Affiliation: Peking University
- Multipotency of human neural stem cells from fetal striatumYang Li
Department of Cell Biology, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
Neuroreport 19:1679-83. 2008..The cellular nature of the human donor cells in chimeric tissues is, however, currently unknown, and further work will be done to identify what differentiated phenotypes have developed from the human cells...
- Reprogramming of sheep fibroblasts into pluripotency under a drug-inducible expression of mouse-derived defined factorsYang Li
Stem Cell Research Center, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 6:e15947. 2011..Generation of sheep iPSCs places sheep on the front lines of large animal preclinical trials and experiments involving modification of animal genomes...
- Survivin Improves Reprogramming Efficiency of Human Neural Progenitors by Single Molecule OCT4Shixin Zhou
Department of Cell Biology and Stem Cell Research Center, School of Basic Medicine, Peking University, Beijing, China
Stem Cells Int 2016:4729535. 2016..Our results showed overexpression of Survivin could improve the efficiency of reprogramming from NPCs to iPS cells by one factor OCT4 through stabilization of the key molecule, β-catenin...
- HMDD v2.0: a database for experimentally supported human microRNA and disease associationsYang Li
Department of Cell Biology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University, 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100191, China, Department of Biomedical Informatics, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University, 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100191, China, Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100190, China and MOE Key Lab of Cardiovascular Sciences, Peking University, 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100191, China
Nucleic Acids Res 42:D1070-4. 2014..Meanwhile, we also maintained the old version of HMDD. By keeping data sets up-to-date, HMDD should continue to serve as a valuable resource for investigating the roles of miRNAs in human disease. ..
- PAX6 downregulates miR-124 expression to promote cell migration during embryonic stem cell differentiationJing Fang
1 Department of Cell Biology, Peking University Stem Cell Research Center, Peking University Health Science Center, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Stem Cells Dev 23:2297-310. 2014..Therefore, we propose a novel PAX6-miR-124 pathway that controls ES cell migration. Our findings may provide important information for studies on ES cell differentiation and embryonic development. ..
- Genome-wide analysis of human microRNA stabilityYang Li
Department of Cell Biology, Stem Cell Research Center, Peking University School of Basic Medical Sciences, 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100191, China
Biomed Res Int 2013:368975. 2013..Together, our results provided an extensive description of the global landscape, dynamics, and distinct mode of human miRNA stability, which provide help in investigating their functions in physiology and pathophysiology. ..
- Knock out CD44 in reprogrammed liver cancer cell C3A increases CSCs stemness and promotes differentiationShuo Han
Department of Cell Biology, Stem Cell Research Center, Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Oncotarget 6:44452-65. 2015..Our data indicated nuclear CD44 in liver cancer stem cells is responsible for the poorly differentiated highly malignant tumor cells by maintenance of low stemness state. ..
- Genetic variants at 20p11 confer risk to androgenetic alopecia in the Chinese Han populationBo Liang
Institute of Dermatology and Department of Dermatology, No 1 Hospital, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui, China Key Laboratory of Dermatology, Anhui Medical University, Ministry of Education, China, Hefei, Anhui, China State Key Laboratory Incubation Base of Dermatology, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui, China
PLoS ONE 8:e71771. 2013..In this study, we aim to validate whether these loci are also associated with AGA in the Chinese Han population...
- Risk effects of GST gene polymorphisms in patients with acute myeloid leukemia: a prospective studyLei Zhou
Department of Hematology, Shengjing Hospital Affiliated of China Medical University, Beijing, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 14:3861-4. 2013..39 (1.26-9.26) (P<0.05). These findings indicate that genetic variants of GST and especially the GSTT1 gene have a critical function in the development of AML. Our study offers important insights into the molecular etiology of AML. ..
- Efficient induction of pluripotent stem cells from menstrual bloodYang Li
Stem Cell Research Center and Department of Cell Biology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, China
Stem Cells Dev 22:1147-58. 2013..These cells were able to differentiate into various cell types of all 3 germ layers both in vitro and in vivo. Therefore, MenSCs may be a preferred candidate for generation of iPSCs...
- Complement factor H polymorphism in age-related maculopathy in the Chinese population: the Beijing Eye StudyYa Gao
Beijing Institute of Ophthalmology, Beijing Tongren Eye Center, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Retina 30:443-6. 2010..The purpose of this study was to analyze the association between the Y402H polymorphism in the complement factor H and soft drusen of the macula as part of age-related maculopathy in the Chinese population...
- Novel mutations in the CYP4V2 gene associated with Bietti crystalline corneoretinal dystrophyMinghua Shan
Beijing Institute of Ophthalmology, Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital University of Medical Science, Beijing, China
Mol Vis 11:738-43. 2005..To further characterize the role of CYP4V2 in BCD, mutation screening has been undertaken in a cohort of affected patients with BCD from China...