Genomes and Genes
- Skin color measurement in Chinese female population: analysis of 407 cases from 4 major cities of ChinaLiu Wei
Department of Dermatology, The General Hospital of Air Force, Beijing, and Zhongshan University, Guangzhou, China
Int J Dermatol 46:835-9. 2007..Color assessment of human skin is an important index both in dermatology and in cosmetology...
- IL-21R expression on CD8+ T cells promotes CD8+ T cell activation in coxsackievirus B3 induced myocarditisWei Liu
The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, 23 Youzheng Street, Harbin, Heilongjiang Province, 150001, China
Exp Mol Pathol 92:327-33. 2012..These data demonstrate that IL-21 signaling directly in the CD8+ cell population is required for CVB3-induced myocarditis...
- Qiliqiangxin improves cardiac function in spontaneously hypertensive rats through the inhibition of cardiac chymaseWei Liu
Department of Cardiology, Harbin Medical University, PR China
Am J Hypertens 25:250-60. 2012..This study was designed to investigate the effects and mechanism of action of the traditional Chinese drug formula, qiliqiangxin (QLQX), on cardiac function in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHRs)...
- Adenovirus-mediated ICOSIg gene transfer alleviates cardiac remodeling in experimental autoimmune myocarditisWei Liu
Department of Cardiology, First Affiliated Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Heilongjiang, China
Immunol Cell Biol 86:659-65. 2008..Regulation of the Th1/Th2/Th17 balance may be one of the underlying mechanisms responsible for this effect...
- Upregulation of CD4+CD25+ T lymphocyte by adenovirus-mediated gene transfer of CTLA4Ig fusion protein in experimental autoimmune myocarditisLiu Wei
Department of Cardiology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Heilongjiang 150001, People s Republic of China
Autoimmunity 39:289-98. 2006..To explore the effects of adenovirus vector-mediated gene transfer of CTLA4Ig fusion protein on CD4+CD25+ T cells in experimental autoimmune myocarditis (EAM)...
- Immunological aspect of cardiac remodeling: T lymphocyte subsets in inflammation-mediated cardiac fibrosisLiu Wei
Department of Cardiology, First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, 150001, China
Exp Mol Pathol 90:74-8. 2011..We conclude that in addition to preventive strategies, therapies based on deviation of Th1/Th2 paradigm, and manipulation of Tregs and Th17 would show promising results in future studies...
- Atorvastatin ameliorates cerebral vasospasm and early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage and inhibits caspase-dependent apoptosis pathwayGao Cheng
Department of Neurosurgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Nangang District, Harbin, Heilongjiang, PR China
BMC Neurosci 10:7. 2009..This study was designed to explore apoptosis inhibiting effects of atorvastatin and its potential apoptotic signal pathway after SAH...
- IL-17 stimulates migration of carotid artery vascular smooth muscle cells in an MMP-9 dependent manner via p38 MAPK and ERK1/2-dependent NF-kappaB and AP-1 activationGao Cheng
Department of Neurosurgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Cell Mol Neurobiol 29:1161-8. 2009..The present results demonstrated that IL-17 may play a role in vascular remodeling and targeting IL-17 or its specific downstream mediators is a potentially novel therapeutic pathway for attenuating the post-angioplastic restenosis...
- Preparation and activity evaluation of p-n junction photocatalyst NiO/TiO2Chen Shifu
Department of Chemistry, Huaibei Coal Normal College, Anhui, Huaibei 235000, People s Republic of China
J Hazard Mater 155:320-6. 2008..Effects of heat treatment on the photocatalytic activity of p-n junction photocatalyst NiO/TiO2 were investigated. The mechanisms of influence on the photocatalytic activity were also discussed by the p-n junction principle...
- Opportunities for woman-initiated HIV prevention methods among female sex workers in southern ChinaMargaret R Weeks
Institute for Community Research, 2 Hartford Square West, Suite 100, Hartford, CT 06106, USA
J Sex Res 44:190-201. 2007..We discuss implications of these findings for further promotion of woman-initiated prevention methods such as microbicides and female condoms among female sex workers in China...
- Cost-effectiveness of routine immunization to control Japanese encephalitis in Shanghai, ChinaDing Ding
School of Public Health, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Bull World Health Organ 81:334-42. 2003..To assess the cost-effectiveness of inactivated and live attenuated Japanese encephalitis (JE) vaccines given to infants and children in Shanghai...