F Perez Bravo
Affiliation: Universidad de Chile
- Transmission of high-risk HLA-DQB1 alleles in Chilean type 1 diabetic patients and their parents: stratification by the presence of ICA or GAD65 autoantibodiesF Perez-Bravo
Molecular Biology Laboratory, INTA, University of Chile, Santiago, Spain
Autoimmunity 33:285-91. 2001....
- [Auto-antibody profile and breast feeding in type 1 diabetic patients]F Perez-Bravo
Unidad de Nutrición Pública, Laboratorio de Biologia Molecular, Instituto de Nutricion y Tecnologia de los Alimentos INTA, Universidad de Chile, Casilla 138 11 Santiago, Chile
Rev Med Chil 129:611-9. 2001..Breast feeding duration and the early exposure to milk substitutes are environmental factors associated to etiology of type 1 diabetes...
- Prevalence of type 2 diabetes and obesity in rural Mapuche population from ChileF Perez-Bravo
Molecular Biology Laboratory, INTA University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Nutrition 17:236-8. 2001..The prevalence estimated in this study is higher than that reported 15 y ago. This suggests an important role of lifestyle changes as a possible explanation for epidemiologic transition...
- Duration of breast feeding and bovine serum albumin antibody levels in type 1 diabetes: a case-control studyFrancisco Perez-Bravo
Genetic Epidemiology Laboratory, Nutrition and Food Technology Institute INTA, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Pediatr Diabetes 4:157-61. 2003....
- [Obesity and leptin association in three Chilean aboriginal populations]F Perez
Unidades de Biología Molecular y Epidemiología Nutricional, INTA, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Rev Med Chil 128:45-52. 2000..Although there is a clear relationship between body mass index and leptin levels, few authors have addressed the possible influence of ethnic factors on these levels...
- [Prevalence of obesity, hypertension and dyslipidemia in rural aboriginal groups in Chile]F Perez
Unidad de Nutrición Pública, Instituto de Nutricion y Tecnologia de los Alimentos INTA, Universidad de Chile, Santiago
Rev Med Chil 127:1169-75. 1999..The investigation of a possible relationship between this low prevalence of diabetes and obesity, hypertension and serum lipid profiles in both groups is worthwhile...
- Association between aminolevulinate dehydrase genotypes and blood lead levels in children from a lead-contaminated area in Antofagasta, ChileF Perez-Bravo
Unidad de Nutrición Pública, Programa de Epidemiología Genética, Instituto de Nutricion y Tecnologia de los Alimentos, Universidad de Chile, PO Box 138 11, Santiago, Chile
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 47:276-80. 2004....
- [HLA haplotypes in families with type 1 diabetes]F Perez
Departamento de Medicina, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Hospital San Juan de Dios, Santiago de Chile
Rev Med Chil 126:1455-63. 1998..HLA-DQA1 and DQB1 alleles have been chosen as the most sensitive susceptibility markers. Family studies are a good method to establish specific relationship between type 1 diabetes and specific haplotypes as risk markers for the disease...
- Genetic differences in HLA-DQA1* and DQB1* allelic distributions between celiac and control children in Santiago, ChileF Perez-Bravo
Molecular Biology Laboratory, Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology INTA, University of Chile, Santiago
Hum Immunol 60:262-7. 1999..This is concordant with the high frequency of DR4 alleles (in linkage disequilibrium with DQB1*0302) detected in Amerind groups in Chile, where DQB1*0302 is more frequent than DQB1*0201...
- [Lipoprotein lipase gene polymorphism in non-insulin-dependent diabetics: preliminary study]F Perez
INTA, Universidad de Chile, Santiago
Rev Med Chil 125:1329-34. 1997..Lipoprotein lipase plays a crucial role in plasma lipoprotein metabolism. Several lipoprotein lipase gene polymorphisms have been found associated with lipid levels, premature atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease...
- Lack of association between the fatty acid binding protein 2 (FABP2) polymorphism with obesity and insulin resistance in two aboriginal populations from ChileF Perez-Bravo
Department of Public Nutrition Genetic Epidemiology Unit, Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology INTA, University of Chile, Santiago, P O Box 138 11, Chile
Acta Diabetol 43:93-8. 2006..37, 95% CI 1.319-4.277, p=0.004) It is unlikely that Ala54Thr polymorphism of the FABP2 gene plays a relevant role in obesity and insulin resistance in Chilean ethnic groups...
- Incidence rate of type 1 diabetes in Santiago (Chile) by HLA-DQA1 and DQB1 genotypesN Diaz
Genetics and Metabolic Diseases Program, Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Eur J Epidemiol 18:787-92. 2003..26-78.67). This study shows an application on how a transformation of the logistic equation based on Bayes' theorem can be used to estimate incidence rates from case-control studies and population-based incidence rates...
- Maternal serum androgens in pregnant women with polycystic ovarian syndrome: possible implications in prenatal androgenizationT Sir-Petermann
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, San Juan de Dios Hospital, School of Medicine, University of Chile, Chile
Hum Reprod 17:2573-9. 2002....
- Different statistical models used in the calculation of the prevalence of insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus according to the polymorphism of the HLA-DQ regionJ L Santos Martín
Department of Nutritional Epidemiology, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Immunol Cell Biol 75:351-5. 1997..These approaches are illustrated with data from a case-control study previously conducted in the city of Santiago, Chile...
- Prevalence of Type II diabetes mellitus and insulin resistance in parents of women with polycystic ovary syndromeT Sir-Petermann
Laboratory of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, San Juan de Dios Hospital and Food Technology Institute, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Diabetologia 45:959-64. 2002..To investigate antecedents of metabolic disorders in family members of patients with PCOS, we evaluated glucose tolerance and insulin resistance in parents of patients with PCOS compared to parents of healthy women...
- Low prevalence of type 2 diabetes despite a high average body mass index in the Aymara natives from ChileJ L Santos
Laboratory of Epidemiology, Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Nutrition 17:305-9. 2001..5%), high physical activity levels and low plasma-insulin concentrations may have been responsible in part for the low prevalence of DM2 in the Aymara population...
- Association between HLA-DQB1 alleles and type 1 diabetes in a case-parents study conducted in Santiago, ChileJ L Santos
Department of Epidemiology, Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology INTA, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Am J Epidemiol 153:794-8. 2001..9, 11.6); DQB1(*)0301 was considered the baseline allele. When case-parents trios were used, alleles DQB1(*)0302 and DQB1(*)0201 were strongly associated with a higher risk of type 1 diabetes in the population of SANTIAGO:..
- Plasma leptin and insulin levels in Aymara natives from ChileJ L Santos
Department of Epidemiology, Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology, University of Chile, Santiago
Ann Hum Biol 27:271-9. 2000..9) were detected at alpha 0.05 level. Thus, in the special ecosystem where the Aymara population live, a strong and independent association between sex, obesity and insulin levels with plasma leptin levels has been detected...
- Applicability of the case-parent design in the etiological research of Type 1 diabetes in Chile and other genetically mixed populationsJ L Santos
Department of Nutritional Epidemiology, Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology INTA, University of Chile, Santiago
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 43:143-6. 1999....
- Adiposity and bone mineral density of Chilean elderly women in relation to toll-like receptor 4 gene polymorphismsJ L Santos
Laboratory of Genetic and Nutrition Epidemiology, Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology INTA, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Ann Hum Biol 33:585-92. 2006..On the other hand, the adipose tissue of obese subjects shows an increased expression of the proinflammatory cytokine, tumour necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha), which is released after lipopolysaccharide recognition by TLR4...
- [Polycystic ovary syndrome: the importance of establishing diagnosis]T Sir-Petermann
Laboratorio de Endocrinología y Metabolismo, Unidad de Endocrinologia, Departamento de Medicina, Facultad de Medicina Occidente, Universidad de Chile
Rev Med Chil 129:805-12. 2001..For that reason, PCOS might be considered a signal of a family disorder, a route to diabetes and a public health problem...