- [Inhibition of EBV-encoded LMP-1 by DNA-based RNA interference affects metastatic ability of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells]Gang Li
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 28:724-7. 2006....
- shRNA driven by Pol II/T7 dual-promoter system effectively induce cell-specific RNA interference in mammalian cellsYing Peng
School of Life Science, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang 325025, People s Republic of China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 360:496-500. 2007..To our knowledge, this is the first evidence that shRNA can be expressed in a cell-specific manner from Pol II/T7 dual-promoter system in mammalian cells...
- Relationship between cerebral hypoxic tissue volume and prognosis after strokeYi dong Wang
Department of Neurology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Eur Neurol 63:52-9. 2010..We evaluated hypoxic tissue after stroke and patient condition severity and prognosis...
- [Determination of jervine and veratramine in Veratrum plants using high performance liquid chromatography coupled with evaporative light scattering detection]Sheng Zhang
School of Chinese Pharmacy, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, China
Se Pu 26:56-9. 2008..This HPLC-ELSD method is rapid, simple, accurate and convenient. It can be used as one of the direct and reliable means for quantitative determination of the active alkaloids in veratrum plants...
- Rational design of an EGF-IL18 fusion protein: implication for developing tumor therapeuticsJian Xin Lu
Institute of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, School of Laboratory Medicine, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang 325035, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 334:157-61. 2005..These suggest that this rationally designed protein can be further developed as novel tumor therapeutics...
- Opposite effects on tumor growth depending on dose of Achyranthes bidentata polysaccharides in C57BL/6 miceLi Qin Jin
Institute of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang 325035, China
Int Immunopharmacol 7:568-77. 2007..We postulate that the stimulation of tumor growth by high dose of ABPS is associated with dysfunction of NK cell and up-regulation of IL-6 mRNA and TNF-alpha mRNA expression in murine spleen...
- Suppression of Epstein-Barr virus-encoded latent membrane protein-1 by RNA interference inhibits the metastatic potential of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cellsXiang Ping Li
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Nanfang Hospital, The First Military Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 315:212-8. 2004..These results demonstrated the effectiveness of RNAi in suppressing LMP-1, supporting an important role of LMP-1 in NPC metastasis, and suggested a potential application of RNAi-mediated therapeutic strategy for EBV-related NPC...
- [Suppression of telomerase activity by plasmid-mediated RNA interference]Yan Li
Department of Microbiology, West China School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi 23:615-9. 2006..So pEGFP-hTE could specifically inhibit expression of hTERT and telomerase activity. These results suggested that siRNA targeting hTERT gene might provide a new strategy for cancer biotherapy...
- Inhibition of human nasopharyngeal carcinoma growth and metastasis in mice by adenovirus-associated virus-mediated expression of human endostatinXiang Ping Li
Department of Chemistry, 8 F Kadoorie Biological Science Building, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Mol Cancer Ther 5:1290-8. 2006..The potent inhibition of NPC metastasis suggests the feasibility of combining rAAV-hEndo gene therapy with other therapies for the prevention and treatment of NPC metastasis...
- Suppression of FHL2 expression induces cell differentiation and inhibits gastric and colon carcinogenesisJide Wang
Institute for Digestive Medicine, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Gastroenterology 132:1066-76. 2007..It functions in a cell type- or promoter-specific manner. The aims of this study were to examine its expression in gastrointestinal cancers and to determine its role in cell differentiation and tumorigenesis...
- Cell cycle-related kinase: a novel candidate oncogene in human glioblastomaSamuel S M Ng
Department of Chemistry, Open Laboratory of Chemical Biology, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:936-48. 2007..We investigated the involvement of cell cycle-related kinase (CCRK), a novel protein kinase that is homologous to cyclin-dependent kinase 7, in glioblastoma multiforme carcinogenesis...
- EFA6A enhances glioma cell invasion through ADP ribosylation factor 6/extracellular signal-regulated kinase signalingMing Li
Department of Chemistry, Open Laboratory of Chemical Biology, Institute of Molecular Technology for Drug Discovery and Synthesis, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
Cancer Res 66:1583-90. 2006..These results suggest for the first time a potential role of EFA6A/ARF6/ERK signal cascade in glioma cell migration and invasion...
- Effect of inhibition of EBV-encoded latent membrane protein-1 by small interfering RNA on EBV-positive nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell growthGang Li
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Nanfang Hospital, First Military Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 24:241-6. 2004....
- Recombinant adeno-associated virus mediated RNA interference inhibits metastasis of nasopharyngeal cancer cells in vivo and in vitro by suppression of Epstein-Barr virus encoded LMP-1Xiangping Li
Department of Otolaryngology, Nanfang Hospital, Nanfang Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, PR China
Int J Oncol 29:595-603. 2006..These results demonstrated for the first time that long-term suppression of EBV-encoded LMP-1 in vivo is an effective means for preventing NPC metastasis...
- Inhibition of HBV gene expression and replication by stably expressed interferon-alpha1 via adeno-associated viral vectorsZhi Li
Department of Microbiology, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
J Gene Med 10:619-27. 2008..Frequent and repeated injection is also a big burden for patients. In the present study, a single dose of vector-delivered IFNalpha1 was tested for its anti-HBV effects...
- The histone deacetylase inhibitor sodium butyrate inhibits baculovirus-mediated transgene expression in Sf9 cellsYing Peng
State Key Laboratory of Virology, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan 430071, People s Republic of China
J Biotechnol 131:180-7. 2007..This study was aimed at improving the productivity of the recombinant proteins and providing a better understanding of the epigenetic regulation of baculovirus gene expression...
- Synthesis and characterization of folate-PEG-grafted-hyperbranched-PEI for tumor-targeted gene deliveryBing Liang
Department of Neurology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, No 107, West Yanjiang Road, Guangzhou 510120, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 367:874-80. 2008..These results indicated that FA-PEG-PEI might be a promising candidate for gene delivery with the characteristics of good biocompatibility, potential biodegradability, and relatively high gene transfection efficiency...
- l-3-n-Butylphthalide ameliorates beta-amyloid-induced neuronal toxicity in cultured neuronal cellsYing Peng
Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, No 1, Xiannongtan Street, Xuanwu District, Beijing 100050, China
Neurosci Lett 434:224-9. 2008..Our results suggest that l-NBP may protect neurons against Abeta-induced neurotoxicity via inhibiting tau protein hyperphosphorylation...
- Kinetics and synergistic effects of siRNAs targeting structural and replicase genes of SARS-associated coronavirusMing Liang He
The Center for Emerging Infectious, Li Ka Shing Medical Institute, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
FEBS Lett 580:2414-20. 2006..We also showed the synergistic effects of two siRNAs targeting different functional genes at a very low dose. Our findings may pave a way to develop cost effective siRNA agents for antiviral therapy in the future...
- N-Myc downstream-regulated gene 2 (NDRG2) inhibits glioblastoma cell proliferationYanchun Deng
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Int J Cancer 106:342-7. 2003..Our findings provide the first evidence to suggest that hNDRG2 may play a role in glioblastoma carcinogenesis...
- Inhibition of SARS-associated coronavirus infection and replication by RNA interferenceMing Liang He
JAMA 290:2665-6. 2003
- Inhibitor of DNA binding/differentiation helix-loop-helix proteins mediate bone morphogenetic protein-induced osteoblast differentiation of mesenchymal stem cellsYing Peng
Molecular Oncology Laboratory, Department of Surgery, and Committe on Genetics, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 279:32941-9. 2004....
- Connective tissue growth factor (CTGF) is regulated by Wnt and bone morphogenetic proteins signaling in osteoblast differentiation of mesenchymal stem cellsQing Luo
Molecular Oncology Laboratory, Department of Surgery, The University of Chicago Medical Center, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 279:55958-68. 2004....
- Effects of insulin-like growth factor-1 on okadaic acid-induced apoptosis in SH-SY5Y cellsChanghong Xing
Department of Biological Science and Biotechnology, State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Cell Biol Int 29:803-8. 2005..OA-induced apoptosis was significantly decreased by pretreatment with 10 ng/ml of IGF-1 for 24 h. The results supported the hypothesis that IGF-1 may be useful in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease...
- [Eukaryotic expression and tumor-targeting modification of human mutated-IL-18 fusion gene]Jian Xin Lu
Institute of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325035, China
Yi Chuan 27:557-60. 2005..The results suggested that EGF-IL18 fusion protein could specifically be targeted on tumor cells. The work may provide a new insight into the cytokinin for the tumor treatment...
- Crystal structure of the V domain of human Nectin-like molecule-1/Syncam3/Tsll1/Igsf4b, a neural tissue-specific immunoglobulin-like cell-cell adhesion moleculeXiuhua Dong
National Laboratory of Biomacromolecules, Institute of Biophysics IBP, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
J Biol Chem 281:10610-7. 2006..Mutagenesis work demonstrated that Phe(82) is a key residue for the adhesion activity of Necl-1. A model for homophilic adhesion of Necl-1 at synapses is proposed based on its structure and previous studies...
- All-trans retinoic acid induces XAF1 expression through an interferon regulatory factor-1 element in colon cancerJide Wang
Institute for Digestive Medicine, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Gastroenterology 130:747-58. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the effect and mechanism of ATRA on XAF1 expression and the role of XAF1 in ATRA-induced growth inhibition in colon cancer...
- Cold-inducible RNA binding protein is required for the expression of adhesion molecules and embryonic cell movement in Xenopus laevisYing Peng
Department of Neurology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 344:416-24. 2006..Taken together, these results suggest for the first time that XCIRP is required to maintain the expression of adhesion molecules and cell movement during embryonic development...
- Tyrosine kinase inhibitor STI-571/Gleevec down-regulates the beta-catenin signaling activityLan Zhou
Department of Surgery, The University of Chicago Medical Center, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, MC3079, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Cancer Lett 193:161-70. 2003....