- A systematic review and meta-analysis evaluating the role of laparoscopic surgical resection of transverse colon tumours
Royal Marsden Hospital, Downs Road, Sutton, Surrey, London, SM2 5PT, UK
Surg Endosc 28:3263-72. 2014
..A meta-analysis of published literature comparing outcomes after laparoscopic resection (LR) with open resection (OR) for transverse colon tumours...
- Mucinous carcinoma of the rectum: a distinct clinicopathological entity
Royal Marsden Hospital, Downs Road, Sutton, SM2 5PT, UK
Tech Coloproctol 18:335-44. 2014
..The aim of this review was to present the current evidence on the clinicopathological characteristics of mucinous tumours of the rectum...
- Laparoscopic surgery for rectal cancer
Royal Marsden Hospital, Specialist Registrar Surgery, Sutton SM2 5PT, UK
J R Soc Med 105:429-35. 2012
..We present the challenges associated with laparoscopic rectal cancer surgery and explain that appropriate patient selection, surgical planning and laparoscopic experience are the key to successful outcomes...
- Mesh erosion following laparoscopic incisional hernia repair
Department of Surgery, Basingstoke and North Hampshire Foundation Trust, Basingstoke, UK
Hernia 16:223-6. 2012
..The mesh may migrate, become infected or erode into adjacent structures. We describe the case of a woman who underwent laparoscopic incisional hernia repair with subsequent erosion of the mesh into the bladder...
- A simple case of appendicitis? An increasingly recognised pitfall
Department of Surgery, Poole Hospital, Poole, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 89:W1-3. 2007
..An open omentectomy was performed and 2 months on she remains well...
- How and why do we measure surgical risk?
Southampton Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton, Hampshire SO16 6YD, UK
J R Soc Med 100:508-12. 2007
- Intussusception in colorectal cancer
Poole General Hospital, Dorset, United Kingdom
Clin Colorectal Cancer 7:204-5. 2008
..These cases highlight the difficulty of diagnosing intermittent adult intussusception and that atypical abdominal pain might herald an otherwise occult colorectal cancer...
- Timely closure of loop ileostomy following anterior resection for rectal cancer
Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 17:611-5. 2008
..For those patients who are to undergo adjuvant chemotherapy, we aim to perform this surgery in between the second and third cycles of treatment...
- Preservation of the lateral thoracic vein in axillary dissection - its role in breast reconstruction using the DIEP flap
Southampton General Hospital, Hampshire, UK
Breast 18:69-70. 2009
..We describe the use of the lateral thoracic vein as a salvage option in the Deep Inferior Epigastric Perforator (DIEP) flap and encourage surgeons to preserve this vessels when appropriate and safe to do so...
- A diagnostic dilemma following risk-reducing surgery for BRCA1 mutation - a case report of primary papillary serous carcinoma presenting as sigmoid cancer
Poole General Hospital, Longfleet Road, Poole, Dorset, BH152JB, UK
World J Surg Oncol 5:102. 2007
..Risk-reducing surgery in the form of mastectomy and oophorectomy in premenopausal women has been recommended to prevent breast and ovarian cancer occurrence and decrease the risk of developing primary peritoneal cancer...
- FDG PET/CT Can Assess the Response of Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer to Neoadjuvant Chemoradiotherapy: Evidence From Meta-analysis and Systematic Review
From the Croydon University Hospital, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust, Croydon Yeovil District Hospital, Higher Kingston, Yeovil, Somerset and University College Hospital, University College Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, London, United Kingdom
Clin Nucl Med 41:371-5. 2016
..Optimal radiological assessment of CRT response is unknown, and metabolic assessment of the tumor has been suggested to gauge response before surgical resection...
- Systematic review of prognostic importance of extramural venous invasion in rectal cancer
Manish Chand, Muhammed RS Siddiqui, Gina Brown, Royal Marsden Hospital, London SM2 5PT, United Kingdom
World J Gastroenterol 22:1721-6. 2016
..To systematically review the survival outcomes relating to extramural venous invasion in rectal cancer...