- The correlation of adhesions and peritoneal fluid cytokine concentrations: a pilot study
Y C Cheong
Section of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, The Jessop Wing, Central Sheffield University Hospitals, Tree Root Walk, Sheffield S10 2SF, UK
Hum Reprod 17:1039-45. 2002
- Acupuncture and assisted conception
Ying C Cheong
Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Southampton, Level F, Princess Anne Hospital, Coxford Road, Southampton, UK, SO16 5YA
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2008
..Acupuncture has recently been studied in assisted reproductive treatment (ART) although its role in reproductive medicine is still debated...
- Acupuncture and assisted reproductive technology
Ying C Cheong
Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2013
..Acupuncture is commonly undertaken during an assisted reproductive technology (ART) cycle although its role in improving live birth and pregnancy rates is unclear...
- Peritoneal closure--to close or not to close
Y C Cheong
The Jessop Hospital for Women, Leavygreave Road, Sheffield S3 7RE, UK
Hum Reprod 16:1548-52. 2001
..More studies are needed to examine the long-term morbidity associated with the closure or the non-closure of the peritoneum...
- Controversies in the management of ectopic pregnancy
Academic Unit of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, Jessop Wing, Tree Root Walk, Sheffield S10 2SF, UK
Reprod Biomed Online 15:396-402. 2007
..A variable dosing methotrexate regimen is more effective compared with single dose regimen, and the fixed multiple regimen is associated with a high rate of side effects...
- Chronic pelvic pain: aetiology and therapy
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Academic Unit of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, Level 4, Jessop Wing, Tree Root Walk, Sheffield S10 2SF, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 20:695-711. 2006
..Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressants have not been shown to be of benefit in CPP. Most of these conclusions are based on the outcome of single randomised trials and therefore need replication...
- Peritoneal fluid concentrations of matrix metalloproteinase-9, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1, and transforming growth factor-beta in women with pelvic adhesions
Ying C Cheong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St Mary s Hospital, Milton Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 79:1168-75. 2003
- Peritoneal healing and adhesion formation/reformation
Y C Cheong
The Jessop Hospital for Women, Sheffield, UK
Hum Reprod Update 7:556-66. 2001
..The potential sources of variability and error are examined. It is still unclear if there is significant individual variation in the peritoneal response to injury...
- IL-1, IL-6 and TNF-alpha concentrations in the peritoneal fluid of women with pelvic adhesions
Y C Cheong
The Jessop Wing, Central Sheffield University Hospitals, Tree Root Walk, Sheffield, S10 2PS, UK
Hum Reprod 17:69-75. 2002
..The three pro-inflammatory cytokines interleukin (IL)-1, IL-6 and tumour necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha are involved in adhesion formation/reformation...
- Variation in stability of housekeeping genes in healthy and adhesion-related mesothelium
Khaled Hassan Sadek
Human Development and Health Unit, University of Southampton Faculty of Medicine, Southampton, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 98:1023-7. 2012
..However, recent evidence suggests that this is not true for all HKG and that stability may be tissue specific and affected by certain pathologies...
- Hypothesis: Role for the circadian Clock system and sleep in the pathogenesis of adhesions and chronic pelvic pain?
Division of Developmental Origins of Health and Disease DOHaD, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Coxford Road, Southampton SO16 5YA, United Kingdom
Med Hypotheses 76:453-6. 2011
..Our hypothesis takes into consideration and utilises current understanding in the field uniting individual principles. Moreover; this hypothesis suggests strategies for optimising existing therapeutic interventions...
- Acupuncture and herbal medicine in in vitro fertilisation: a review of the evidence for clinical practice
Division of Developmental Origins of Adult Diseases, University of Southampton School of Medicine DOHaD, Level F, Princess Anne Hospital, Southampton, UK
Hum Fertil (Camb) 13:3-12. 2010
..Essential elements for a quality RCT will be the size of the trial, the use of a standardised acupuncture method and of placebo needles...
- Uterine secretomics: a window on the maternal-embryo interface
Princess Anne Hospital, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 99:1093-9. 2013
..Finally, the role of uterine secretions in nutrition and early development programming of the embryo is considered...
- Randomized Controlled Trial of Hyalobarrier® Versus No Hyalobarrier® on the Ovulatory Status of Women with Periovarian Adhesions: A Pilot Study
Southampton University Hospital Foundation NHS Trust, Southampton, UK
Adv Ther . 2016
- Diet-induced maternal obesity alters ovarian morphology and gene expression in the adult mouse offspring
Institute of Developmental Sciences, University of Southampton Faculty of Medicine, Southampton, United Kingdom Princess Anne Hospital, Southampton University Hospital NHS Trust, Southampton, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 102:899-907. 2014
..To examine the effects of high-fat (HF) diet-induced maternal obesity on follicular population and gene expression in adult offspring ovaries...
- A feasibility study for a randomised controlled trial of the Positive Reappraisal Coping Intervention, a novel supportive technique for recurrent miscarriage
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
BMJ Open 5:e007322. 2015
..The primary objective of this study is to assess the feasibility and effectiveness of the PRCI in improving quality of life in the difficult waiting period which women with previous RM endure before an ongoing pregnancy can be confirmed...
- A review of techniques for adhesion prevention after gynaecological surgery
The Jessop Wing, Sheffield University and Teaching Hospitals, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 20:345-52. 2008
..To explore recent developments in the techniques used for the prevention of adhesion formation after gynaecological surgery as well as the current evidence for existing agents and techniques...