Affiliation: Shandong University
- Development of a genetic system for the deep-sea psychrophilic bacterium Pseudoalteromonas sp. SM9913Zi Chao Yu
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, Shandong University, Jinan 250100, China
Microb Cell Fact 13:13. 2014..The aim of this study is to develop a genetic system in the deep-sea sedimentary bacterium Pseudoalteromonas sp. SM9913, making it possible to perform gene mutation by homologous recombination...
- The β-propeller gene Rv1057 of Mycobacterium tuberculosis has a complex promoter directly regulated by both the MprAB and TrcRS two-component systemsXiuhua Pang
The State Key Lab of Microbial Technology, Shandong University, Jinan 250100, China
Tuberculosis (Edinb) 91:S142-9. 2011..These findings indicate that Rv1057 has an extensive and complex promoter, and provide evidence for coordinated regulation of stress response genes by TCSs...
- EspR, a regulator of the ESX-1 secretion system in Mycobacterium tuberculosis, is directly regulated by the two-component systems MprAB and PhoPRGuangxiang Cao
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, Shandong University, Jinan 250100, PR China Shandong Medicinal Biotechnology Center, Jinan, 250062, PR China
Microbiology 161:477-89. 2015..These findings indicate that EspR may mediate the regulatory effect of PhoPR and MprAB, and provide more insight into the mechanisms underlying ESX-1 control. ..
- Functional analysis of the EspR binding sites upstream of espR in Mycobacterium tuberculosisGuangxiang Cao
The State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, Shandong University, Jinan, 250100, China
Curr Microbiol 67:572-9. 2013..These findings contribute to our understanding of the regulation of the ESX-1 system. ..
- Development of a Cold-Adapted Pseudoalteromonas Expression System for the Pseudoalteromonas Proteins Intractable for the Escherichia coli SystemZi Chao Yu
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, Shandong University, Jinan, China Marine Biotechnology Research Center, Shandong University, Jinan, China
PLoS ONE 10:e0137384. 2015..Our results indicate that this cold-adapted Pseudoalteromonas expression system will provide an alternative choice for protein expression, especially for the Pseudoalteromonas proteins intractable for the E. coli system. ..
- Physiological and genetic analyses reveal a mechanistic insight into the multifaceted lifestyles of Pseudoalteromonas sp. SM9913 adapted to the deep-sea sedimentZi Hao Mi
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, Shandong University, Jinan, 250100, China
Environ Microbiol 17:3795-806. 2015..Our results reveal the lifestyles of benthonic SM9913, providing a better understanding of the environmental adaptation of benthonic bacteria. ..
- MprAB regulates the espA operon in Mycobacterium tuberculosis and modulates ESX-1 function and host cytokine responseXiuhua Pang
The State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, Shandong University, Jinan, China
J Bacteriol 195:66-75. 2013..These findings indicate that MprAB modulates ESX-1 function and reveal a new role for MprAB in host-pathogen interactions...
- Production of the antibiotic FR-008/candicidin in Streptomyces sp. FR-008 is co-regulated by two regulators, FscRI and FscRIV, from different transcription factor familiesPeipei Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, Shandong University, Jinan 250100, PR China
Microbiology 161:539-52. 2015..This study demonstrates that the regulation of polyene antibiotic synthesis can involve mutually regulated transcriptional activators that belong to different families. ..
- Hybrubins: Bipyrrole Tetramic Acids Obtained by Crosstalk between a Truncated Undecylprodigiosin Pathway and Heterologous Tetramic Acid Biosynthetic GenesZhilong Zhao
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, School of Life Sciences, Shandong University, Jinan 250100, China
Org Lett 18:572-5. 2016..lividans SBT5 as well as the BAC encoded hbn genes for the production of 5-ethylidenetetramic acid. A possible biosynthetic pathway was also proposed. ..
- Regulation of the biosynthesis of thiopeptide antibiotic cyclothiazomycin by the transcriptional regulator SHJG8833 in Streptomyces hygroscopicus 5008Peipei Zhang
The State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, Collaborative Innovation Center of Deep Sea Biology, Shandong University, Jinan 250100, China
Microbiology 160:1379-92. 2014..These results indicate that SHJG8833 is a positive regulator that controls cyclothiazomycin biosynthesis by activating structural genes in the clt cluster. ..
- A novel exopolysaccharide from deep-sea bacterium Zunongwangia profunda SM-A87: low-cost fermentation, moisture retention, and antioxidant activitiesMei Ling Sun
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, Shandong University, Jinan, 250100, Shandong Province, China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 98:7437-45. 2014..SM-A87 EPS also showed high antioxidant activity. These results suggest that SM-A87 EPS has promising potentials in biotechnology...