- Epidemiology of Paget's disease of bone: a systematic review and meta-analysis of secular changes
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital El Bierzo, Ponferrada, Leon, Spain
Bone 55:347-52. 2013
..Several studies have suggested that the prevalence and severity of PDB have fallen in recent years. The magnitude of this trend and its globalization have not been well established...
- Secular changes in Paget's disease: contrasting changes in the number of new referrals and in disease severity in two neighboring regions of Spain
Department of Internal Medicine, RETICEF, Hospital El Bierzo, Medicos sin Fronteras 7 Ponferrada, 24411, Leon, Spain
Osteoporos Int 24:443-50. 2013
..Referral of patients changed only in the high prevalence focus. The severity of PDB decreased in both regions. These results could suggest the effects of an environmental influence on disease activity...
- Paget's disease of bone is not associated with common polymorphisms in interleukin-6, interleukin-8 and tumor necrosis factor alpha genes
Servicio de Medicina Interna, RETICEF, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Los Montalvos s n, Salamanca, Spain
Cytokine 52:146-50. 2010
..Cytokines, specially interleukin (IL)-6, play an important role in the differentiation and activation of osteoclasts and might be involved in osteoblast stimulation in Paget's disease of bone (PDB)...
- Use of noninvasive ventilation on internal wards for elderly patients with limitations to respiratory care: a cohort study
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital de los Montalvos, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Spain
Eur J Clin Invest 41:59-69. 2011
..Our aim was to evaluate its usefulness in general wards for patients with NPPV as the ceiling of ventilator care when admission to the intensive care unit (ICU) has been withheld...
- Overall survival, renal survival and relapse in patients with microscopic polyangiitis: a systematic review of current evidence
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Universitaro de Salamanca, Hospital Los Montalvos s n, E 37192 Salamanca, Spain
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:1414-23. 2011
..There are limited data on the long-term prognosis of microscopic polyangiitis (MPA). A systematic review was performed to estimate the survival, renal survival and relapse rates in patients with MPA...
- -511 C/T IL1B gene polymorphism is associated to resistance to bisphosphonates treatment in Paget disease of bone
Servicio de Reumatologia, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Po San Vicente 58 182, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
Bone 38:589-94. 2006
..We have assessed whether genetic variability in genes coding of proteins from the IL1 pathway clustered in chromosome 2 is associated with clinical characteristics and the therapeutic response of patients with PDB...
- Long-term follow-up of microscopic polyangiitis, 17-year experience at a single center
Servicio de Medicina Interna Virgen de la Vega, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Paseo de San Vicente, 58 182, 37007, Salamanca, Spain
Eur J Intern Med 21:542-7. 2010
..Long-term prognoses of Wegener granulomatosis (WG) and Churg-Strauss syndrome (CSS) are known; however, few data exist on long-term prognoses for microscopic polyangiitis (MPA). Our aim was to analyse the prognoses of MPA...