Xue Jun Li
- Attenuated associations between increasing BMI and unfavorable lipid profiles in Chinese Buddhist vegetariansHui jie Zhang
Department of Endocrine and Diabetes, The First Affiliated Hospital of Xiamen University, Xiamen, People s Republic of China
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 22:249-56. 2013..Conclusions: Vegetarian diets not only lower BMI, but also attenuate the BMI-related increases of atherogenic lipid/ lipoprotein and the probability of coronary heart disease...
- Relationship of carotid intima-media thickness and duration of vegetarian diet in Chinese male vegetariansShu Yu Yang
Fujian Academy of Integrative Medicine, Fujian University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 1 Hua Tuo Road, Shang Jie Town, Fuzhou, 350108, PR China
Nutr Metab (Lond) 8:63. 2011..abstract:..
- Chinese lacto-vegetarian diet exerts favorable effects on metabolic parameters, intima-media thickness, and cardiovascular risks in healthy menShu Yu Yang
Department of Diabetes, The First Affiliated Hospital of Xiamen University, Xiamen, PR China
Nutr Clin Pract 27:392-8. 2012..To investigate whether the Chinese lacto-vegetarian diet has protective effects on metabolic and cardiovascular disease (CVD)...
- Activation of nuclear factor-κB pathway is responsible for tumor necrosis factor-α-induced up-regulation of endothelin B2 receptor expression in vascular smooth muscle cells in vitroWei Zhang
Xiamen Diabetes Institute, Xiamen 361003, PR China
Toxicol Lett 209:107-12. 2012..This could partly explain the toxic effects of TNF-α on VSMCs that account for cardiovascular diseases...
- Puerarin improves insulin resistance and modulates adipokine expression in rats fed a high-fat dietWei Zhang
Xiamen Diabetes Institute, 55 Zhen Hai Road, Xiamen 361003, PR China
Eur J Pharmacol 649:398-402. 2010..Collectively, we revealed that puerarin could improve body weight gain, glucose/insulin intolerance and adipokine expression in HFD-induced insulin resistant rats, indicating its potential value for treatment of metabolic syndrome...
- Comparison of toxicokinetic and tissue distribution of triptolide-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles vs free triptolide in ratsMei Xue
Xiamen Diabetes Institute, The First Affiliated Hospital of Xiamen University, No 55, Zhenhai Road, Xiamen 361003, China
Eur J Pharm Sci 47:713-7. 2012..At multiple time points, testicular tissue TP concentrations were lower in the TP-SLN group than in free TP group. This provides an important clue for the decreased reproductive toxicity observed with TP-SLN...