Gisela D De La Rosa
Affiliation: Universidad de Antioquia
- Clinical course of sepsis, severe sepsis, and septic shock in a cohort of infected patients from ten Colombian hospitalsAlba Luz León
Universidad de Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia
BMC Infect Dis 13:345. 2013..Our goal was to establish the evolution and the determinants of the progression of clinical stages, from infection to septic shock, over the first week, as well as their relationship to 7-day and 28-day mortality...
- The potential impact of admission insulin levels on patient outcome in the intensive care unitGisela De La Rosa
Department of Critical Care, Hospital Pablo Tobon Uribe, Medellin, Colombia
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 74:270-5. 2013..Our objective was to determine this association in a cohort of patients with critical illness who attended in a mixed ICU...
- Strict glycaemic control in patients hospitalised in a mixed medical and surgical intensive care unit: a randomised clinical trialGisela Del Carmen De La Rosa
Department of Critical Care, Hospital Pablo Tobon Uribe, Calle 78B 69 240, Medellin, Colombia
Crit Care 12:R120. 2008..Our goal was to assess whether the effect of intensive insulin therapy, compared with standard therapy, decreases morbidity and mortality in patients hospitalised in a mixed ICU...
- Toward an operative diagnosis in sepsis: a latent class approachGisela D De La Rosa
Department of Internal Medicine and Grupo Académico de Epidemiología Clínica, School of Medicine, Universidad de Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia
BMC Infect Dis 8:18. 2008..This situation has hampered the assessment of the accuracy of clinical signs and biomarkers to diagnose sepsis...
- A latent class approach for sepsis diagnosis supports use of procalcitonin in the emergency room for diagnosis of severe sepsisFabián A Jaimes
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Universidad de Antioquia, Medellin AA 1226, Colombia
BMC Anesthesiol 13:23. 2013....