Affiliation: Andrija Stampar School of Public Health
- An assessment of HIV/STI vulnerability and related sexual risk-taking in a nationally representative sample of young Croatian adultsAleksandar Stulhofer
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Department of Sociology, University of Zagreb, I Lucica 3, Zagreb, 10000, Croatia
Arch Sex Behav 38:209-25. 2009....
- Patterns of sexual behaviour and reported symptoms of STI/RTIs among young people in Croatia--implications for interventions' planningIvana Bozicevic
Department of Medical Sociology, School of Public Health Andrija Stampar, School of Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 30:63-70. 2006....
- HIV-related sexual risk taking among HIV-negative men who have sex with men in Zagreb, CroatiaAleksandar Stulhofer
Department of Sociology, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb, Ivana Lucica 3, Zagreb, 10000, Croatia
AIDS Behav 12:505-12. 2008..Self-assessed HIV-risk and heterosexual activity were found associated with consistent condom use at anal sex with casual partners. To sustain a low-level HIV epidemic, targeted intervention among young MSM is needed in Croatia...
- Prevalence of HIV and sexually transmitted infections and patterns of recent HIV testing among men who have sex with men in Zagreb, CroatiaIvana Bozicevic
WHO Collaborating Centre for HIV Surveillance, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Rockefellerova 4, 10 000 Zagreb, Croatia
Sex Transm Infect 88:539-44. 2012..To determine the prevalence of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs) among men who have sex with men (MSM) in Zagreb, Croatia, and assess correlates of testing for HIV in the past 12 months...
- HIV/AIDS-related knowledge, attitudes and sexual behaviors as predictors of condom use among young adults in CroatiaAleksander Stulhofer
Department of Sociology, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Int Fam Plan Perspect 33:58-65. 2007....
- HIV risks among female sex workers in Croatia and MontenegroAleksandar Stulhofer
Department of Sociology, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Zagreb University, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 34:881-6. 2010..In spite of a number of methodological limitations, the empirical insights provided by this study may assist in improving the existing HIVV prevention initiatives...
- The emerging HIV epidemic among men who have sex with men in southeastern EuropeIvana Bozicevic
WHO Collaborating Centre for Capacity Development in HIV Surveillance, Andrija Stampar School of Public Health, School of Medicine, Rockefellerova 4, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 8:1351-8. 2010..7% in Bosnia and Herzegovina to 6.1% in Serbia. Data on sexual behaviors and HIV testing uptake indicate an urgent need to increase coverage with prevention services...
- Phylogenetic analysis of HIV sequences obtained in a respondent-driven sampling study of men who have sex with menSnjezana Zidovec Lepej
University Hospital for Infectious Diseases, Zagreb, Croatia
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 25:1335-8. 2009..Five individuals belong to a transmission cluster of MSM infected with phylogenetically related HIV. All were recruited in later waves (fourth to ninth), suggesting that the population is sexually networked...
- HIV surveillance in MENA: recent developments and resultsIvana Bozicevic
World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for HIV Surveillance, University of Zagreb School of Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia
Sex Transm Infect 89:iii11-16. 2013....
- Youth and AIDS--a study of attitudes, knowledge, behavior and risks in the post-war CroatiaDino Pavicić
Institute for Anthropological Research, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 27:161-72. 2003..In this study, we report on a large related survey and education program among 17-year-old high school pupils that was conducted in years immediately following the War (1996-1999)...
- Urine-based testing for Chlamydia trachomatis among young adults in a population-based survey in Croatia: feasibility and prevalenceIvana Bozicevic
WHO Collaborating Centre for Capacity Development in HIV Surveillance School of Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia
BMC Public Health 11:230. 2011..In Croatia, as in the other countries of Eastern Europe, there is a lack of data on prevalence of C. trachomatis in the general population, including young adults...
- HIV and hepatitis C prevalence, and related risk behaviours among people who inject drugs in three cities in Croatia: Findings from respondent-driven sampling surveysSenad Handanagic
WHO Collaborating Centre for HIV Surveillance, Andrija Stampar School of Public Health, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Rockefellerova 4, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia Electronic address
Int J Drug Policy 32:57-63. 2016..This study aims to provide data on HIV and HCV prevalence and sexual and injecting risk behaviours among PWID in Zagreb, Split, and Rijeka...
- Misclassification of men with reported HIV infection in UkraineJurja Ivana Cakalo
WHO Collaborating Centre for HIV Surveillance, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Rockefellerova 4, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
AIDS Behav 19:1938-40. 2015..These findings indicate a need to improve the quality of data on reported mode of HIV transmission. Accurate information has important public health implications in planning prevention and treatment services. ..
- HIV risks and HIV prevention among female sex workers in two largest urban settings in Croatia, 2008-2014Aleksandar Stulhofer
a Department of Sociology, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
AIDS Care 27:767-71. 2015..Substantial and mostly sustained levels of sexual and nonsexual victimization call for more research into the limits of the current behavior-based harm reduction approach to HIV prevention in the country. ..