- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: clinical use and perspectivesFrancisco Barriga
Department of Pediatrics and Hematology Oncology, Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Biol Res 45:307-16. 2012..We present an overview of the procedure from its cradle to the most novel applications, as well as the results of the HSC transplant program developed at our institution since 1989...
- [Treatment of acquired severe aplastic anemia in pediatric patients with immunosuppression and allogeneic stem cell hematopoietic transplant]Francisco Barriga C
Departamento de Pediatria, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Rev Med Chil 135:1421-8. 2007....
- [Disseminated and fatal adenovirus infection in an immunocompromised child]Katia Abarca V
Escuela de Medicina, Departamento de Pediatria, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Chile
Rev Chilena Infectol 25:127-32. 2008..This case should alert clinicians to suspect and study this agent in high risk patients and highlights the importance of having antiviral drugs for ADV available in Chile...
- [Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for patients with Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome]María Angélica Wietstruck P
Departamento de Pediatria, Escuela de Medicina, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Rev Med Chil 135:917-23. 2007..The only curative procedure for this illness is hematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT), preferably from a healthy HLA identical sibling donor. Cord blood is becoming an excellent alternative as stem cell source from unrelated donors...
- [Reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome in patients with immunosuppressive treatment: report of four cases]Marta Hernández Ch
Departamento de Pediatria, Sección Neurología Infantil, Facultad de Medicina, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Lira 81, Santiago, Chile
Rev Med Chil 136:93-8. 2008..All received antiepileptic drugs and immunosuppressive therapy was changed or decreased, with complete clinical recovery...