- Pre-Lamin A processing is linked to heterochromatin organization
IGM, CNR, Unit of Bologna, c o IOR, Bologna, Italy
J Cell Biochem 102:1149-59. 2007
..Our data show a link between pre-lamin A processing and heterochromatin remodeling and have major implications for understanding molecular mechanisms of human diseases linked to mutations in lamins...
- Interleukin-1-receptor-associated kinase 2 (IRAK2)-mediated interleukin-1-dependent nuclear factor kappaB transactivation in Saos2 cells requires the Akt/protein kinase B kinase
Laboratory of Cell Biology and Electron Microscopy, Codivilla Putti Research Institute, Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute, Via Di Barbiano 1 10, 40136 Bologna, Italy
Biochem J 376:303-11. 2003
- Sensitization of multidrug resistant human ostesarcoma cells to Apo2 Ligand/TRAIL-induced apoptosis by inhibition of the Akt/PKB kinase
Laboratory of Cell Biology and Electron Microscopy, Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute, Via Di Barbiano 1 10, I 40136 Bologna, Italy
Int J Oncol 25:1599-608. 2004
..Moreover, the discovery that multidrug resistant osteosarcomas are highly sensitive to TRAIL-induced apoptosis indicates TRAIL as a new candidate for the treatment of multidrug resistant bone malignancies...
- Ankrd2/ARPP is a novel Akt2 specific substrate and regulates myogenic differentiation upon cellular exposure to H(2)O(2)
IGM CNR, Unit of Bologna c o IOR, 40136 Bologna, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 22:2946-56. 2011
- Altered chromatin organization and SUN2 localization in mandibuloacral dysplasia are rescued by drug treatment
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Unit of Bologna IOR, National Research Council of Italy CNR, Via Di Barbiano 1 10, 40136 Bologna, Italy
Histochem Cell Biol 138:643-51. 2012
- Laminopathies and lamin-associated signaling pathways
Nadir M Maraldi
Laboratory of Musculoskeletal Cell Biology, Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute, Bologna, Italy
J Cell Biochem 112:979-92. 2011
..In this review, both aspects of lamin-linked signaling are presented and the major pathways so far implicated in laminopathies are summarized...
- Lamins are rapamycin targets that impact human longevity: a study in centenarians
National Research Council of Italy, Institute of Molecular Genetics, Unit of Bologna IOR, 40136 Bologna, Italy
J Cell Sci 127:147-57. 2014
..We propose that the reported mechanisms safeguard healthy ageing in humans through adaptation of the nuclear environment to stress stimuli. ..
- Barrier-to-autointegration factor (BAF) involvement in prelamin A-related chromatin organization changes
CNR National Research Council of Italy, Institute of Molecular Genetics, Unit of Bologna, 40136 Bologna, Italy
Oncotarget 7:15662-77. 2016
..Finally, we demonstrate that the LAP2-alpha nuclear localization defect observed in HGPS cells involves the progerin-BAF interaction, thus establishing a functional link between BAF and prelamin A pathological forms...
- Association of emerin with nuclear and cytoplasmic actin is regulated in differentiating myoblasts
ITOI CNR, Unit of Bologna, c o IOR, Via di Barbiano, 1 10, I 40136 Bologna, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 303:764-70. 2003
..These data provide evidence of a modulation of emerin-actin interaction in muscle cells, possibly through differentiation-related stimuli...
- Regulation of novel protein kinase C epsilon by phosphorylation
Boston Biomedical Research Institute, Watertown, MA 02472, USA
Biochem J 363:537-45. 2002
..However, the regulation of this phosphorylation is different for novel and conventional PKCs. Specifically, the phosphorylation of novel PKCs is regulated rather than constitutive...