Js Malik Peiris
Affiliation: The University of Hong Kong
- Interventions to reduce zoonotic and pandemic risks from avian influenza in AsiaJ S Malik Peiris
WHO Collaborating Centre for Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Control, School of Public Health, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China Electronic address
Lancet Infect Dis 16:252-8. 2016..Such generic measures are likely to reduce known and future threats of zoonotic influenza. ..
- Antibody-dependent infection of human macrophages by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirusMing Shum Yip
HKU Pasteur Research Pole and Center of Influenza Research, School of Public Health, LKS Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
Virol J 11:82. 2014..These observations prompted us to investigate the molecular mechanisms and responses to antibody-mediated infection in human macrophages...
- Poultry drinking water used for avian influenza surveillanceY H Connie Leung
The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, People s Republic of China
Emerg Infect Dis 13:1380-2. 2007..Studies to confirm the usefulness of poultry drinking water for detecting influenza (H5N1) should be conducted in disease-endemic areas...
- Avian influenza and ban on overnight poultry storage in live poultry markets, Hong KongY H Connie Leung
Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine School of Public Health, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, People s Republic of China
Emerg Infect Dis 18:1339-41. 2012..A ban on keeping live poultry overnight in these markets reduced virus isolation rates by 84% in chickens (p = 0.006) and 100% (p = 0.01) in minor poultry...
- Public health. Surveillance of animal influenza for pandemic preparednessJ S M Peiris
School of Public Health, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region SAR, P R China
Science 335:1173-4. 2012
- Differential replication of avian influenza H9N2 viruses in human alveolar epithelial A549 cellsDavy Cw Lee
Cytokine Biology Group, Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, PR China
Virol J 7:71. 2010..These findings suggest that the H9N2/G1 virus like its counterpart H5N1/97 may be better adapted to the human host and replicates efficiently in human alveolar epithelial cells...
- A model to control the epidemic of H5N1 influenza at the sourceY Guan
State Key Laboratory of Emerging Infectious Diseases, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, China
BMC Infect Dis 7:132. 2007..Systematic surveillance in southern China showed that ducks and geese are the primary reservoirs which transmit the virus to chickens, minor poultry and even migratory birds...
- Toll-like receptors, chemokine receptors and death receptor ligands responses in SARS coronavirus infected human monocyte derived dendritic cellsHelen K W Law
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Hong Kong Jockey Club Clinical Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, PR China
BMC Immunol 10:35. 2009..We also compared adult and cord blood (CB) DCs to find a possible explanation for the age-dependent severity of SARS...