- The effect of opioid agonists of delta-class DSLET, mu-class DAMGO, kappa-class U-69593 and an opioid antagonist, naloxone, on MTT activity of NALM-1 leukemic cellsI Martin-Kleiner
Ruder Boskovic Institute, Division of Molecular Medicine, PO Box 180, 10002 Zagreb, Croatia
Biomed Pharmacother 56:458-62. 2002..Treatment with opioid agonists, DAMGO, DSLET, U-69593, and an opioid antagonist naloxone for 6, 24, and 48 h, did not trigger DNA fragmentation, which was considered as a possible mechanism of action...
- Chronic opioid treatment of the mouse thymoma cell lines R1.G1 and R1EGO leads to down-regulation of the kappa opioid receptor without desensitization of adenylyl cyclase activityI Martin-Kleiner
Division of Molecular Medicine, Ruder Boskovic Institute, Bijenicka c 54, 10001 Zagreb, Croatia
Int Immunopharmacol 1:13-20. 2001..This study demonstrates that unlike some neuronal preparations, chronic opioid treatment of the thymoma cell lines resulted in receptor down-regulation without desensitization...
- The effect of the zeolite clinoptilolite on serum chemistry and hematopoiesis in miceI Martin-Kleiner
Rudjer Boskovic Institute, Division of Molecular Medicine, PO Box 180, HR 10002, Zagreb, Croatia
Food Chem Toxicol 39:717-27. 2001..The clinoptilolite preparations ameliorated the sodium and chloride decline, whereas the effects on hematopoiesis were erratic...
- The kappa-opioid agonist U-69593 affects intracellular calcium level in R1.1 mouse thymoma cell lineIrena Martin-Kleiner
Division of Molecular Medicine, Ruder Boskovic Institute, Zagreb 10002, Croatia
Int Immunopharmacol 2:975-80. 2002..Thus, we have shown that basal intracellular calcium level was decreased in R1.1 by the kappa-opioid agonist U-69593 and increased in R1.1 cells stimulated by Ionophore A23187...
- Methionine enkephalin suppresses metabolic activity of a leukemic cell line (NALM-1) and enhances CD10 expressionIrena Martin-Kleiner
Division of Molecular Medicine, Ruder Boskovic Institute, PO Box 180, 10002 Zagreb, Croatia
Int Immunopharmacol 3:707-11. 2003..5 x 10(-6)-10(-6) M) decreased expression of CD10 at the RNA level. Suppression of the MTT uptake was attributed to the products of Met-enkephalin degradation caused by the enzymatic activity of CD10...
- PMA and doxorubicin decrease viability, MTT activity and expression of CD10 marker on NALM-1 leukemic cellsI Martin-Kleiner
Division of Molecular Medicine, Ruder Boskovic Institute, Zagreb, Croatia
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 28:411-20. 2006..The data in this study are the first evidence that PMA and doxorubicin inhibited viability and MTT activity and induced partial differentiation, by decreasing CD10 on NALM-1 cells...
- Selective cytotoxicity of diazenecarboxamides towards human leukemic cell linesI Martin-Kleiner
Ruder Boskovic Institute, Division of Molecular Medicine, Bijenicka cesta 54, HR 10002 Zagreb, Croatia
Toxicol In Vitro 21:1453-9. 2007..These compounds may represent new potential agents for the treatment of leukemia patients...
- A pilot study of mitochondrial DNA point mutation A3243G in a sample of Croatian patients having type 2 diabetes mellitus associated with maternal inheritanceI Martin-Kleiner
Division of Molecular Medicine, Ruder Boskovic Institute, P O Box 180, HR 10002 Zagreb, Croatia
Acta Diabetol 41:179-84. 2004..The incidence of mitochondrial DNA point mutation A3243G in this study of Croatian diabetic patients is in line with data in the literature...
- Pretreatment of human peripheral blood lymphocytes with interleukin-2 or dexamethasone does not alter their response to Met-Enkephalin in a NK-cytotoxic assayI Martin-Kleiner
, Department of Biology and Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 18:37-57. 1996....
- Naloxone modulates NK-cell activity of human peripheral blood lymphocytes like an opioid agonistI Martin-Kleiner
, Department of Experimental Biology and Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 15:179-97. 1993..Thus, naloxone, the opioid receptor antagonist, modulated the NK-cell activity like opioid peptides, i.e. resembled an opioid agonist, in an individual, donor dependent fashion...