- Heart disease in patients with thyroid dysfunction: hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism and beyond
Fondazione Toscana G Monasterio, Pisa, Italy
Anadolu Kardiyol Derg 13:62-6. 2013
..The present manuscript provides an overview of thyroid physiology and pathophysiology, with a particular focus on cardiovascular disease in patients with milder forms of thyroid dysfunction...
- Surgical correction of left coronary artery origin from the right coronary artery
Invasive Cardiology Unit, Fondazione Toscana G Monasterio, Pisa, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 95:e1-2. 2013
..We attempt to describe the mechanisms of myocardial ischemia that contributed to the clinical manifestations in our patient...
- Prevalence of thyroid dysfunction and effect of contrast medium on thyroid metabolism in cardiac patients undergoing coronary angiography
Istituto di Fisiologia Clinica CNR, Pisa, Italy
Acta Radiol 54:42-7. 2013
..Precautions are generally taken in patients with hyperthyroidism, even if subclinical, whereas the risks in patients with hypothyroidism or low triiodothyronine (T3) syndrome are not considered as appreciable...
- T(-786)→C polymorphism of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene is associated with insulin resistance in patients with ischemic or non ischemic cardiomyopathy
CNR, Institute of Clinical Physiology, Pisa, Italy
BMC Med Genet 13:92. 2012
..Aim of the study was to assess the reciprocal relationships between T(-786)→C eNOS polymorphism and IR in ischemic and non-ischemic cardiomyopathy...
- Rhabdomyolysis in an HIV-infected patient following coronary angiography: case report and literature review
Fondazione Toscana Gabriele Monasterio, Pisa, Italy
Int J STD AIDS 25:452-4. 2014
..Coronary angiography was carried out and complicated in the following days by rhabdomyolysis. We discuss the possible links between rhabdomyolysis, iodinated contrast media and HAART. ..
- Myocardial fibrosis as a key determinant of left ventricular remodeling in idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy: a contrast-enhanced cardiovascular magnetic study
Pier Giorgio Masci
Fondazione CNR Regione Toscana G Monasterio, Pisa, Italy
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 6:790-9. 2013
..In idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy, there are scarce data on the influence of late gadolinium enhancement (LGE) assessed by cardiovascular magnetic resonance on left ventricular (LV) remodeling...
- Influence of cardiac stress protocol on myocardial perfusion imaging accuracy: The role of exercise level on the evaluation of ischemic burden
Fondazione Toscana Gabriele Monasterio, Via Moruzzi 1, 56124, Pisa, Italy
J Nucl Cardiol 23:1114-22. 2016
..Some specifics of cardiac stress protocols, i.e., stressor used or exercise level achieved, may impact myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) accuracy...
- Relationships between left ventricular sympathetic innervation and diastolic dysfunction: the role of myocardial innervation/perfusion mismatch
Fondazione Toscana G Monasterio, Via Moruzzi, 1, 56124, Pisa, Italy
J Nucl Cardiol . 2016
..However, an evaluation of the interactions between myocardial adrenergic tone and LV perfusion and diastolic function is lacking...
- Calcified apical cardiomyopathy: a rare form of endomyocardial fibrosis
aFondazione Toscana Gabriele Monasterio bCNR, Institute of Clinical Physiology, Pisa, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 16:S79-80. 2015
..In the present case, we report a patient with heart failure of uncertain origin, in whom, after an in-depth instrumental evaluation, a rare variant of endomyocardial fibrosis was diagnosed. ..
- Inverse association between circulating levels of soluble receptor for advanced glycation end-products and coronary plaque burden
CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology, Pisa, Italy
J Atheroscler Thromb 19:941-8. 2012
..This study explored the relationship between circulating levels of sRAGE and the characteristics of coronary vessels detected by 64-slice computed tomography angiography (CTA)...
- How should I treat a perimembranous interventricular defect following aortic valve replacement surgery?
Invasive Cardiology Unit, Fondazione Toscana Gabriele Monasterio, Pisa, Italy
EuroIntervention 8:982-8. 2012
..Echocardiography showed a left-to-right shunt localised in the left ventricular outflow tract, normal morphology and function of the aortic valve prosthesis, and a hyperkinetic left ventricle...
- Structural abnormalities of the coronary arterial wall--in addition to luminal narrowing--affect myocardial blood flow reserve
Scuola Superiore Sant Anna, Pisa, Italy
J Nucl Med 52:1704-12. 2011
..We sought to investigate the effects of coronary luminal narrowing, structural abnormalities of the coronary arterial wall, and cardiovascular risk factors on regional and global myocardial blood flow (MBF) reserve...
- Chronotropic response to vasodilator-stress in patients submitted to myocardial perfusion imaging: impact on the accuracy in detecting coronary stenosis
Fondazione Toscana Gabriele Monasterio, Via Moruzzi, 1, 56124, Pisa, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 42:1903-11. 2015
..We sought to evaluate the interaction among individual HRR to vasodilator stress and myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) accuracy in patients with suspected ischemic heart disease (IHD)...
- Myocardial bridging: a review with emphasis on electrocardiographic findings
CNR, Institute of Clinical Physiology, Pisa, Italy
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 20:103-7. 2015
- Intramural myocardial hemorrhagic rupture in a patient with metastatic cancer and myocardial infarction
Scuola Superiore SantO Anna, Italy bFondazione Gabriele Monasterio CNR Regione Toscana, Pisa, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 12:277-9. 2011
..The patient unfortunately died because of noncardiovascular complications of cancer...
- Individual and summed effects of high-risk genetic polymorphisms on recurrent cardiovascular events following ischemic heart disease
Maria Grazia Andreassi
CNR Istituto di Fisiologia Clinica, Pisa, Italy
Atherosclerosis 223:409-15. 2012
..However, their influence on prognosis remains uncertain. The aim of the study was to investigate the impact of previously identified SNPs and their joint effects in a genetic score (GS) on Major Adverse Cardiac Events (MACEs)...