T W L Mak
- Glycerol kinase deficiency presenting with hypodipsia, osmotic diuresis and severe hypernatraemiaT W L Mak
Department of Clinical Pathology, Tuen Mun Hospital, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China
J Inherit Metab Dis 28:1159-61. 2005..A Chinese boy with glycerol kinase deficiency is reported. His presentation with severe hypernatraemia secondary to hypodipsia and glycerol-induced osmotic diuresis is unusual and not previously described in the literature...
- Effects of lithium therapy on bone mineral metabolism: a two-year prospective longitudinal studyT W Mak
Department of Chemical Pathology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 83:3857-9. 1998..0005), suggesting reduced, rather than enhanced, bone resorption as in primary hyperparathyroidism. This may be the main mechanism in maintaining normocalcemia, despite PTH elevation, during lithium therapy...
- Factitious thyrotoxicosis and herbal dietary supplement for weight reductionW T Poon
Toxicology Reference Laboratory, Princess Margaret Hospital, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 46:290-2. 2008..Overdose subsequent to poor standardization of the adulterants is another concern. Health care professionals must therefore be aware of the potential dangers posed by adulterated dietary supplements...
- Drug-induced hypoglycaemia--new insight into an old problemC K Ching
Princess Margaret Hospital, Laichikok, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 12:334-8. 2006..To review the causes of drug-induced hypoglycaemia in patients not taking hypoglycaemic medications...
- Aconite poisoning in camouflageW T Poon
Hospital Authority Toxicology Reference Laboratory, Princess Margaret Hospital, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 12:456-9. 2006..In four of these 10 cases, the aconite herb was not listed in the written prescription. We report these four cases to highlight the problem of 'hidden' aconite poisoning...