Affiliation: Fudan University
- Combination of SLC administration and Tregs depletion is an attractive strategy for targeting hepatocellular carcinomaLong Chen
Principle Investigator of the Lab of Tumor Immunology, the Department of Anatomy and Histology and Embryology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, 138 Yixueyuan Road, Shanghai 200032, P R China
Mol Cancer 12:153. 2013..We hypothesized that the intratumoral injections of SLC and depletion of Tregs would have stronger inhibition effects on the progression of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in mice...
- Computer aided quantification for retinal lesions in patients with moderate and severe non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy: a retrospective cohort studyHuiqun Wu
Department of Medical Informatics, Medical School of Nantong University, Nantong 226001, China
BMC Ophthalmol 14:126. 2014..The traditional subjective judgments by clinicians are dependent on their experience and can be subject to lack of consistency and therefore a quantification method is worthwhile...
- Special role of Foxp3 for the specifically altered microRNAs in Regulatory T cells of HCC patientsLong Chen
Lab of Tumor Immunology, Department of Anatomy and Histology and Embryology, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University, 138 Yixueyuan Road, 200032 Shanghai, PR China
BMC Cancer 14:489. 2014..The microRNAs (miRNAs) are identified as the key modulators in Tregs. This study was to explore whether the expression profiles of miRNAs of Tregs were different in HCC-activated Tregs and whether Foxp3 had special effects on them...
- Modulation of retinal cell populations and eye size in retinoic acid receptor knockout miceG Zhou
Center for Neuroscience, University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Mol Vis 7:253-60. 2001..Rara is of particular interest because this gene is a candidate for Nnc1, a QTL that controls retinal ganglion cell proliferation...
- Eye1 and Eye2: gene loci that modulate eye size, lens weight, and retinal area in the mouseG Zhou
Center for Neuroscience and the Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Tennessee, Memphis 38163, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 40:817-25. 1999..The genetic basis of variation in eye size in mice was explored, and genes that modulate eye weight, lens weight, and retinal area were mapped...
- Genetic dissection of retinal developmentR W Williams
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology and the Center for Neuroscience, University of Tennessee, 855 Monroe Avenune, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Semin Cell Dev Biol 9:249-55. 1998..Here we review this approach and give three specific examples of how genes with well-defined functions in retinal development are being mapped and characterized...
- Miniaturized pyrosequencer for DNA analysis with capillaries to deliver deoxynucleotidesG Zhou
Hitachi, Ltd, Central Research Laboratory, Tokyo, Japan
Electrophoresis 22:3497-504. 2001..The new system is successfully applied to sequence a GC rich region or a region close to a priming region where misreading frequently occurs. A rapid analysis for a short DNA was easily achieved with this small instrument...
- [Isolation of high-quality genomic DNA from plants]Z Y Luo
Molecular Biology Research Center, Xiangya Medical College, Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Hunan Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 26:178-80. 2001..We expect that this method can also be applied to other plants...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms and haplotypes of histamine N-methyltransferase in patients with gastric ulcerG L Chen
Pharmacogenetics Research Institute, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Central South University, 410078 Changsha, Hunan, P R China
Inflamm Res 53:484-8. 2004..Histamine N-methyltransferase (HNMT) is the major metabolizing enzyme for histamine inactivation in human stomach...
- A Chinese isolate of barley yellow dwarf virus-PAV represents a third distinct species within the PAV serotypeF Liu
State Key Laboratory for Biology of Plant Diseases and Insect Pests, Institute of Plant Protection, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing, PR China
Arch Virol 152:1365-73. 2007..These data suggest that PAV-CN may have undergone a recombination event with GAV and that PAV-CN represents a third distinct species within the PAV serotype of BYDV...
- Dual mechanisms of ABCA1 regulation by geranylgeranyl pyrophosphateX Gan
Department of Atherosclerosis and Endocrinology, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
J Biol Chem 276:48702-8. 2001..These data indicate that activation of the Rho proteins may change the activation status of LXR...
- The pattern of gene expression in mouse Gr-1(+) myeloid progenitor cellsJ Chen
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, 5841 S. Maryland, MC2115, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Genomics 77:149-62. 2001..Our data provide a basis for studying altered gene expression in myeloid disorders using mouse models...
- Quantitative detection of single nucleotide polymorphisms for a pooled sample by a bioluminometric assay coupled with modified primer extension reactions (BAMPER)G Zhou
Hitachi Ltd, Central Research Laboratory, 1-280 Higashi-Koigakubo, Kokubunji-shi, Tokyo 185-8601, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 29:E93. 2001..The method is sensitive enough to detect 14 amol ssM13 DNA. The proposed method seems very promising in terms of realizing a cost-effective, large-scale human genetic testing system...
- Generation of high-quantity and quality tag/ditag cDNAs for SAGE analysisS Lee
University of Chicago Medical Center, 5841 S. Maryland MC2115, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Biotechniques 31:348-50, 352-4. 2001..These modifications provide a large quantity of initial 3' cDNAs and high-quality tags and ditags for the construction of SAGE libraries...
- 27-hydroxycholesterol is an endogenous ligand for liver X receptor in cholesterol-loaded cellsX Fu
Department of Atherosclerosis and Endocrinology, and Metabolic Research, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
J Biol Chem 276:38378-87. 2001..We conclude that 27-hydroxylation of cholesterol is an important pathway for LXR activation in response to cholesterol overload...
- Differential gene regulation in human versus rodent hepatocytes by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) alpha. PPAR alpha fails to induce peroxisome proliferation-associated genes in human cells independently of the level of receptor expressoJ W Lawrence
Department of Safety Assessment, Merck Research Laboratories, Merck and Co, Inc, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Biol Chem 276:31521-7. 2001..These results suggest that other factors besides PPAR alpha levels determine the species-specific response of human and rat hepatocytes to the induction of PP...
- Partial cloning and sequencing of chick fibrillin-1 cDNAG Zhou
Munroe Center for Human Genetics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198 5430, USA
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 36:19-25. 2000..Antisense and sense riboprobes were synthesized and used in in situ hybridization in stage 14 chick embryos and high levels of FBN1 transcripts were observed in the heart...
- The orphan nuclear receptor COUP-TFII is required for angiogenesis and heart developmentF A Pereira
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030 USA
Genes Dev 13:1037-49. 1999..This down-regulation suggests that COUP-TFII may be required for bidirectional signaling between the endothelial and mesenchymal compartments essential for proper angiogenesis and heart development...
- Two genes for de novo purine nucleotide synthesis on human chromosome 4 are closely linked and divergently transcribedK A Brayton
Department of Biochemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907
J Biol Chem 269:5313-21. 1994..Expression of a luciferase reporter from the GPAT promoter was approximately 3-4-fold higher than from the AIRC promoter. The GPAT gene was mapped to the q12 region of chromosome 4...
- Components of a new human protein kinase signal transduction pathwayG Zhou
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0606, USA
J Biol Chem 270:12665-9. 1995..Both MEK5 and ERK5 are expressed in many adult tissue and are abundant in heart and skeletal muscle. A recombinant GST-ERK5 kinase domain displays autophosphorylation on Ser/Thr and Tyr residues...