- Multiple sex partner behavior in female undergraduate students in China: a multi-campus surveyHong Yan
School of Public Health of Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei, PR China
BMC Public Health 9:305. 2009..China is realizing increases in women engaged in premarital sex and multiple sex partner behavior. Our aim was to examine prevalence and determinants of multiple sex partner behavior among female undergraduates in China...
- Gene expression in benzene-exposed workers by microarray analysis of peripheral mononuclear blood cells: induction and silencing of CYP4F3A and regulation of DNA-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit in DNA double strand break repairYongyi Bi
School of Public Health, Wuhan University, 185 Donghu Rd, Wuhan, Hubei 430071, China
Chem Biol Interact 184:207-11. 2010..Induction of the genes may play a role in the pathogenesis of benzene hematotoxicity and serve as biomarkers of benzene exposure...
- Regulation of PKM2 and Nrf2-ARE pathway during benzoquinone induced oxidative stress in yolk sac hematopoietic stem cellsJie Zhu
School of Public Health, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei, P R China Hubei Key Laboratory of Allergy and Immune related Diseases, Wuhan, Hubei, P R China Hubei Biomass resource Chemistry and Environmental Biotechnology Key Laboratory, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei, P R China
PLoS ONE 9:e113733. 2014..The accumulated ROS may attenuate the expression of PKM2, a key regulator of the pyruvate metabolism and glycolysis. ..
- Induction of CYP4F3 by benzene metabolites in human white blood cells in vivo in human promyelocytic leukemic cell lines and ex vivo in human blood neutrophilsZhiwei Zhao
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, School of Public Health, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Drug Metab Dispos 37:282-91. 2009..Induction of CYP4F3 may play a role in the development of benzene hematotoxicity and serve as a biomarker of benzene exposure...
- Comparison of toxicity of benzene metabolite hydroquinone in hematopoietic stem cells derived from murine embryonic yolk sac and adult bone marrowJie Zhu
School of Public Health, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei, P R China
PLoS ONE 8:e71153. 2013..The study established an experimental system for comparison of the hematopoietic toxicity and leukemogenicity of benzene and metabolites during mouse embryonic development and adulthood. ..
- Maternal benzene exposure during pregnancy and risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a meta-analysis of epidemiologic studiesYanfeng Zhou
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, School of Public Health, Wuhan University, Wuhan, P R China
PLoS ONE 9:e110466. 2014..Therefore, we performed a meta-analysis to investigate the association between maternal solvent, paint, petroleum exposure, and smoking during pregnancy and risk of childhood ALL...
- Stem cell and benzene-induced malignancy and hematotoxicityLiping Wang
Department of Occupational and Environmental Toxicology, School of Public Health, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Chem Res Toxicol 25:1303-15. 2012....
- The aryl hydrocarbon receptor interacts with nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 to mediate induction of NAD(P)H:quinoneoxidoreductase 1 by 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxinLiping Wang
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, School of Public Health, Wuhan University, China
Arch Biochem Biophys 537:31-8. 2013..The findings reveal that TCDD induces multi protein complexes to mediate cross-interaction between the AhR and Nrf2 pathways, uncovering a novel mechanistic aspect of gene regulation by environmental chemicals through AhR and Nrf2...
- Relationship of blood levels of Pb with Cu, Zn, Ca, Mg, Fe, and Hb in children aged 0 ∼ 6 years from Wuhan, ChinaJingping Ye
Department of Toxicology, School of Public Health, Wuhan University, Donghu Road 115, Wuhan, 430071, People s Republic of China
Biol Trace Elem Res 164:18-24. 2015..The deficiency of Cu, Mg, and Fe may indicate the elevation of lead absorption. The dietary supplement of Zn, Ca, and Fe in children requires more attention...
- Prevalence of pneumoconiosis in Hubei, China from 2008 to 2013Ying Xia
School of Public Health, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430079, China
Int J Environ Res Public Health 11:8612-21. 2014..The current situation of pneumoconiosis in China is serious. Lack of attention to occupational health, inefficient surveillance, and weak occupational health services may have contributed to the increased new pneumoconiosis cases. ..
- A cross-sectional study on health-related knowledge and its predictors among Chinese vocational college studentsWeina Wang
Wuhan University School of Public Health, Wuhan, China Nanyang Medical College, Nanyang, China
BMJ Open 4:e005182. 2014..This study sought to examine the level of health-related knowledge and its predictors among vocational college students in China...
- Family and peer influences on sexual behavior among female college students in Wuhan, ChinaHong Yan
School of Public Health, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei, China
Women Health 50:767-82. 2010..Interventions to protect young women from sexually transmitted diseases need to target early sex education and address peer and parents influences...
- Sodium ferulate modified gene expression profile of oxidized low-density lipoprotein-stimulated human umbilical vein endothelial cellsDongxian Zhang
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, School of Public Health, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei, PR China
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 14:302-13. 2009....