Affiliation: University of Hong Kong
- Immunological mechanisms and clinical implications of regulatory T cell deficiency in a systemic autoimmune disorder: roles of IL-2 versus IL-15Cui Hong Yang
Department of Pathology, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Eur J Immunol 38:1664-76. 2008..These findings thus provide a clear causal relationship and immunological mechanism underlying Treg deficiency and systemic autoimmunity...
- Acceleration of apoptosis in CD4+CD8+ thymocytes by rapamycin accompanied by increased CD4+CD25+ T cells in the peripheryLina Tian
Division of Paediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong Medical Centre, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, People s Republic of China
Transplantation 77:183-9. 2004..Its mechanisms of action are not fully understood. In this article, the authors have investigated the effects of therapeutic doses of Rapa on both thymic and peripheral T-cell populations in the adult rat...
- Increased iNOS-expressing macrophage in long-term surviving rat small-bowel graftsXiaosong Li
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, PRC
Am J Surg 194:248-54. 2007....
- Inhibition of sonic hedgehog signaling reduces chronic rejection and prolongs allograft survival in a rat orthotopic small bowel transplantation modelYan Chen
Division of Paediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, PR China
Transplantation 83:1351-7. 2007..Sonic hedgehog (Shh), a morphogen critical in embryogenesis, also promotes peripheral immunity, which prompted us to investigate if inhibition of Shh signaling could reduce CR and thereby enhance allograft survival...
- Association of the CD134/CD134L costimulatory pathway with acute rejection of small bowel allograftLina Tian
Division of Paediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong Medical Center, Queen Mary Hospital, PR China
Transplantation 74:133-8. 2002..The CD134/CD134L pathway has been studied in inflammatory, autoimmune diseases, and graft-versus-host disease, but no information exists on the involvement of CD134/CD134L interactions in solid organ transplantation...
- Comparative study of allograft survival of heterotopic and orthotopic small bowel transplantation in ratWei Hong Guo
Division of Paediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong Medical Centre, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, P R China
Transplantation 75:1895-7. 2003..This study compared the allograft survival of H-SBT and O-SBT and evaluated the effect of retaining the host intestine in O-SBT in an altered O-SBT (AO-SBT) model...
- Sonic hedgehog promotes CD4+ T lymphocyte proliferation and modulates the expression of a subset of CD28-targeted genesVera S F Chan
Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong Medical Centre, K 15 Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong SAR, China
Int Immunol 18:1627-36. 2006..Furthermore, Shh co-stimulation modulates the expression of a subset of CD28-responsive genes, including cyclin A and B cell translocation gene 2...
- Rosiglitazone suppresses cyclosporin-induced chronic transplant dysfunction and prolongs survival of rat cardiac allograftsYan Chen
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine Building, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, SAR China
Transplantation 83:1602-10. 2007..Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ligands can suppress vascular inflammation. The aim of this study was to analyze the effects of rosiglitazone on chronic transplant dysfunction in a rat cardiac transplant model...