- Overview of the HIV/AIDS epidemic, scientific research and government responses in ChinaLongde Wang
Ministry of Health, The People s Republic of China
AIDS 21:S3-7. 2007..The remarkable achievements in such a short period of time indicate that China is strongly committed to limiting the epidemic and maintaining a low HIV prevalence into the future...
- Cooking oil fumes and risk of lung cancer in women in rural Gansu, ChinaCatherine Metayer
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, 6120 Executive Boulevard, Rockville EPS 7044, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Lung Cancer 35:111-7. 2002..09). Women exposed to cooking fumes from rapeseed oil appeared to be at increased risk of lung cancer, and there was some evidence that fumes from linseed oil may have also contributed to the risk...
- Residential radon and lung cancer risk in a high-exposure area of Gansu Province, ChinaZuoyuan Wang
Laboratory of Industrial Hygiene, Ministry of Public Health, Beijing, China
Am J Epidemiol 155:554-64. 2002..Adjusting for exposure uncertainties increased estimates by 50%. Results support increased lung cancer risks with indoor radon exposures that may equal or exceed extrapolations based on miner data...
- Lung cancer and indoor exposure to coal and biomass in rural ChinaRuth A Kleinerman
Radiation Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, 6120 Executive Boulevard, EPS 7044, MSC 7238, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Occup Environ Med 44:338-44. 2002..The risk for lung cancer increased relative to the percentage of time that coal was used over the past 30 years (P = 0.02). Our findings suggest that coal may contribute to the risk of lung cancer in this rural area of China...
- Preventing chronic diseases in ChinaLongde Wang
Ministry of Health of the People s Republic of China, Beijing, China
Lancet 366:1821-4. 2005..However, the surveillance and intervention mechanisms needed to ameliorate the increasing burden of chronic diseases are developing rapidly, taking account of the lessons learned over the past two decades...
- Progress in tuberculosis control and the evolving public-health system in ChinaLongde Wang
Ministry of Health, Beijing, China
Lancet 369:691-6. 2007..We examine how the strengthening of a disease control programme and the public-health system worked together to achieve a desired health outcome...
- Emergence and control of infectious diseases in ChinaLongde Wang
Ministry of Health, People s Republic of China, Beijing, China
Lancet 372:1598-605. 2008..This strategy can serve as a model for worldwide surveillance and response to threats from infectious diseases...