Affiliation: Public Health Institute
- Antibiotic resistance among enterococcal strains isolated from clinical specimensZ Barisić
Public Health Institute, Split, Croatia
Int J Antimicrob Agents 16:65-8. 2000..faecium hospital isolates. There were no isolates resistant to vancomycin. The community acquired strains isolated from outpatients were more susceptible than isolates from hospitalized patients to all antimicrobial agents tested...
- Urinary tract infections in South Croatia: aetiology and antimicrobial resistanceZvonimir Barisić
Department of Microbiology, Public Health Institute, Vukovarska 46, 21000, Split, Croatia
Int J Antimicrob Agents 22:61-4. 2003..15% to the fluoroquinolones. A high methicillin-resistance rate was found among S. aureus (61.22%) and coagulase negative staphylococci (41.48)...
- Tuberculous orchiepididymitis diagnosed by nucleic acid amplification test: a case reportZvonimir Barisić
Department of Microbiology, Public Health Institute, Split, Croatia
Int Urol Nephrol 35:203-5. 2003..By this report it was clearly shown that sometimes only molecular methods could confirm etiology of inflammatory process...
- Dermatophytoses in Split and Dalmatia, Croatia, 1996-2002Andrea Babić-Erceg
Public Health Institute of Split, Dalmatia County, Split, Croatia
Mycoses 47:297-9. 2004..8%) were positive. Tinea corporis and tinea cruris were the most common types of dermatophytoses. Microsporum canis (36.5%), Trichophyton mentagrophytes (24.8%), and T. rubrum (21.5%) were the main etiologic factors...
- Acinetobacter baumannii in Southern Croatia: clonal lineages, biofilm formation, and resistance patternsVanja Kaliterna
a From the Public Health Institute of Split Dalmatia County, Split, Croatia
Infect Dis (Lond) 47:902-7. 2015..Such data have encouraged multicenter research focused on the organism's ability to form biofilm, susceptibility to antibiotics, and particular genotype lineage...
- An intrauterine device as a possible cause of change in the microbial flora of the female genital systemVanja Kaliterna
Educational Public Health Institute of Split and Dalmatia County, Split, Croatia
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 37:1035-40. 2011..An intrauterine device (IUD), used by millions of women worldwide, is one of the most efficient methods of contraception. The goal of our study was to compare a group of women using the IUD to a control group...