Maria Soledad Cepeda
Affiliation: Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
- Women experience more pain and require more morphine than men to achieve a similar degree of analgesiaM Soledad Cepeda
Department of Anesthesia, San Ignacio Hospital, Javeriana University School of Medicine, Bogota, Colombia
Anesth Analg 97:1464-8. 2003..We found that women had more intense pain and required 30% more morphine to achieve a similar degree of analgesia compared with men...
- Comparison of morphine, ketorolac, and their combination for postoperative pain: results from a large, randomized, double-blind trialMaria Soledad Cepeda
Department of Anesthesia and Clinical Epidemiology Unit, San Ignacio Hospital, Javeriana University School of Medicine, Cra 7 40 62, Bogota, Colombia
Anesthesiology 103:1225-32. 2005....
- Economic evaluation of oral treatments for neuropathic painM Soledad Cepeda
Department of Anesthesia and Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Javeriana University School of Medicine, Bogota, Colombia
J Pain 7:119-28. 2006..In summary, amitriptyline and carbamazepine are more cost-effective than tramadol and gabapentin and should be considered as first-line treatment for neuropathic pain in patients free of renal or cardiovascular disease...
- Tramadol for osteoarthritisM S Cepeda
Javeriana University School of Medicine, Department of Anesthesia, Cra 4 70 69, Bogota, Colombia
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 3:CD005522. 2006....
- Side effects of opioids during short-term administration: effect of age, gender, and raceM Soledad Cepeda
Department of Anesthesiology, and Clinical Epidemiology Unit Javeriana Univeristy, Bogota, Colombia
Clin Pharmacol Ther 74:102-12. 2003..Our objective was to evaluate the effect of the type of opioid, age, gender, and race on the incidence of side effects from short-term opioid use...