- The effect of early surgery after hip fracture on 1-year mortality
Department of Epidemiology, Regional Health Service, Via Santa Costanza 53, 00198, Rome, Italy
BMC Geriatr 15:141. 2015
..The objective of the present study is to evaluate the difference in 1-year mortality after hip fracture between patients undergoing early surgery (within 2 days) and patients undergoing delayed surgery in Italy...
- Using clinical variables and drug prescription data to control for confounding in outcome comparisons between hospitals
Department of Epidemiology, Regional Health Service, Lazio Region, Via Santa Costanza 53, Rome, 00198, Italy
BMC Health Serv Res 14:495. 2014
- The impact of a pay-for-performance system on timing to hip fracture surgery: experience from the Lazio Region (Italy)
Department of Epidemiology, Regional Health Service, Via Santa Costanza 53, Rome, Lazio Region 00198, Italy
BMC Health Serv Res 13:393. 2013
- Inequality in 30-day mortality and the wait for surgery after hip fracture: the impact of the regional health care evaluation program in Lazio (Italy)
Department of Epidemiology, Regional Health Service, Lazio Region Via Santa Costanza 53, 00198 Rome, Italy
Int J Qual Health Care 25:239-47. 2013
- Air pollution and multiple acute respiratory outcomes
Regional Health Service, Rome, Italy
Eur Respir J 42:304-13. 2013
..Analysing multiple rather than single respiratory events shows stronger air pollution effects. The temporal relationship between the pollutant increases and hospitalisations or mortality for respiratory diseases differs. ..
- Differential misclassification of confounders in comparative evaluation of hospital care quality: caesarean sections in Italy
Mirko Di Martino
Department of Epidemiology, Regional Health Service, Lazio Region, Via di Santa Costanza, 53 00198 Rome, Italy
BMC Public Health 14:1049. 2014
- Effects of socioeconomic position on 30-day mortality and wait for surgery after hip fracture
Anna Patrizia Barone
Department of Epidemiology, Local Health Authority RME, Via di S Costanza, 53, Rome 00198, Italy
Int J Qual Health Care 21:379-86. 2009
..We examined whether socioeconomic position plays a role in short-term mortality and waiting time for surgery after hip fracture...
- Hepatic and extra-hepatic sequelae, and prevalence of viral hepatitis C infection estimated from routine data in at-risk groups
Department of Epidemiology, Regional Health System Lazio Region, Via S, Costanza 53, 00198, Rome, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 10:97. 2010
..This paper aims to estimate the prevalence of HCV infection, and the hepatic and extrahepatic sequelae in at-risk groups, using routinely collected data in the Lazio region, Italy...
- Particulate air pollution and hospital admissions for cardiac diseases in potentially sensitive subgroups
Department of Epidemiology, Regional Health Service, Lazio Region, Via S Costanza 53, Rome, Italy
Epidemiology 23:473-81. 2012
..Although numerous studies have provided evidence of an association between ambient air pollution and acute cardiac morbidity, little is known regarding susceptibility factors...
- Effectiveness of invasive reperfusion therapy and standard medical treatment in AMI
National Centre for Epidemiology, Surveillance and Health Promotion, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Acta Cardiol 65:645-52. 2010
..Coronary revascularization methods are among the most common major medical procedures performed in industrialized countries. The short- and long-term comparative effectiveness of different techniques remains undetermined...
- Risk adjustment models for interhospital comparison of CS rates using Robson's ten group classification system and other socio-demographic and clinical variables
Department of Epidemiology, Regional Health Service, Lazio Region, Italy
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 12:54. 2012
..The aim of this study was to assess whether adjustment for Robson's Ten Group Classification System (TGCS), and clinical and socio-demographic variables of the mother and the fetus is necessary for inter-hospital comparisons of CS rates...