Esther Yuet Ying Lau
Affiliation: The University of Hong Kong
- Working memory impairment and its associated sleep-related respiratory parameters in children with obstructive sleep apneaEsther Yuet Ying Lau
Sleep Laboratory, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Department of Psychology, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Department of Psychiatry, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Electronic address
Sleep Med 16:1109-15. 2015..This study tried to address this issue by delineating working memory functions into executive processes and storage/maintenance components based on Baddeley's working memory model...
- The role of daytime sleepiness in psychosocial outcomes after treatment for obstructive sleep apneaEsther Yuet Ying Lau
Sleep Laboratory, Department of Psychology, 6 F Jockey Club Tower, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
Sleep Disord 2013:140725. 2013..These results highlight the importance of assessment and intervention targeting psychosocial functioning and sleepiness in individuals with OSA after treatment...
- "Social jetlag" in morning-type college students living on campus: implications for physical and psychological well-beingEsther Yuet Ying Lau
Sleep Laboratory, Department of Psychology, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Chronobiol Int 30:910-8. 2013..The authorities may need to review and revise the room-allocation policy in campus residence in improving the well-being among campus residents...
- Executive function in patients with obstructive sleep apnea treated with continuous positive airway pressureEsther Yuet Ying Lau
Department of Psychology, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 16:1077-88. 2010..While CPAP is an effective treatment for OSA in terms of ameliorating breathing disruption and oxygen desaturation during sleep, as well as daytime sleepiness, some cognitive deficits may be more resistant to treatment...
- The interplay between sleep and mood in predicting academic functioning, physical health and psychological health: a longitudinal studyMark Lawrence Wong
Department of Psychology, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
J Psychosom Res 74:271-7. 2013..The mediation role of mood in the relationship between sleep quality, sleep duration and these daytime functions is also assessed...
- Rapid-Eye-Movement-Sleep (REM) Associated Enhancement of Working Memory Performance after a Daytime NapEsther Yuet Ying Lau
Sleep Laboratory, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China Department of Psychology, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China Department of Psychiatry, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
PLoS ONE 10:e0125752. 2015..g. working memory deficits), this was the first evidence showing working memory enhancement associated with REM in daytime napping in college students, who likely had habitual short sleep duration but were otherwise generally healthy. ..
- Bidirectional relationship between sleep and optimism with depressive mood as a mediator: A longitudinal study of Chinese working adultsEsther Yuet Ying Lau
Department of Psychological Studies, The Hong Kong Institute of Education, Hong Kong Department of Psychiatry, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Electronic address
J Psychosom Res 79:428-34. 2015..This study aimed to understand whether sleep quality was a cause or an effect of optimism, and whether depressive mood could explain the relationship...