- Type 1 diabetes from adolescence to adulthood: is there a permanent need for nutrition education and reeducation?Maja Baretić
Internal Clinic, Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital Centre Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Minerva Endocrinol . 2017....
- How to fight obesity with antidiabetic drugs: targeting gut or kidney?M Baretić
Division of Endocrinology Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Centre Zagreb, Croatia
Minerva Endocrinol 40:71-83. 2015..The most radical and most effective therapy of type 2 diabetes and obesity is bariatric surgery having significant number of diabetes remission. ..
- Obesity drug therapyM Baretić
Division of Endocrinology Department of Internal Medicine University Hospital Center Zagreb, Croatia
Minerva Endocrinol 38:245-54. 2013..The new combination of topimarate and fentermine is approved in the US but not in Europe. The cost effectiveness of long-term pharmacotherapy of obesity is still an unresolved question. ..
- [100 years of Hashimoto thyroiditis, still an intriguing disease]Maja Baretić
Department od Endocrinology, University Department of Medicine, Zagreb University Hospital Center, Zagreb, Croatia
Acta Med Croatica 65:453-7. 2011..Although Hashimoto thyroiditis is known for many years, it is still sometimes presented with surprisingly diverse clinical entities and frequently astonishes many physicians...
- Targets for medical therapy in obesityMaja Baretić
Department of Endocrinology, University Department of Medicine, Zagreb University Hospital Center, Croatia
Dig Dis 30:168-72. 2012..g. incretin mimetics or analogues used in the treatment of diabetes type 2, topiramate used as an anticonvulsant, and fluoxetine and sertraline used in the treatment of depression...
- Myasthenic crisis as a side effect of methimazole therapy: case reportMaja Baretić
Department of Endocrinology, University Department of Medicine, Zagreb University Hospital Center, Zagreb, Croatia
Acta Clin Croat 49:67-71. 2010..In this way, CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells might 'skip' immune self-tolerance and autoantibodies against acetylcholine receptor may occur. Do antithyroid drugs actually create an immune 'thymic surrounding'?..