- Hippocampal magnetic resonance imaging abnormalities in transient global amnesia
Arch Neurol 62:1468-9. 2005
- Brain perfusion CT: principles, technique and clinical applications
Dipartimento di Bio immagini e Scienze Radiologiche, Sezione di Radiodiagnostica, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Policlinico A Gemelli, Largo Gemelli 8, Rome, Italy
Radiol Med 112:1225-43. 2007
..This article illustrates the principles, technique and clinical applications of p-CT cerebral perfusion studies...
- Seizure-induced brain lesions: a wide spectrum of variably reversible MRI abnormalities
Neuroradiology, Neurocenter of Italian Switzerland Ospedale regionale Lugano, Via Tesserete 46, Lugano, 6900, CH, Switzerland Electronic address
Eur J Radiol 82:1964-72. 2013
..These seizure-induced MRI abnormalities pose a broad differential diagnosis; increased awareness may reduce the risk of misdiagnosis and unnecessary intervention. ..
- Percutaneous cement augmentation of a lytic lesion of C1 via posterolateral approach under CT guidance
Department of Radiology, Medical University of South Carolina, 96 J Lucas St, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Spine J 12:500-6. 2012
..Percutaneous vertebroplasty of the atlas has been reported in only five cases and has been performed with different techniques and approaches...
- Migraine-like headache and status migrainosus as attacks of multiple sclerosis in a child
Unit of Child Neuropsychiatry, Institute of Neurology, Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Pediatrics 126:e459-64. 2010
- Cephalometric findings in facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy patients with obstructive sleep apneas
Giacomo Della Marca
Department of Neurosciences, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Sleep Breath 15:99-106. 2011
- Nocardia brain abscess mimicking high-grade necrotic tumor on perfusion MRI
Institute of Radiology, Catholic University School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
J Clin Neurosci 17:1080-2. 2010
..That an abscess may show increased rCBV along the capsule, therefore mimicking a hypervascular brain tumor on PWI, should be considered when attempting a radiological diagnosis of a ring-enhancing brain lesion...
- Magnetic resonance imaging findings in sudden sensorineural hearing loss
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
J Otolaryngol 35:310-6. 2006
..To investigate the role of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in the diagnosis of sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSNHL)...
- Percutaneous ethanol embolization and cement augmentation of aggressive vertebral hemangiomas at two adjacent vertebral levels
Department of Neuroradiology, Medical University of South Carolina, 169, Ashley Avenue, Charleston, SC 29425, USA Department of Neuroradiology, Neurocenter of Italian Switzerland, Lugano, Switzerland Electronic address
J Neuroradiol 41:269-74. 2014
..This case suggests that exclusive percutaneous treatment may be considered for symptomatic VH even when two adjacent vertebral levels are affected...
- Tilting the gantry for CT-guided spine procedures
Daniel J Boulter
Department of Radiology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
Radiol Med 119:750-7. 2014
..We describe our clinical experience using the modified procedure relative to the conventional technique, and provide representative examples. ..
- Contrast-enhanced MR imaging of the spine: when, why and how? How to optimize contrast protocols in MR imaging of the spine
Department of Bioimaging and Radiological Sciences, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Policlinico A Gemelli, L go F Vito 1, 00168, Rome, Italy
Neuroradiology 48:18-33. 2006
..The applications and clinical utility of post-contrast MR imaging are discussed with regard to different spinal diseases...
- Accuracy of CT guidance of lumbar facet joint block
Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Medical University of South Carolina, 96 Jonathan Lucas St, MSC 323, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 200:673-6. 2013
..The CT scanner was operated tableside with a step-and-shoot mode for intermittent needle visualization, and the amount of radiation used to perform the procedures was estimated...
- Diffusion-weighted imaging distinguishes recurrent epidermoid neoplasm from postoperative arachnoid cyst in the lumbosacral spine
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, CA, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 30:507-9. 2006
..Our case illustrates the value of this readily available sequence presently not generally used in the clinical evaluation of spinal pathology...
- Perfusion CT compared to H(2) (15)O/O (15)O PET in patients with chronic cervical carotid artery occlusion
Department of Radiology, Neuroradiology Section, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
Neuroradiology 50:745-51. 2008
..The purpose of this study was to compare the results of perfusion computed tomography (PCT) with those of (15)O(2)/H(2) (15)O positron emission tomography (PET) in a subset of Carotid Occlusion Surgery Study (COSS) patients...
- Rheumatoid leptomeningitis: magnetic resonance imaging and pathologic findings--a case report
Department of Bio images and Radiological Sciences, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, 00168 Rome, Italy
J Neuroimaging 20:192-4. 2010
..Intracranial manifestations of RA are rare. Purpose of this article is to report on a rarely described leptomeningeal involvement in RA, and on its neuroimaging features, including diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI)...
- Respiratory and gastrointestinal dysfunctions associated with auriculo-condylar syndrome and a homozygous PLCB4 loss-of-function mutation
Department of Pediatrics, Center for Rare Diseases, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Am J Med Genet A 170:1471-8. 2016
..2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- "Myo-cardiomyopathy" is commonly associated with the A8344G "MERRF" mutation
Department of Geriatrics, Neuroscience and Orthopedics, Institute of Neurology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Largo A Gemelli 8, 00168, Rome, Italy
J Neurol 262:701-10. 2015
..Our study highlights the importance of lactic acidosis and respiratory muscle insufficiency as critical prognostic factors. Muscle and cardiac MRI and brain spectroscopy may be useful tools in diagnosis and follow-up of MERRF. ..
- Conventional MRI, DWI and MR-spectroscopy in the study of focal brain lesions
Istituto di Radiologia, Universita Cattolica del S Cuore, Policlinico A Gemelli, Roma, Italy
Rays 28:361-8. 2003
..The technique of MR-spectroscopy is briefly described...
- Lumbar spondylolysis: a review
Department of Bioimaging and Radiological Sciences, Catholic University, School of Medicine, Largo A Gemelli, 1, 00168, Rome, Italy
Skeletal Radiol 40:683-700. 2011
- Visual hallucinations and pontine demyelination in a child: possible REM dissociation?
Maria Gabriella Vita
Department of Neurosciences, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
J Clin Sleep Med 4:588-90. 2008