Shi Xiong Cao
- Why large-scale afforestation efforts in China have failed to solve the desertification problemShixiong Cao
College of Economics and Management, China Agricultural University, Beijing
Environ Sci Technol 42:1826-31. 2008
- Disharmony between society and environmental carrying capacity: a historical review, with an emphasis on ChinaShixiong Cao
College of Economics and Management, China Agriculture University, Beijing
Ambio 36:409-15. 2007..Furthermore, we emphasize how this awareness must be translated into fundamental political and economic changes...
- Ecosystem water imbalances created during ecological restoration by afforestation in China, and lessons for other developing countriesShixiong Cao
School of Environment, Beijing Normal University, No 19, Xinjiekouwai Street, Beijing, 100875, PR China College of Economic Management, Beijing Forestry University, No 35, Qinghuadong Road, Haidian District, Beijing, 100083, PR China Electronic address
J Environ Manage 183:843-849. 2016..Our analysis shows how, both in China and around the world, future ecological restoration planning must account for the water balance to ensure effective and sustainable environmental restoration policy...
- Escaping the resource curse in ChinaShixiong Cao
College of Urban and Environmental Science, Northwest University, No 229, Taibai North Road, Xi an, 710069, People s Republic of China
Ambio 44:1-6. 2015....
- Greening China naturallyShixiong Cao
Key Laboratory of Soil and Water Conservation and Combat, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing, China
Ambio 40:828-31. 2011..In addition, long-term monitoring must be implemented to provide the data needed to develop a cost-effective, scientifically informed restoration policy...
- Remembering the ultimate goal of environmental protection: including protection of impoverished citizens in China's environmental policyShixiong Cao
College of Soil and Water Conservation, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing, China
Ambio 39:439-42. 2010..The elimination of poverty by the development of sustainable, long-term enterprises is a precondition for successful ecological restoration...
- Damage caused to the environment by reforestation policies in arid and semi-arid areas of ChinaShixiong Cao
Soil and Water Conservation College, Beijing Forestry University, Haidian District, People s Republic of China
Ambio 39:279-83. 2010....
- Dealing with China's future population decline: a proposal for replacing low birth rates with sustainable ratesShixiong Cao
College of Soil and Water Conservation, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing, P R China
J Biosoc Sci 41:693-6. 2009....
- Development and testing of a sustainable environmental restoration policy on eradicating the poverty trap in China's Changting CountyShixiong Cao
College of Water and Soil Conservation, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing 100083, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:10712-6. 2009..In contrast, measures to eliminate poverty, combined with the development of green enterprises that improve the livelihoods of private land owners in the long term, is the precondition for successful ecological restoration...
- [Grain for Green Project: willingness evaluation of the farmers in northern Shaanxi Province of China]Shi Xiong Cao
College of Soil and Water Conservation, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing 100083, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 20:426-34. 2009....
- An investigation of Chinese attitudes toward the environment: case study using the Grain for Green ProjectShixiong Cao
Soil and Water Conservation College, Beijing Foresty University, China
Ambio 38:55-64. 2009..Based on these results, we propose that successful environmental restoration projects must include both an education component and an economic development component...
- [Investigation and analysis of China residents' environmental conservation desire]Shi Xiong Cao
College of Economics and Management, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 18:2104-10. 2007..The environment policy-making should put more emphasis on developing economics, strengthening education, and improving residents' livelihood...
- [Soft-ridged bench terrace design in hilly loess region]Shixiong Cao
Regional Agriculture Research and Development Centre, College of Agronomy and Biotechnology, China Agriculture University, Beijing 100094, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 16:1443-9. 2005....
- An investigation of women's attitudes towards fertility and China's family planning policyShixiong Cao
College of Soil and Water Conservation, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing, PR China
J Biosoc Sci 42:359-75. 2010..Therefore, China's policy-makers must begin planning to adjust their policy by encouraging women to give birth to more than one child...