- A systematic review and meta-analysis evaluating the role of laparoscopic surgical resection of transverse colon tumours
Royal Marsden Hospital, Downs Road, Sutton, Surrey, London, SM2 5PT, UK
Surg Endosc 28:3263-72. 2014
..A meta-analysis of published literature comparing outcomes after laparoscopic resection (LR) with open resection (OR) for transverse colon tumours...
- Mucinous carcinoma of the rectum: a distinct clinicopathological entity
Royal Marsden Hospital, Downs Road, Sutton, SM2 5PT, UK
Tech Coloproctol 18:335-44. 2014
..The aim of this review was to present the current evidence on the clinicopathological characteristics of mucinous tumours of the rectum...
- Laparoscopic surgery for rectal cancer
Royal Marsden Hospital, Specialist Registrar Surgery, Sutton SM2 5PT, UK
J R Soc Med 105:429-35. 2012
..We present the challenges associated with laparoscopic rectal cancer surgery and explain that appropriate patient selection, surgical planning and laparoscopic experience are the key to successful outcomes...
- Mesh erosion following laparoscopic incisional hernia repair
Department of Surgery, Basingstoke and North Hampshire Foundation Trust, Basingstoke, UK
Hernia 16:223-6. 2012
..The mesh may migrate, become infected or erode into adjacent structures. We describe the case of a woman who underwent laparoscopic incisional hernia repair with subsequent erosion of the mesh into the bladder...
- Preservation of the lateral thoracic vein in axillary dissection - its role in breast reconstruction using the DIEP flap
Southampton General Hospital, Hampshire, UK
Breast 18:69-70. 2009
..We describe the use of the lateral thoracic vein as a salvage option in the Deep Inferior Epigastric Perforator (DIEP) flap and encourage surgeons to preserve this vessels when appropriate and safe to do so...
- Timely closure of loop ileostomy following anterior resection for rectal cancer
Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 17:611-5. 2008
..For those patients who are to undergo adjuvant chemotherapy, we aim to perform this surgery in between the second and third cycles of treatment...
- Intussusception in colorectal cancer
Poole General Hospital, Dorset, United Kingdom
Clin Colorectal Cancer 7:204-5. 2008
..These cases highlight the difficulty of diagnosing intermittent adult intussusception and that atypical abdominal pain might herald an otherwise occult colorectal cancer...
- How and why do we measure surgical risk?
Southampton Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton, Hampshire SO16 6YD, UK
J R Soc Med 100:508-12. 2007
- A simple case of appendicitis? An increasingly recognised pitfall
Department of Surgery, Poole Hospital, Poole, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 89:W1-3. 2007
..An open omentectomy was performed and 2 months on she remains well...
- A diagnostic dilemma following risk-reducing surgery for BRCA1 mutation - a case report of primary papillary serous carcinoma presenting as sigmoid cancer
Poole General Hospital, Longfleet Road, Poole, Dorset, BH152JB, UK
World J Surg Oncol 5:102. 2007
..Risk-reducing surgery in the form of mastectomy and oophorectomy in premenopausal women has been recommended to prevent breast and ovarian cancer occurrence and decrease the risk of developing primary peritoneal cancer...